Lubdan: The Lake of Fines

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
This is a fortune-parable inspired by the film Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps.

Signing off,

====

A group of idealistic multicultural Notre Dame college students in the USA were studying the metaphysics of Utopian theories regarding governance. These students fell in love with the works of Edward Abbey, Frantz Fanon, and Henry David Thoreau. They started thinking a great deal about the mental processes that give rise to a certain perception of the yearning to be free and defy the confines of governments. For the modern age of commerce-congestion (i.e., Wall Street), such yearnings were very understandable. The students decided one summer to dress up as religious idealists and travel to the troubled land of Ireland.

costume.jpg

Ireland was not really 'troubled,' but since its partition following the establishment of Ireland and its separation from Great Britain, the northern 'tip' of the land was partitioned and kept within the British Empire as Northern Ireland. The capital of this sectioned-off land, Belfast, was on the other hand, very very troubled, and skirmishes often broke out between Irish Catholics and British Protestants living there. Many patriots of Ireland (living in Dublin) were irate about 'losing' the northern 'tip' of their land (and their Catholic brethren in Belfast). The Notre Dame students decided to don as their 'prayer-avatars' two fictional A.I. robots (from pop-culture), Rodimus and Cyclonus who symbolized governance turbulence.

robos.jpg

When the Notre Dame 'pack' arrived in Ireland, they began learning about the culture and the peoples from the people themselves. The students took notes and made drawings about what they saw. Mostly, they became haunted by the sheer green magic of Ireland, its flowing land, and its miraculous rainbows. It rained quite a bit in Ireland, and the Notre Dame students spotted multiple impressive rainbows and obviously took pictures (for Facebook!). The rainbows reminded the students of the natural human instinct to embrace nature and the beauty of Earth's 'everyday physics.' One day, one of the students thought he spotted a real leprechaun! The approached the impish creature and began talking with him. It was very...memorable. The leprechaun was caught off-guard and introduced himself as Lubdan the Leprechaun.

rainbow.jpg

STUDENT: Are you real, Lubdan?
LUBDAN: Do I look fake?
STUDENT: No! We only meant your existence seems...incredible.
LUBDAN: Well, I'm a leprechaun, and leprechauns are not...normal.
STUDENT: Why are you wandering around this rainbow we sighted?
LUBDAN: I hide gold at the end of rainbows, which I'm sure you know.
STUDENT: We've learned about leprechaun-lore; we're from Notre Dame.
LUBDAN: Oh, that's a very popular Irish-Catholic university!
STUDENT: Indeed; we wanted to ask you questions, Lubdan...
LUBDAN: Shoot.
STUDENT: Is there a secret to the imagination of fortune and liberty?
LUBDAN: Sure; you have to simply believe in your superstitions...
STUDENT: Well, we're all superstitious about Wall Street.
LUBDAN: That's why you've adopted robots as prayer-avatars, no?
STUDENT: How did you know (Rodimus and Cyclonus)?
LUBDAN: I can sense the thoughts of idealistic people (especially travellers).
STUDENT: Cool, so do you have any gifts for us?
LUBDAN: Yes! Beyond the rainbow (in your imagination) lies a golden lake!
STUDENT: Does this 'gold lake' symbolize avarice?
LUBDAN: No! Return to Notre Dame and tell them the lake symbolizes charity.

====

:dance:

Forum List

Back