Lubdan-Stryker: An Earth Deed Tale

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
I like new age Earth-oriented storytelling (e.g., Bio-Dome, Defenders of the Earth, etc.).

====

Everytime there was a giant rainbow in the lush green hills of Northern California (USA), Stryker was there to investigate the possible roaming of the evil leprechaun Lubdan who hid magical pots of gold but would kill anyone who failed at his gambling-challenge to obtain the right to keep the gold. Stryker knew if he didn't stop Lubdan, the impish Irish mischief-artist would haunt and plague multiple Americans in terrible risk-games. Also, Stryker was a mystic and believed in rainbow-power, even though (technically) he was a martialism-minded super-soldier working for the Navy Seals and the CIA.

Stryker was on leave from the CIA in the summer of 2017 and was convinced Lubdan would be in Northern California making troubled in the midst of new global-warming warnings. In New Jersey (for example), the low in May was 40 (usually a temperature not seen until November!) and the high may reach 70 in November (usually a temperature not seen until May!). Stryker believed Lubdan would hide even more tempting pots of gold at the end of rainbows in Northern California and lure in people jaded by Earth's manmade deteriorations! Stryker started scouring around for Lubdan's tracks.

Finally, Stryker found Lubdan.

STRYKER: What do you want, Lubdan?
LUBDAN: Man destroys the Earth, so I terrorize man...with gold!
STRYKER: Your gold is poison, and you know no one can resist it.
LUBDAN: Do human children appreciate Defenders of the Earth?
STRYKER: Kids like cartoons and superheroes, but they should not be tested...
LUBDAN: Why not? It would be education to be compelled to submit to the Toxic Avenger!
STRYKER: Don't be so angry with kids; they didn't pollute the Earth (their parents did!).
LUBDAN: Man's vanity on Earth will bring forth a great red dragon of self-destruction.
STRYKER: What about Polaroid instant cameras?
LUBDAN: What about them?
STRYKER: Polaroids were the predecessor to Facebook and symbolize 'sacred time.'
LUBDAN: You're saying 'quick-time photography' redeems man for eco-pollution?
STRYKER: At least they reveal that humanity is interested in cause-and-effect!
LUBDAN: Alright, I won't terrorize Californians with my wicked pot-o'-gold, Stryker.
STRYKER: Thanks so much.

====

LUBDAN and STRYKER:

duo2.jpg

Forum List

Back