Lying about your address to get into a better school will land you in Jail

The owner of the property paying taxes is not the same as the renter paying property taxes.
That is correct, the renter doesn't pay property taxes but part of their rent does, and the taxes are still paid and they go, mostly, to the schools, which is why you are required to reside within the district to attend said schools. Pay to play, or be taught in this case. See how that works now?
You are not required to reside in the school district. As long as you have a job in the school district your child can go to the school. Like I said earlier, if the owner doesnt pay the property taxes they dont tell the renter that their kids have to leave school.
Not sure where you got this from but where your kids can attend school is based on their address.

Your renter issue is of no concern. Property taxes are a country-city issue.
Looks like its state based.

Clovis Unified School District

"California’s school attendance laws allow for those living or working within the boundaries of Clovis Unified to attend our schools. So long as you annually verify that you are still employed somewhere within the District’s boundaries, your child’s enrollment is valid through the twelfth grade."
Help for you, and not the norm:

"If I live outside of Clovis Unified's attendance boundaries, can my child attend a CUSD school?
Our Governing Board has established two policies to accommodate parents or guardians wishing to enroll their child in a CUSD school, even though they reside outside of the district's attendance boundaries. Policies 2209 "District of choice and inter-district transfers," and 2210 "Inter-district transfers during the school year," provide clear guidelines that must be met prior to an inter-district transfer request being approved. No inter-district transfer student will be placed in a school of choice unless all pupils residing within the school's attendance boundaries have first been accommodated. Copies of policies Policy Center, or by calling the Student Services and School Attendance Office at 559.327.9200. As required by California Education Code 48204(f), if CUSD has space available, a student (in grades k-12) living outside the boundaries of CUSD has the right to attend school in CUSD if the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are employed anywhere within the boundaries of CUSD. Once a student is admitted into CUSD under this state law, the child will be considered a resident of CUSD with said residency valid through grade 12, as long as the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) remain employed anywhere within the boundaries of CUSD."

The owner of the property paying taxes is not the same as the renter paying property taxes.
That is correct, the renter doesn't pay property taxes but part of their rent does, and the taxes are still paid and they go, mostly, to the schools, which is why you are required to reside within the district to attend said schools. Pay to play, or be taught in this case. See how that works now?
You are not required to reside in the school district. As long as you have a job in the school district your child can go to the school. Like I said earlier, if the owner doesnt pay the property taxes they dont tell the renter that their kids have to leave school.
Not sure where you got this from but where your kids can attend school is based on their address.

"California’s school attendance laws allow for those living or working within the boundaries of Clovis Unified to attend our schools. So long as you annually verify that you are still employed somewhere within the District’s boundaries, your child’s enrollment is valid through the twelfth grade."

"If I live outside of Clovis Unified's attendance boundaries, can my child attend a CUSD school?
Our Governing Board has established two policies to accommodate parents or guardians wishing to enroll their child in a CUSD school, even though they reside outside of the district's attendance boundaries. Policies 2209 "District of choice and inter-district transfers," and 2210 "Inter-district transfers during the school year," provide clear guidelines that must be met prior to an inter-district transfer request being approved. No inter-district transfer student will be placed in a school of choice unless all pupils residing within the school's attendance boundaries have first been accommodated. Copies of policies Policy Center, or by calling the Student Services and School Attendance Office at 559.327.9200. As required by California Education Code 48204(f), if CUSD has space available, a student (in grades k-12) living outside the boundaries of CUSD has the right to attend school in CUSD if the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) are employed anywhere within the boundaries of CUSD. Once a student is admitted into CUSD under this state law, the child will be considered a resident of CUSD with said residency valid through grade 12, as long as the parent(s) or legal guardian(s) remain employed anywhere within the boundaries of CUSD."
Its very much the norm. I know plenty of kids that live outside our school district with parents employed in the district.

The mom made an indiscretion. The school district sounds like they're nuts. I wonder if there's more to this story....

