Made something completely new (for me at least)

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
Been making cupcakes and recently corn bread muffins for neighbors. Been thinking though why wouldn't pancake batter would as muffins? Yesterday I finally tried it. Worked great.

Used the Hungry Man or Jack brand with 'just add water' mixed some up, used the same 350F as with cupcakes, same time about 15 mins, came out similar to corn bread muffins. Was worried the just add water brand as opposed to egg and milk one might not rise enough but it did.

Took some to a couple of the maintenance guys I've known for years, "Hi guys. Got something new for you to try - tried one myself they're fine." :) "Pancake muffins." Had a little tin foil sorta cupcake wrapper filled with syrup for dipping em.

Been making cupcakes and recently corn bread muffins for neighbors. Been thinking though why wouldn't pancake batter would as muffins? Yesterday I finally tried it. Worked great.

Used the Hungry Man or Jack brand with 'just add water' mixed some up, used the same 350F as with cupcakes, same time about 15 mins, came out similar to corn bread muffins. Was worried the just add water brand as opposed to egg and milk one might not rise enough but it did.

Took some to a couple of the maintenance guys I've known for years, "Hi guys. Got something new for you to try - tried one myself they're fine." :) "Pancake muffins." Had a little tin foil sorta cupcake wrapper filled with syrup for dipping em.

I make a giant pancake in a pie plate sometimes. You slice up some apple (a firm kind of apple - MacIntosh don't work very well) and layer it on the bottom of a greased pie plate, sprinkled with some brown sugar. Pour the pancake batter on top. Bake at 350 (I can't remember for how long off the top of my head), let cool, flip it out onto a plate. Delicious! You don't even really need syrup. :)

If it is the "just add water" version ... You can substitute some syrup for water and bake the taste in.
You can also use spices ... clove, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, vanilla or whatever ... As well as fruits like strawberries and blueberries.

I make a giant pancake in a pie plate sometimes. You slice up some apple (a firm kind of apple - MacIntosh don't work very well) and layer it on the bottom of a greased pie plate, sprinkled with some brown sugar. Pour the pancake batter on top. Bake at 350 (I can't remember for how long off the top of my head), let cool, flip it out onto a plate. Delicious! You don't even really need syrup. :)

Neat. :)

Man, you are in dire need of a copy of "Joy of Cooking".

Look for one next time you pass a used book store.

If you don't agree after a month, I'll send you a check for the cost.