MAD Magazine -- Circa 1973 -- Too Much For Today's Libs

Warrior102

Gold Member
May 22, 2011
I remember when an issue of MAD magazine came out in the early 70s (I wanna say '73) - right at the time that the sitcom "All In The Family" was all the rage.

The issue included a very thin, pull out and play 45 RPM (link follows).

The story board in the magazine closely followed the audio on the 45.

Can you imagine if such a thing was released today?

I love the way it ends - i.e. the laugh track throwing up.

Yes, I agree - this is unacceptable in today's culture and would support pulling this issue of the magazine.

But dear God - what would the Liberal reaction be?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhIpR1x1-fI]MAD Magazine presents "Gall in the Family Fare" - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
My friend Phil and I put that whole satire on as a Play for our parents and friends! MAD Magazine is the best, followed by National Lampoon. Creem Magazine too, they made fun of the music industry.

Freedom of speech was in full force back then. You can't hardly say anything or have an opinion anymore.

My friend Phil and I put that whole satire on as a Play for our parents and friends! MAD Magazine is the best, followed by National Lampoon. Creem Magazine too, they made fun of the music industry.

Freedom of speech was in full force back then. You can't hardly say anything or have an opinion anymore.

You still can get that kind of satire. Don't believe me? You need to check out the movie, C.S.A.: The Confederate States of America.

C.S.A.: The Confederate States of America - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

MAD magazine was mostly written/drawn by Jews... and Jews can, of course, reference themselves in humorous ways, as Larry David likes to do today. It's us goyim who can't say anything. Heck, even Tom Cruise's Jewish slimeball character was conceived by... a Jew.

The comedy revolves around Archie Bunker (Carroll O'Connor), a working-class World War II veteran. He is a very outspoken bigot, seemingly prejudiced against everyone who is not a U.S.-born, politically conservative, heterosexual White Anglo-Saxon Protestant, and dismissive of anyone not in agreement with his view of the world. His ignorance and stubbornness tend to cause his malapropism-filled arguments to self-destruct. He often responds to uncomfortable truths by blowing a raspberry. He longs for simpler times when people sharing his viewpoint were in charge, as evidenced by the nostalgic theme song "Those Were the Days", the show's original title.

All in the Family - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Forum List

Back