Luxury San Francisco store may close after 166 years due to ‘litany of destructive’ policies making the city ‘unlivable.’

Life in the blue zones. And this joy is what former San Francisco Mayor Newsom wants for all of the United States.
Glad I’m old enough to have visited San Fran when it was a nice place.

I have no empathy for people living there as they overwhelmingly vote democrat.

Democrats are moving to Florida from Blue States because of Blue State failures starting with high taxes and high regulations.
When I moved out of California it wasn't for any of those reasons. It was because I had like an $18,000 raise.
People are moving out of California, New York, and other blue states into the “impoverished” red states you refer. Why is that?
Gee, Oregon and Georgia gained seats. I guess people left red states to move there?

Drive through LA and see if you think anyone's left. Drive through Jackson, MS...you can use cruise control and likely never hit the brakes. The State song of Mississippi is TAPS.

When I moved out of California it wasn't for any of those reasons. It was because I had like an $18,000 raise.

Gee, Oregon and Georgia gained seats. I guess people left red states to move there?

Drive through LA and see if you think anyone's left. Drive through Jackson, MS...you can use cruise control and likely never hit the brakes. The State song of Mississippi is TAPS.
Oregon is on the downward side, they only had 5 states lose more people than Oregon, between 2021-2022, most people are headed to states with fewer taxes.

Oregon is pretty much a red-state outside of the Portland metro area & along the coastal areas. There are little tiny patches of blue here & there outside of that general area...but if you were to go by how most of the counties vote...it is a red state..that's why Eastern Oregon is very likely to annex from the state & join Idaho. Georgia is similar...sea of red surrounding blue urban areas. Go look up presidential election maps of both states & you will see what I'm talking about.

Fortunately I was able to visit San Francisco in the early 1980s before it became totally batshit crazy.

Too bad the Liberals have destroyed the city. It is one of the most beautiful cities in the world.

Of course the Liberals have turned all the great American cities into shitholes.

Just like California use to be the Golden State when Conservatives ran it. Then all the Illegals flooded in and changed the voting demographics and now the whole state is a shithole. A thousand middle class people are leaving the state every day. It leads the nation in poverty, worst schools, crime, most homelesness, highest taxes and most debt.

You leaving CA for a raise is one data point. Do you have any source that points to multiple data points to constitute a trend? As I said earlier, Eastern Oregon wants to be annexed by Idaho. Georgia is getting an influx of people from Northeast Blue cities. Why is that?

You leaving CA for a raise is one data point. Do you have any source that points to multiple data points to constitute a trend? As I said earlier, Eastern Oregon wants to be annexed by Idaho. Georgia is getting an influx of people from Northeast Blue cities. Why is that?
Did you post data from a credible source?

22b6644aca69a40cef2156a34dd47d41.jpg

It all started when they began to elect home O, queers and tranny into office in the late 70s’ they all thought it trendy and cute. They renamed Army st. To Cesaer Chaves blvd and it was on.
now its 100% fags trans anarchist in GOVT and you see the results.

they still get tourism (amazingly) and they somewhat cluster in safe cleaned up zones. But now I think many come to see the street people and the damages done. Like a human zoo.
They used to say it was Castro street. What do you do if you drop your wallet on Castro St.? Kick it all the way to Market St.

Oh boy, I can sit in traffic in Bangladesh too, doesn’t mean it’s a good place to live, dumbass.

John Chachas, owner of Gump's, which sells luxury home decor and fine jewelry, among other things, said that as the company prepares for the holiday season, "we fear this may be our last because of the profound erosion of this city's current conditions."

Gump's has been in business for about 160 years, survived earthquakes, two World Wars, and a few other wars. They have had enough.

Chachas made his remarks in an open letter to California Governor Gavin Newsom, San Francisco Mayor London Breed, and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in which he criticized their leadership, published as a paid-for ad in Sunday's edition of The San Francisco Chronicle.

A luxury department store in San Francisco threatens to shut up shop after 162 years, describing the city as 'unlivable' for its residents and 'unsafe' for its staff

John Chachas, owner of Gump's, which sells luxury home decor and fine jewelry, among other things, said that as the company prepares for the holiday season, "we fear this may be our last because of the profound erosion of this city's current conditions."

Gump's has been in business for about 160 years, survived earthquakes, two World Wars, and a few other wars. They have had enough.

Chachas made his remarks in an open letter to California Governor Gavin Newsom, San Francisco Mayor London Breed, and the San Francisco Board of Supervisors in which he criticized their leadership, published as a paid-for ad in Sunday's edition of The San Francisco Chronicle.

A luxury department store in San Francisco threatens to shut up shop after 162 years, describing the city as 'unlivable' for its residents and 'unsafe' for its staff

That genuinely sucks, and it's a resounding testament to the failure (or evil success?) of "woke" society destroying policies.

But also, "Gump"?

We already did this. Gump's closed in 2016. Bankrupt. The name and store were bought by some Colombians. They reopened the store in 2019. This isn't a 160 old store.

We already did this. Gump's closed in 2016. Bankrupt. The name and store were bought by some Colombians. They reopened the store in 2019. This isn't a 160 old store.

You know you have the most eminently insultable name on here right?

Just one letter, and it all falls apart for ya fella.

Yeah, I went there.

And 2nd Grade's comin' with me.

You know you have the most eminently insultable name on here right?

Just one letter, and it all falls apart for ya fella.

Yeah, I went there.

And 2nd Grade's comin' with me.
That's because you're too stupid to realize what that name really says.

It's OK though, I don't expect you to.

Go ahead, engage in your silly games. You can't really insult me. You don't know how.

Forum List

Back