Lowes pulls TV ad on Muslim show

Lowe's pulls advertising from TLC's 'All-American Muslim' - CNN.com

Lowes pulled an ad they had placed on All-American Muslim essentially claiming that the show was to controversial. Now they are getting a lot of flack claiming that they are upholding an anti Muslim bigoted attitude. As I understand it, the show is based around AMERICAN Muslims and the struggles they are facing in a post 9/11 America. While I have no issues with how Lowes decides to advertise, this does seem like a bone headed move particularly considering that I would have never even known about the show in the first place until Lowes created this controversy. Many people are now calling Lowes Bigoted for this move.

Your thoughts?

I'm certain the entire hypocritical land of left wing lunatics will label Lowe's bigoted and are even threatening a boycott. This is a free country. Lowe's should be able to spend their advertising dollars when and where they want to without being accused of bigotry. I'll continue to make it my store of choice when I need home improvement.

Lowes pulled an ad they had placed on All-American Muslim essentially claiming that the show was to controversial. Now they are getting a lot of flack claiming that they are upholding an anti Muslim bigoted attitude. As I understand it, the show is based around AMERICAN Muslims and the struggles they are facing in a post 9/11 America. While I have no issues with how Lowes decides to advertise, this does seem like a bone headed move particularly considering that I would have never even known about the show in the first place until Lowes created this controversy. Many people are now calling Lowes Bigoted for this move.

Your thoughts?

I'm certain the entire hypocritical land of left wing lunatics will label Lowe's bigoted and are even threatening a boycott. This is a free country. Lowe's should be able to spend their advertising dollars when and where they want to without being accused of bigotry. I'll continue to make it my store of choice when I need home improvement.

C'mon, how many of the progressives that are outraged over this do you think can even swing a hammer? Or have the ambition too?

Your thoughts?

C'mon, how many of the progressives that are outraged over this do you think can even swing a hammer? Or have the ambition too?

good point. :lol:

Your thoughts?

Very comical to watch.

Interesting to see how many conservatives think Lowes only carries hammers...

(BTW, this progressive helped build the house I live in and the house my parents live in...but don't let that keep you from making idiotic comments like the one above for Willow to froth over :lol:)

good point. :lol:
However, I have already heard one radio ditto head (Pete Dominick) call for a boycot so they are already on that train....

(BTW, this progressive helped build the house I live in and the house my parents live in...but don't let that keep you from making idiotic comments like the one above for Willow to froth over :lol:)

Hey, I've met the odd progressive who doesn't swing a hammer like the obama throws a baseball, just not too many.

With almost 30 years in the business, there is much truth to his statement. Every stereotype has exceptions.

Your thoughts?

If they pulled it because they didn't like the subject matter of the show, that's kind of wrong. I mean, this is the network that gave us the Jon and Kate and the shows about the midgets, which is a lot more obnoxious than a show about Muslims.

If they pulled the ads because no one was watching the show, then it's a sensible business decision.

As far as I can tell, ratings had nothing to do with it. It was centered solely on the fact that the subject matter was Muslims and they were getting a lot of feedback with strong opinions on the subject matter. Go figure.

As I said, it was a dumb move on their part as no one would have ever found out about the ads other than those that watch the show. They obviously do not care about the controversy. Now many people are pissed. Not sure if I care at all myself but I did want to see some opinions/discussions of the people here. Many are calling it a racist move but I don't think that a company of that scope makes decisions on this scale with a racist intent. They have far too much money on the line. It seems they did not think it through though.

What part of this are you having trouble understanding?

"Lowe's has received a significant amount of communication on this program, from every perspective possible. Individuals and groups have strong political and societal views on this topic, and this program became a lightning rod for many of those views. As a result we did pull our advertising on this program," the company said in a statement Saturday.

If they pulled it because they didn't like the subject matter of the show, that's kind of wrong. I mean, this is the network that gave us the Jon and Kate and the shows about the midgets, which is a lot more obnoxious than a show about Muslims.

If they pulled the ads because no one was watching the show, then it's a sensible business decision.

As far as I can tell, ratings had nothing to do with it. It was centered solely on the fact that the subject matter was Muslims and they were getting a lot of feedback with strong opinions on the subject matter. Go figure.

As I said, it was a dumb move on their part as no one would have ever found out about the ads other than those that watch the show. They obviously do not care about the controversy. Now many people are pissed. Not sure if I care at all myself but I did want to see some opinions/discussions of the people here. Many are calling it a racist move but I don't think that a company of that scope makes decisions on this scale with a racist intent. They have far too much money on the line. It seems they did not think it through though.

What part of this are you having trouble understanding?

"Lowe's has received a significant amount of communication on this program, from every perspective possible. Individuals and groups have strong political and societal views on this topic, and this program became a lightning rod for many of those views. As a result we did pull our advertising on this program," the company said in a statement Saturday.

? None.
Where have I stated anything that would lead you to believe I do not understand their statement?

The show is just propiganda . They want to show us how Muslims are misunderstood victims.

Next time i need to shop for some tools, fuck home depot, i'm going to lowes .

IMO, Lowes is way better anyways, I appreciate their position but they have what I need all the time unlike Home Depot...

Sometimes they both suck...lol.

I needed a spotlight fixture for my Christmas lights (just the holder on a spike). Lowes was out. Home Depot was out. Sears was out. Target was out. K-Mart was out. The little mom & pop True Value a block from my house that I never shop at had about a hundred in stock. Sure, they were $3.00 more than the others would have been... but they HAD them.

I don't have a Lowe's near me but Home Depot does suck. I went in to buy some half inch by six lag bolts and they had none, I mean none at all.

Those lags are one of the staples of construction and are required by code and there were none.

I went in yesterday and they were out of 15 amp circuit breakers.

I am hoping a Lowe's will be built nearby.

Forum List

Back