But if your kid was a star football player, I bet the kid's residence would be overlooked by the school district.
Here in Charlotte that's how we have had NC 4-A State Champions 8 out of the past 10 years, Independence HS-3, Butler HS-3, Charlotte Catholic HS-2. The High Schools provide a house in their district for one or both parents to live until Junior goes to college.

Its very much the norm. I know plenty of kids that live outside our school district with parents employed in the district.
Goody for you, but in most of the country it is based strictly on where you live, which is why this woman is going to jail.

The mom made an indiscretion. The school district sounds like they're nuts. I wonder if there's more to this story....

But if your kid was a star football player, I bet the kid's residence would be overlooked by the school district.
Here in Charlotte that's how we have had NC 4-A State Champions 8 out of the past 10 years, Independence HS-3, Butler HS-3, Charlotte Catholic HS-2. The High Schools provide a house in their district for one or both parents to live until Junior goes to college.
American values alright.

American values alright.
All under the table of course. We even have a city councilwoman who lived in one district and represented another. Never heard or cared what the outcome was. Effing Liberals. That's why I live in Ft Worth most of the year.

BTW, Michigan has a Republican Governor, and the legislature is run by Republicans.

I am VERY aware of that.

But you don't just elect a Governor and start fising things that dimocrap filth took 50 years to fuck up.

Ask Kalifornication about that.

We not only have a Republican Governor but we DOMINATE the Florida House and the Florida Senate

Seats 160
Senate political groups
Democratic Party: 14
Republican Party: 25
Vacant: 1
House political groups
Democratic Party: 39
Republican Party: 80
Authority Article III, Florida Constitution

THAT is how you effect real change in a State, NOT with one person then run away and expect things to get done.

Florida kicks ass. That's why the future is OURS and your State is DYING

You didn't know that. You wrote, I'll quote you,

Wow, what a backward state. A lot of states have voted for schools of choice. It would never happen in Michigan either.

Michigan has no School Choice program. It is still run by backwards, stupid dimocraps

So, you wrote two falsehoods. One, that Michigan's doesn't have a school choice program, and two, that's it's STILL run by Democrats.

Stop while you are ahead. Never go head to head with Mr. Beale. Most posters have enough sense to do that. You are probably all for getting involved in a land war in Asia too, huh?

vizzini-laughing-o.gif

Again, the point is that if schools weren't so unequal, even districts, this wouldn't be an issue.

Florida looks like it got it right, let's open up all schools, let's get the poor into schools that will help break the cycle. Private, public, charter schools, let's allow parents and children to choose, the rules are wrong and it is wasting money that could be spent in educating today's kids.

Its like some white people didnt know this was a thing. I grew up with plenty of people who used their Grandparents address to get into a better school.

Which is funny because whites cite education as being a problem in the hood but have no idea that people try to run away from those same schools because they are shit schools

There you go again....infatuated with fellatio...come of the closet and free yourself.
You also have this great affection for excrement. Perhaps you need to see some professional help.
tumblr_m79id5e4PX1rwzsbso1_500.gif

Sequel+titties+ultra+man+z+by+waffledino+gotcha+_43865373bff4a50f949516456b612b8c.jpg

I can't figure out why people fight for freedom to place a child in an environment that will benefit the child.

The dad lived in the district and will will damn well guarantee you, if her kid was a good football player, none of this would have happened. Hire a PI? Just dumb, plain dumb.

We need school choice, we need private school alternatives, we need charter schools, we need choice for our children.

Move to Florida, we have School Choice.

On 2nd thought, there's an even better solution.....

Send scum of the earth, union-fellating dimocrap politicans to Hell where they belong.

BTW, Michigan has a Republican Governor, and the legislature is run by Republicans.

I am VERY aware of that.

But you don't just elect a Governor and start fising things that dimocrap filth took 50 years to fuck up.

