MAGA Trade War updated: China Cancels Trade Talks. Thanks China for doing the right thing.

Baz Ares

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2017
China Cancels Trade Talks
China has scrapped planned trade talks with the U.S. and is unlikely to sit down with Washington until after November’s mid-term elections, according to people familiar with the situation.

The decision to call off a planned delegation next week comes as President Donald Trump signals he’s
prepared for short-term pain
for the U.S. economy by ramping up the trade war, in the pursuit of what he sees as the long-term gains from taking on China.
Terms of Service Violation

:dunno: Mr. Art of the DEAL fails again. I wonder how the Great Douche is making money here?
I guess he gets Russian payoff's as Russia sells more stuff.

I wonder when the new Farm Welfare checks go out?

Fyi; MAGA Works!
Soybean prices struggle to hold Friday's recent rally. The market has now tumbled almost -$2.00 per bushel in just the past five-weeks. Bulls are still saying the bottom is now in place following Friday's impressive rally off fresh new contract lows.
The current price of corn as of September 21, 2018 is $3.5725 per bushel.

Big drops in prices for crops make it tough down on the farm

MAGA: Your welcome farmers.
facebook.png

LOL! Under Obama, you saw higher prices paid.
Corn for 5 years agv. was above 4.80 to 8 bucks at times.

Last edited:
China has scrapped planned trade talks with the U.S. and is unlikely to sit down with Washington until after November’s mid-term elections, according to people familiar with the situation.

The decision to call off a planned delegation next week comes as President Donald Trump signals he’s
for the U.S. economy by ramping up the trade war, in the pursuit of what he sees as the long-term gains from taking on China.

:dunno: Mr. Art of the DEAL fails again. I wonder how the Great Douche is making money here?

Fyi; MAGA Works!
Soybean prices struggle to hold Friday's recent rally. The market has now tumbled almost -$2.00 per bushel in just the past five-weeks. Bulls are still saying the bottom is now in place following Friday's impressive rally off fresh new contract lows.

MAGA: Your welcome farmers. Under Obama, you saw higher prices paid.

I don't agree with Trump's tariffs, but China has also been undermining our trade practices for years and nobody has had the balls to call them to the carpet for it until now. Trade is only fair if both sides play by the rules and China has been cheating for a long time. Hardly surprising you are so infected with partisan hackery that you'd take the side of the people undermining your own.

• Banned

Fyi; MAGA Works!

I don't agree with Trump's tariffs, but China has also been undermining our trade practices for years and nobody has had the balls to call them to the carpet for it until now. Trade is only fair if both sides play by the rules and China has been cheating for a long time. Hardly surprising you are so infected with partisan hackery that you'd take the side of the people undermining your own.
BS. Everyone knew this. What has the Great Douche done?
Other than making me pay more for the stuff I buy.
So he can scam money off the tariff BS.
Like the US does not do the same for u.s. corporations.
Is saying good move by China the same as I'm on their team?
Any deal The Great Douche makes will not be good for America.
Other Real American Leaders can do better.

Fyi; MAGA Works!

A consumer tax on US citizens and businesses is 'taking China on'?

As the tarriffs are being paid by us. Not them. With Chinese exports to the US at a record high last month.

While at the same time our farmers are losing market share in China. Market share that took decades to build. And may take decades more to restore.

Last edited:
  • Banned

Fyi; MAGA Works!

As the tarriffs are being paid by us. Not them.

While at the same time our farmers are losing market share in China. Market share that took decades to build. And may take decades more to restore.

DOPers don't care about Facts. Or live in reality.

Fyi; MAGA Works!

As the tarriffs are being paid by us. Not them. With Chinese exports to the US at a record high last month.

I don't know much about trade and tariffs, but I remember back in the mid-70s when this trickle to off-shore manufacture of goods to sell in America became a torrent. I worked at a 'big box' department store and the vendor salesman from Gold Toe men's socks said that Walmart insisted they sell from China...and they did. I believe the N. Carolina base of manufacture suffered closures due to the move. Then more and more went to the lands of coolie wages. I tried so hard to resist by only buying Made in America products, but it soon became darn near impossible. My kids groaned at holiday events because I noted country of origin on all gifts, and even resorted to making my own amateurish baubles to give. But I gave up when the supplies I needed to make gifts were all imports too. When Sears Craftsman tools and Black & Decker left our shores, I couldn't win.

We did this to ourselves. We chose the cheap (and shoddy) even knowing we were hurting our fellow Americans and ultimately ourselves. Time to pay the piper. I don't like Donald Trump one bit, and I don't know if we can ever become the independent nation we were before the exodus, but I appreciate him trying. And I mourn for those farmers who did what they had to do to survive and now take the brunt of an attempted recovery

Fyi; MAGA Works!

I don't know much about trade and tariffs, but I remember back in the mid-70s when this trickle to off-shore manufacture of goods to sell in America became a torrent. I worked at a 'big box' department store and the vendor salesman from Gold Toe men's socks said that Walmart insisted they sell from China...and they did. I believe the N. Carolina base of manufacture suffered closures due to the move. Then more and more went to the lands of coolie wages. I tried so hard to resist by only buying Made in America products, but it soon became darn near impossible. My kids groaned at holiday events because I noted country of origin on all gifts, and even resorted to making my own amateurish baubles to give. But I gave up when the supplies I needed to make gifts were all imports too. When Sears Craftsman tools and Black & Decker left our shores, I couldn't win.

