Lyin Ted Cruz amendment to allow 529 tax exempt savings for K-12 & homeschooling passes the Senate

I'm perplexed.

I thought that higher taxes is a good thing in liberal states because liberal states adhere to a progressive tax plan.

Surely they will only punish the evil rich people in these liberal states which is a good thing.

So they're exempting money spent on private schools while they're taking away the deductibility of taxes spent on public schools?
well those people still pay those taxes.

This Cruz thing won't help lower income people much with private school or homeschooling. As I see this, it works like a Roth IRA, you have to invest money first, then you can use the gains you get from the investment as a tax free expenditure on school.
That requires one to have all that extra money lying around to sock away in the investment account.

So they're exempting money spent on private schools while they're taking away the deductibility of taxes spent on public schools?

This Cruz thing won't help lower income people much with private school or homeschooling. As I see this, it works like a Roth IRA, you have to invest money first, then you can use the gains you get from the investment as a tax free expenditure on school.
That requires one to have all that extra money lying around to sock away in the investment account.

Right, only rich folk have the means to save for education, in which case their money should be taken away.

They won't rest till everyone is as poor as in Venezuela and this topic will then just disappear.

Of course, we always need a rich ruling elite, who all send their kids to private schools.

Right, only rich folk have the means to save for education, in which case their money should be taken away.

They won't rest till everyone is as poor as in Venezuela and this topic will then just disappear.

Of course, we always need a rich ruling elite, who all send their kids to private schools.

Nobody's taking anyone's money away.

This plan benefits wealthier Americans disproportionately.

Nobody's taking anyone's money away.

This plan benefits wealthier Americans disproportionately.

But I thought the rich were being punished by taking away their right to deduct state taxes.

It does get a little confusing playing both sides of the fence, doesn't it.

Votto, please do some research and learn.

The fact is that whether it is vouchers or the new educational roth like education savings, they only help the wealthy, not the poor.

well open up vouchers and this goes away.

Another example of the libs being for choice when they're not for it.

Last edited:
Votto, please do some research and learn.

The fact is that whether it is vouchers or the new educational roth like education savings, they only help the wealthy, not the poor.

How do you figure?

Forum List

Back