We not only have a Republican Governor but we DOMINATE the Florida House and the Florida Senate

Seats 160
Senate political groups
House political groups

THAT is how you effect real change in a State, NOT with one person then run away and expect things to get done.

Wow, what a backward state. A lot of states have voted for schools of choice. It would never happen in Michigan either.

Michigan has no School Choice program. It is still run by backwards, stupid dimocraps

So, you wrote two falsehoods. One, that Michigan's doesn't have a school choice program, and two, that's it's STILL run by Democrats.

Stop while you are ahead. Never go head to head with Mr. Beale. Most posters have enough sense to do that. You are probably all for getting involved in a land war in Asia too, huh?

vizzini-laughing-o.gif

I'll be derned. I made a mistake.

I had NO idea Michigan was being run by a Republican Legislature these days.

But it just happened in 2010. Still not enough time to overcome the destruction done by dimocrap filth.

Maybe if you can keep scumbag dimocraps out, you can get some things fixed.

Good luck

Structure
Seats
148 voting members:
38 senators
110 representatives

Senate political groups
Majority

Minority

House of Representatives political groups
Majority

Minority

Authority Article IV, Michigan Constitution
Elections
Senate last election

November 4, 2014
House of Representatives last election
November 4, 2014

I am VERY aware of that.

Seats 160
Senate political groups
House political groups

vizzini-laughing-o.gif

I'll be derned. I made a mistake.

I had NO idea Michigan was being run by a Republican Legislature these days.

But it just happened in 2010. Still not enough time to overcome the destruction done by dimocrap filth.

Maybe if you can keep scumbag dimocraps out, you can get some things fixed.

Good luck

Structure
Seats
148 voting members:
38 senators
110 representatives

Senate political groups
Majority

Minority

House of Representatives political groups
Majority

Minority

Authority Article IV, Michigan Constitution
Elections
Senate last election

November 4, 2014
House of Representatives last election
November 4, 2014
It's been run by Republicans since the mid-90's.
Political party strength in Michigan - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Thank Republicans for notion of property tax relief, and all children should have an equal chance. Equality of start, not equality of outcomes. Schools of choice. Proposal A is the envy of the nation.

A brief history of Proposal A, or how we got here
A brief history of Proposal A or how we got here MLive.com

Michigan’s 20-year-old school funding system, based on the passage of Proposal A, is unique in the nation and came about after a political game of chicken. Michigan had a long tradition of local control of education, relying on local elections to set millage rates for property taxes, which in turn provided most of the funding for local school districts.

. . . . and. . . .

Proposal A means taxpayers can no longer vote to tax themselves extra to pay for ordinary school operations for their local schools. Michigan is the only state in the nation to fund schools with a state property tax and cap local property tax payments for school operations, according to the Education Commission of the States, a Denver-based research organization.

. . . . . and. . . . .

Why Proposal A has haters

A host of financial problems has led to cries for a Proposal A overhaul. Schools rely on state sales taxes, putting them at the mercy of a state economy that has seen tremendous upheaval since the 1990s. Slumps in sales taxes due to the recession and unemployment have meant less money for schools.

Schools statewide have experienced declining enrollment and therefore declining state funding under the per-pupil funding formula. Cutting costs when students leave is easier said than done, school officials complain. After losing small percentages of students, schools find it difficult to quickly cut budgets or staff because when a district loses a small percentage of students (and the revenue they bring), that doesn’t mean costs to run the district decline.

What’s more, Proposal A was designed to cut taxes and fund schools at a basic level, but was never designed to fund large-scale school reforms, which carry additional, sometimes expensive price tags.

Each and every child in Michigan has a "per/pupil" funding endowed by the State. They can take that funding to any school they are qualified to go to, whether public or charter school. This forces competition for education dollars. The best schools get the most education dollars. The MEA and teachers unions doesn't really like that.

Proposal A limits the amount local communities and government can tax for education. It limits the power of the local teachers unions. When the economy is tight, it forces cut backs across the board, just like every other sector of the economy.

Forum List

Back