Main problem with Islam

The supernatural nonsense is not the problem. The problem is that Mo has followers that think he ever word an action was perfect and seek to follow him.

Why then do people scratch their heads when his followers rape, pillage, kill, and conquer with the sword. Then someone like Obozo gets up and says that they are not true Muslims.

Seems like somebody needs an education in Islamic theology.

I agree with everything else you have said, but I see the supernatural stuff as part of the problem since it add that superstitious element to the whole process.

Islam is a political manifesto created by a murderous warlord in such a way as to ensure the fealty of his warriors. All the superstitious stuff acts as the hammer to keep them in line as all the relentless reward/punishment systems he infused in his manifesto use the fear of God to keep them in line.His grafting this religious element onto the politics is still effective today, not only upon all those who see it as their duty to force the world to submit, but upon the targets of the aggression who are loathe to criticize it because of this weird thing we have when it comes to religion. As soon as God is in the picture, it's hands off.

If more people could learn to see religion as just one subset of ideology in general, and develop the intellectual clarity necessary to critique it as they do any other ideology, more could see Islam for what it is. Islam is a totalitarian ideology that micromanages people's lives down to the iota, restricts free expression and demands absolute conformity. Why we limit our understanding of it by framing it as just a religion is beyond me.

Correct. Without superstition, Mo was just some crazy dude who lived in a cave.

The main problem with Islam is that it isn't true.
Then you have no worries mate...... :cool:
No, Islam is still a problem even though it isn't true. That is because people who believe in Islam are behaving in very anti-social ways, which is causing problems for everyone around them. I'm not saying Muslims are the only people who behave anti-socially, but they do cause more than their fair share of problems with their neighbors and with each other.

I watched an informative YouTube video from VICE the other day. This juvenile delinquent goes from misfit and debt collector in Australia to head-chopper in Syria. If you have seen some bouncer-looking guy holding a head that was probably him. He also had his ~10 year old son pose for a picture holding a human head. Some people were saying, "Well he was not very religious so since he only recently joined Islam he is not a 'real' Muslim." What I saw was a guy who wanted to kill and wanted/needed to get out of the country. For him he and Islam was a perfect fit. He did not pervert Islam nor did Islam pervert him. They were just a natural fit. It was this guy's true nature to kill and Islam's true nature is to have killers.

After thinking about this a while, it occurred to me that the main problem with Islam is their doctrine that man can be "perfect".

Specifically, they believe that Mo is perfect. But how can Mo be perfect if there are or never have been perfect people before him? Simple, you just use Biblical figures like Moses and David as perfect people. The only problem is that the Bible paints a much darker image of these two. Both murdered other men, Moses was kept out of the Promised Land because he sinned against God, and David was forced to kill off his offspring as a judgment against him from God for murder and adultery.

The solution? Mo just said that the Bible had been "corrupted" and that these men were, in fact, perfect as he.

Of course, Christianity teaches that only Jesus was perfect and this is because he was actually God in the flesh.

What baffles the hell out of me is how someone who converts with the sword, takes their women as sex slaves, takes a 9 year old as a wife, and then personally beheads some 600 defenseless prisoners ever considered a perfect human being by anyone?

Well today, perfect Mo would be serving consecutive life sentences in Federal prison.

I watch these videos of Muslims in combat and they all are constantly yelling, "god is great" which means, "god, please kill the guy I am shooting at." It is a chant from every Muslim fighter "god kill", "god kill", "god kill", "god kill"

I wish a day would come when people would realize war is stupid and stop trying to solve problems with violence.

But I am realistic enough to realize that that day may never come, and in the meantime, we have to be prepared to defend ourselves from people who think violence is the first solution to every problem.

Ever since 9/11, our nation has been at a constant state of war and our government has expanded to monitor our activities on the cellphone, the internet, etc.

There doesn't seem to be any solution to end this, nor is victory possible, at least not in the near future.

I think Muslims should realize that the rest of us are quite put out by the situation, and at least try to understand why we are losing our patience with your religion.

I wish a day would come when people would realize war is stupid and stop trying to solve problems with violence.

But I am realistic enough to realize that that day may never come, and in the meantime, we have to be prepared to defend ourselves from people who think violence is the first solution to every problem.

Ever since 9/11, our nation has been at a constant state of war and our government has expanded to monitor our activities on the cellphone, the internet, etc.

There doesn't seem to be any solution to end this, nor is victory possible, at least not in the near future.

I think Muslims should realize that the rest of us are quite put out by the situation, and at least try to understand why we are losing our patience with your religion.

There are 1.6 billion or so and counting. Meanwhile, infidels have stopped having children, by and large.

Soon you will be an outsider in your own country.

I watch these videos of Muslims in combat and they all are constantly yelling, "god is great" which means, "god, please kill the guy I am shooting at." It is a chant from every Muslim fighter "god kill", "god kill", "god kill", "god kill"
But wait, Hussein Obama the great Islamic scholar keeps telling us these guys have nothing to do with Islam. :cuckoo:

Dear forumers,

There is no problem with Islam. There is a common saying, all that glitters is not gold. Acid is not honey, and honey is not acid. A child will even look at the sun and think it fits in his hand. When you look at the sun behind a red glass, it looks red to you. Diamond gems will look very small. This is how life is.

You people really ought to have some Muslims calling you liars simply because they do not see you crucifying yourselves.This would be fair since you tell Muslims that their religion is about killing innocents and lying to spread the faith.

Muhammad (peace be upon him and his family) said: love for others what you love for yourself. Abu Bakr (may God be well pleased with him) said: there is no good in a man if his anger overcomes his patience. Umar (may God be well pleased with him) said: Whoso talks too much acquires many ills. The Qur'an, which is the word of God, the Lord of Muhammad, said: A.L.M.

It is obvious that Islam is a true religion of God; and as such all other religions are falsehood and lies.

No, it means they are recognizing the awesomeness of God, even in their darkest hour

Forum List

Back