Maggots Removed From Man's Nose (GRAPHIC VIDEO + Pics)

jchima

Sep 22, 2014
If you thought maggots in the ear were bad, you've been warned: this is much, much worse.

n-MAGGOTS-REMOVED-NOSE-large.jpg
In video of an endoscopic procedure that tiptoes the line between medical marvel and pure horror, a patient has live maggots removed from his nasal cavity.
The graphic footage was shared earlier this year by Dr. Meenesh Juvekar, an ENT consultant at Bombay Hospital in Mumbai, India. It is four minutes of stomach-turning terror -- especially when the removed maggots writhe around.

The condition is called myiasis, a parasitic infection of fly larva. According to the CDC, it generally occurs in tropical and subtropical climates. Flies lay eggs in an untreated or open sore, and when the eggs hatch, the maggots begin eating the surrounding tissue.

Not surprisingly, myiasis can be fatal if left untreated. So while this video is not for the squeamish, the doctor probably saved this patient's life.

According to the Daily Mail, the patient in this case was a 55-year-old man who ended up having 50 maggots removed from his sinuses during the two-hour procedure. He is said to have recovered from the infection completely.
2070868436762058083e108006e34b46_M.jpg

Watch Video: Maggots Removed From Man s Nose GRAPHIC VIDEO Pics - eReporter

That was just disgusting...:puke:
Glad you enjoyed it....

Yes...appetizing.

What I am most curious about, is what type of fly does that? Kind of looked like Bot Fly larvae...yet, that is not how the Bot Fly usually transmits its eggs...

I wish I could get maggots up my nose to help clear my sinuses around allergy season...
:lol: Well, that would be one way to help...but then again, as they grow, you would just end up congested again.............ok...ewww.

In some far reaches of humanity Maggot cheese is a delicacy

"Casu Marzu, a pecorino cheese and Sardinian specialty, surely wins among most disgusting cheeses of the world. The direct translation is “rotten cheese” and rightly so: blocks of otherwise beautiful Italian pecorino cheeses are purposely prepared to become the natural breeding grounds for nests of maggots—the natural harbingers of rot and putrefaction. As if pecorino wasn’t pungent enough…"

The 10 Most Disgusting Foods in the World - GROSS

"Casu Marzu, a pecorino cheese and Sardinian specialty, surely wins among most disgusting cheeses of the world. The direct translation is “rotten cheese” and rightly so: blocks of otherwise beautiful Italian pecorino cheeses are purposely prepared to become the natural breeding grounds for nests of maggots—the natural harbingers of rot and putrefaction. As if pecorino wasn’t pungent enough…"

Thank you Alex, for ruining my appetite for the rest of my life.

I know what you mean I was offered a cheese danish for lunch today. I passed.:eek:

I know what you mean I was offered a cheese danish for lunch today. I passed.:eek:

I'm sure...:eusa_sick:

Well not really I concentrated on a dot on the wall, I closed my eyes held my nose and gobbled that baby down.

Well not really I concentrated on a dot on the wall, I closed my eyes held my nose and gobbled that baby down.

:lol:

Forum List

Back