Mad_Cabbie's weight loss odyssey.

Mad_Cabbie

Gold Member
Nov 2, 2013
العراق
Last year, I was 240 lbs and was working out at the gym 5 days a week and dieting (quite unsuccessfully).

After a few months, I decided to make some changes.

1 i stopped drinking my calories. That means spring water and coffee in the morning, no cream or sugar.

2 I quit working out so much. I decided to concentrate on losing first and then start working out when I had more energy.

3 I cut my overall intake of food.

4 I started eating shortly after I woke up.

5 I don't keep food in my house so I wont eat late-night snacks.

Now, after a month and a half - I'm 218!

I have a lot more energy now from not eating sugar so I decided to every day, start cleaning my cab for exercise! I know it sounds weird, but I no longer take my cab through the $12.00 car wash and instead, I wipe it off, manually. The results for the cab are spectacular - I have the cleanest cab in the city (not that hard to do).

Sill losing weight and my goal for now, is to start working out more once I reach 195.

I'm hopping to be there by June.

I will adjust my goal of 178 lbs as I slim down further; I don't want to lose any muscle mass, so I make sure that I get enough protein.

As far as my fat intake, I am shooting for a healthy balance of good fats, like Omega 3, and a proper mix of saturated fats with no trans fats.

Every day I eat a couple pieces of fruit and veggies when I have time. I keep nuts and raisins for snacks and every week, I break down and have pizza on Friday night. This plan seems to be working very well.

I'll update in a few days or whenever I lose more.

Edit: I forgot to share what made me decide to want to be thin again.

When I was young, I liked the fact that I was thin, but very strong. It used to surprise people when I weighed 160 lbs, but I could out bench them.

Most specifically, though, I miss being able to "squeeze" through tight spaces.

Last edited:
Last year, I was 240 lbs and was working out at the gym 5 days a week and dieting (quite unsuccessfully).

1 i stopped drinking my calories. That means spring water and coffee in the morning, no cream or sugar.

2 I quit working out so much. I decided to concentrate on losing first and then start working out when I had more energy.

I have a lot more energy now from not eating sugar so I decided to every day, start cleaning my cab for exercise! I know it sounds weird, but I no longer take my cab through the $12.00 car wash and instead, I wipe it off, manually. The results for the cab are spectacular - I have the cleanest cab in the city (not that hard to do).

Sill losing weight and my goal for now, is to start working out more once I reach 195.

I will adjust my goal of 178 lbs as I slim down further; I don't want to lose any muscle mass, so I make sure that I get enough protein.

As far as my fat intake, I am shooting for a healthy balance of good fats, like Omega 3, and a proper mix of saturated fats with no trans fats.

Every day I eat a couple pieces of fruit and veggies when I have time. I keep nuts and raisins for snacks and every week, I break down and have pizza on Friday night. This plan seems to be working very well.

When I was young, I liked the fact that I was thin, but very strong. It used to surprise people when I weighed 160 lbs, but I could out bench them.

Keep it up. Sounds like you are doing great. Dumping sugar is a great starting point. When I began gaining weight, I stopped using those flavored creamers in my coffee and I gave up soda. From what I calculated, that added up to about 4000 calories per week. In the following four months, I lost 17 pounds even though I was actually eating quite a bit more. I was also working out and running, so I was burning a lot of calories.

I didn't have a great deal of weight to lose, but it just goes to show how eating responsibly can have such a positive affect. As for my current diet, I eat plenty of fruits and veggies and lots of protein. The only thing I truly try to limit is carbs. That doesn't mean going carbless, just keeping the carbs within reason.

• Banned
Down to about 215. I feel a lot quicker than I did two months ago. Still polishing my car everyday for my only exercise.

Every Friday I eat my favorite pizza and have a mountain do.

Would like to be 200 by June, instead of 195. I'm losing a bit slower now.

Weight lifting is one of the best things you can do to lose weight. You dont have to over do it. Make a habit of doing 3 sets of curls a day and 60 pushups. Its better to incorporate it into a habit that you do every day instead of thinking of it as an event for an extended period of time. Just like you brush your teeth every day, fall down and do 20 pushups afterwards.

