Doctor Pulls Hundreds Of Maggots From Patient's Ear (VIDEO + PHOTOS)

jchima

Sep 22, 2014
a121e39f639f5564abd14d939cc78407_M.jpg

No matter how bad your day might be, it can't be as bad as the young man who had to have hundreds of maggots removed from his ear -- with tweezers.

Last May, an unidentified patient approached Dr. Vikram Yadav -- a dermatologist based in Faizabad, India -- complaining of a buzzing in his ear.
Now the video is going viral after some British newspapers posted it on their websites.

Yadav discovered the man had aural myasis, a condition caused when a person's nose or ears are infested with fly larvae. Patients often notice a buzzing in their ears along with a smelly discharge in the area, the Daily Mail reports.

Yadav, who Vice.com calls "the King of Blackheads" because of his many pimple-popping videos, said the maggots looked like a wiggling mass deep in the patient's ear.

The maggots were feeding off the patient's inner ear flesh and would have burrowed into the brain and killed him had Yadav not intervened. In the procedure, Yadav first suffocated the bugs so they fled to the entrance of the ear. Then he removed them one or two at a time with tweezers.
SEE MORE PICS AND VIDEO: Doctor Pulls Hundreds Of Maggots From Patient s Ear VIDEO PHOTOS - eReporter

No matter how bad your day might be, it can't be as bad as the young man who had to have hundreds of maggots removed from his ear -- with tweezers.

Last May, an unidentified patient approached Dr. Vikram Yadav -- a dermatologist based in Faizabad, India -- complaining of a buzzing in his ear.
Now the video is going viral after some British newspapers posted it on their websites.

Yadav discovered the man had aural myasis, a condition caused when a person's nose or ears are infested with fly larvae. Patients often notice a buzzing in their ears along with a smelly discharge in the area, the Daily Mail reports.

Yadav, who Vice.com calls "the King of Blackheads" because of his many pimple-popping videos, said the maggots looked like a wiggling mass deep in the patient's ear.

The maggots were feeding off the patient's inner ear flesh and would have burrowed into the brain and killed him had Yadav not intervened. In the procedure, Yadav first suffocated the bugs so they fled to the entrance of the ear. Then he removed them one or two at a time with tweezers.
SEE MORE PICS AND VIDEO: Doctor Pulls Hundreds Of Maggots From Patient s Ear VIDEO PHOTOS - eReporter
Post like this make me wish computers had a "BITCHSLAP THE SOB THAT POSTED THIS" feature.

Just hurled my lunch.

IRL this stuff happens though, I had a student with a roach rotting in his ear, and another one that had pushed a redbean up her nose,

and had a damned vine in her sinuses.

I have left maggots on the wounds of animals and wrapped them in the dressing. Maggots only eat dead tissue so they did the work for me.

Maggot debridement therapy. DermNet NZ
Harvard Marketing Site - Contact Us

If you really want to get rid of maggots, sprinkle them with corn starch.

One of the most icky things that ever happened to was once, when I sorta sniffed strongly, I accidentally sucked a fly into my sinus cavity. You just can't imagine what it was like to feel your whole head buzzing and vibrating. (words fail me but I just made a shuddering, icky sound)

All I did to get rid of it was blow my nose.

Enough of an Ick Factor for y'all?

Wait ... whaaa?

>> Yadav, who Vice.com calls "the King of Blackheads" because of his many pimple-popping videos <<

There's actually a "vice.com"??

• Banned
Post like this make me wish computers had a "BITCHSLAP THE SOB THAT POSTED THIS" feature.

Just hurled my lunch.

IRL this stuff happens though, I had a student with a roach rotting in his ear, and another one that had pushed a redbean up her nose,

Am sorry about your lunch.

Just hurled my lunch.

Was something similar during the Smarties candy snorting thing about maggots forming in the nose of kids snorting the crushed up candy.

That's awesome! I saw a gross maggot video the other day of some dog who had like 20 or 25 maggots in an open wound on it's side. The Doggie Doc squeezed them all out into a bucket! I don't know why that sh*t doesn't bother me, it just doesn't.

Forum List

Back