We did this to ourselves. We chose the cheap (and shoddy) even knowing we were hurting our fellow Americans and ultimately ourselves. Time to pay the piper. I don't like Donald Trump one bit, and I don't know if we can ever become the independent nation we were before the exodus, but I appreciate him trying. And I mourn for those farmers who did what they had to do to survive and now take the brunt of an attempted recovery

I'd appreciate it far more if he was smart about it. His take on NAFTA was reasonably well done (with Mexico anyway. Actively trying to insult Canada to feed his ego was monumentally stupid). He opened negotiations with the looming threat of tariffs or the cancellation of NAFTA and then talked.

In this instance, he just shit all over the process to start. And just keeps shitting to such an extent that China isn't even willing to talk to us about this issue. His negotiations are abysmal. His tactics, stupid. As they amount to a tax on US citizens and consumers while damaging the market share that farmers have spent decades building in China.

There's little to appreciate in incomptent execution.

Fyi; MAGA Works!

I'd appreciate it far more if he was smart about it. His take on NAFTA was reasonably well done (with Mexico anyway. Actively trying to insult Canada to feed his ego was monumentally stupid). He opened negotiations with the looming threat of tariffs or the cancellation of NAFTA and then talked.

In this instance, he just shit all over the process to start. And just keeps shitting to such an extent that China isn't even willing to talk to us about this issue. His negotiations are abysmal. His tactics, stupid. As they amount to a tax on US citizens and consumers while damaging the market share that farmers have spent decades building in China.

I plead ignorance. But your point is well taken. I do believe the rest of the world sees Trump as a buffoon, while he sees himself as a master of deals. Yet we need to do something. I just wish I knew what.

Fyi; MAGA Works!

Hmm. You be close. We need to reduce buying China and others made things.
Or made with them. We need to clearly hold our Manufactures accountable.
Most US manufacturers lie about being made in America. It's a DOPer Feel good Slogan.
Amazon is a problem, but I love to get the stuff easy. I've few options but to buy China or
other unequal tradable items. Or go without. Wall Street Scams moved industries to Asia
the area for more Corp Profits, Anf The Great 2017 BS Tax scam rewarded them for doing SO FFS!. Clearly, these4 companies should be taxed. As all taxes, they will pass on to us.
And I will pass on the 1500 iphone, still.

Last edited:

I wouldn't know. I don't shop at Walmart.
Neither does Trump. But a lot of folks in West Virginia do, and in farm country, and the way things are for them, they will notice the jump in prices. Small businesses are already running into big trouble in some areas. Big ones will just pass on the increase in costs.

I heard that the best way to tackle the China thing would be to get a whole group of countries that do a lot of trade with China to get together and put on the pressure together. Maybe they think that way it wouldn't take so long to get China to come around. I dunno. But I'll tell ya what--whatever China was doing to hurt us doesn't seem to have hurt as much as these tariffs are doing.

Fyi; MAGA Works!

It isn't just farmers. Fishermen, too.

Fyi; MAGA Works!

MAGA: Your welcome farmers.
facebook.png

LOL! Under Obama, you saw higher prices paid.

What is even more incredible was that the ICBM NK launched on July 4 last year was fired from a mobile launcher. That in and of itself is not concerning; what is concerning is that the Chinese made the launcher. This gives NK a capability to move their nuke assets around their nation making it much more difficult to dismantle/destroy.

Gee, can’t imagine why the Chinese are not helping us with NK…can you?

Neither does Trump. But a lot of folks in West Virginia do, and in farm country, and the way things are for them, they will notice the jump in prices. Small businesses are already running into big trouble in some areas. Big ones will just pass on the increase in costs.

I heard that the best way to tackle the China thing would be to get a whole group of countries that do a lot of trade with China to get together and put on the pressure together. Maybe they think that way it wouldn't take so long to get China to come around. I dunno. But I'll tell ya what--whatever China was doing to hurt us doesn't seem to have hurt as much as these tariffs are doing.
Our problem is that we've offended everyone we need to team up with to become a collective power to deal with China. But, my friend, the coal mines will never return to the fullness of it's past. Some things just become obsolete, and coal fired machinery is one of them. Like leaded gas, or even petroleum cars, America has found a better cleaner way and is reworking to eliminate the old.

You mean NAFTA?
Obama signs 3 trade deals, biggest since NAFTA
The agreements will bring to 20 those countries that have free trade relations with the United States. could get China to a better place where they were really opening up their markets," it would be a major windfall to U.S. exporters.
That Obama signed I think.
but really, Till China pays people an equal rate to the American wage. China issue of trade imbalance will go on. We need to speed 350B less on the Military arms and spend that on
credit for buying American
And put real restrictions on Wall Street for the damage they have done.
Where can they go, China? LOL!

Last edited:

Our problem is that we've offended everyone we need to team up with to become a collective power to deal with China. But, my friend, the coal mines will never return to the fullness of it's past. Some things just become obsolete, and coal fired machinery is one of them. Like leaded gas, or even petroleum cars, America has found a better cleaner way and is reworking to eliminate the old.

That's a serious issue. When you shit on your allies harder than your adversaries......its difficult to come back to them later, hat in hand, asking for help.

Forum List

Back