VERY sensible weight-loss program, MC. :clap2: Sugar and breads are the most fattening foods, as well as any food with gluten. Sugar is addicting. Smart to give up the gym too, as new muscle adds weight and is discouraging to those trying to lose it. It is recommended to put off the fitness club until after the desired weight loss is achieved, according to the most reputable sites on the subject I have read. :D Way to go, guy..

MC- when your fat loss slows- you can get it restarted by switching to a "slow-carb" diet. Just eliminate anything white (rice,potatoes, bread, pasta, etc)and NO FRUIT! for 6 days a week. Eat lots of beans at each meal. On the 7th day (saturday for me) go nuts. Eat all the crap (and fruit) you want - pies, cakes, ice cream, pasta etc...spiking your calories once a week paradoxically allows you to lose more fat!

:thup:

Last edited:
I think your losing before working out is a great idea.

One step at a time. Keep up the great work

Down to about 215. I feel a lot quicker than I did two months ago. Still polishing my car everyday for my only exercise.

Mountain dew has lithium in it just like meth. i would avoid sodas period.

Edit...

It used to have lithium in it just like 7up.

Last edited:

Right. For another reason, soda beverages are carbonated and that in itself makes a person retain water. Water shows as weight on a scale.

Right. For another reason, soda beverages are carbonated and that in itself makes a person retain water. Water shows as weight on a scale.

some citrus sodas have brominated vegetable oil in them as well. Powerade Drops Controversial Brominated Vegetable Oil Ingredient
The ingredient, brominated vegetable oil, had been the target of a petition by a Mississippi teenager, who questioned why it was being used in a drink marketed toward health-conscious athletes. The petition on Change.org noted that the ingredient is linked to a flame retardant and is not approved for use in Japan or the European Union.
I have a pretty good exercise sched but I need to work on altering my seefood diet :eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

Has a lot of carbs in the form of sugar. One thing though. Weight is not really the issue. If it is then you will fail at keeping it off. Being your healthiest should be the main goal and your weight, whatever that may be, will take care of itself.

Has a lot of carbs in the form of sugar. One thing though. Weight is not really the issue. If it is then you will fail at keeping it off. Being your healthiest should be the main goal and your weight, whatever that may be, will take care of itself.

When I used to drink Mountain Dew, I drank sugar free. Now I never drink carbonated beverages. I am an expert on staying slender and healthy. I have been doing it most of my sweet life. :D

Weight lifting is one of the best things you can do to lose weight. You dont have to over do it. Make a habit of doing 3 sets of curls a day and 60 pushups. Its better to incorporate it into a habit that you do every day instead of thinking of it as an event for an extended period of time. Just like you brush your teeth every day, fall down and do 20 pushups afterwards.

Curls? :eek:

Compound movements like squats and dead lifts are far more effective than bicep curls. Nobody lost an ounce of weight by "curling". Well, maybe these gals did...

images

:lol:

But I do agree with your sentiment. :thup:

VERY sensible weight-loss program, MC. :clap2: Sugar and breads are the most fattening foods, as well as any food with gluten. Sugar is addicting. Smart to give up the gym too, as new muscle adds weight and is discouraging to those trying to lose it. It is recommended to put off the fitness club until after the desired weight loss is achieved, according to the most reputable sites on the subject I have read. :D Way to go, guy..

Have to respectfully disagree with you on the weights. Weight training should be part of a full spectrum program for optimum health. More and more studies are showing that weight training is just as important as cardio training to reduce weight if not more so.

some citrus sodas have brominated vegetable oil in them as well. Powerade Drops Controversial Brominated Vegetable Oil Ingredient
The ingredient, brominated vegetable oil, had been the target of a petition by a Mississippi teenager, who questioned why it was being used in a drink marketed toward health-conscious athletes. The petition on Change.org noted that the ingredient is linked to a flame retardant and is not approved for use in Japan or the European Union.
I have a pretty good exercise sched but I need to work on altering my seefood diet :eusa_whistle:

That seefood diet is preventing me from getting those six pack abs. I must admit, I enjoy eating. Even with as much as I eat, I'm in great shape, but I cannot lose those last two inches in my gut.

Soda pops dirty secret is that it is designed to make you thirstier so you consume more. The empty calorie sugar hides the salt in it that makes you thirsty. The caffeine in it is a diuretic to make you piss so you will be even thirstier & hungry.

Forum List

Back