Lowes pulls TV ad on Muslim show

Lowe's pulls advertising from TLC's 'All-American Muslim' - CNN.com

Lowes pulled an ad they had placed on All-American Muslim essentially claiming that the show was to controversial. Now they are getting a lot of flack claiming that they are upholding an anti Muslim bigoted attitude. As I understand it, the show is based around AMERICAN Muslims and the struggles they are facing in a post 9/11 America. While I have no issues with how Lowes decides to advertise, this does seem like a bone headed move particularly considering that I would have never even known about the show in the first place until Lowes created this controversy. Many people are now calling Lowes Bigoted for this move.

Your thoughts?

They are free to do this. And they shouldn't complain or ask for federal aid when they experience a backlash.

Not that they will, but why should federal aid be linked to whether a company is "politically correct" or not.

There's only one good reason why a company should get a bailout, and that's if the consequences of its sudden collapse would be more economically disasterous than just letting the market take its course, and if it has a reasonable change of viability after the bailout in order to pay the money back.

Lowes pulled an ad they had placed on All-American Muslim essentially claiming that the show was to controversial. Now they are getting a lot of flack claiming that they are upholding an anti Muslim bigoted attitude. As I understand it, the show is based around AMERICAN Muslims and the struggles they are facing in a post 9/11 America. While I have no issues with how Lowes decides to advertise, this does seem like a bone headed move particularly considering that I would have never even known about the show in the first place until Lowes created this controversy. Many people are now calling Lowes Bigoted for this move.

Your thoughts?

They are free to do this. And they shouldn't complain or ask for federal aid when they experience a backlash.

Federal backlash???

What the fuck does that mean Stalin??

Do you expect Obama to sue Lowes??? hahahaha

You're one dumb motherfucker...

Thanks for showing how authoritarian progressives are...

Your thoughts?

Federal backlash???

What the fuck does that mean Stalin??

Do you expect Obama to sue Lowes??? hahahaha

You're one dumb motherfucker...

Thanks for showing how authoritarian progressives are...

He did not say 'federal backlash'. He said 'federal aid when they experience a backlash'.

I assume, but asked for elaboration, that he meant they should not come to the government for a bailout if this leads to a loss of business.

These same people didn't seem to have a problem when there was a campaign going on to pull ads from the Glen Beck show.

Go to Lowes and shop folks. It's still a free country and I don't care what their reason are for pulling their ads. It's no ones business.

I completely agree with both points. However, I personally would not have pulled the ad's unless the ratings were lower than I wanted them to be for a time slot my commercial would air.

Why??

I would have pulled the ads just because the show was horse shit and a mockery of our freedom, hence no one wanted to watch it..

Quite frankly I would have never advertised with the program to begin with...

The whole concept was an oxymoron from the start..

Have you watched the show? Or are you making that judgement simply because the show has Muslims in it?

It looks like Lowes is the only company to bow to pressure from the Florida Family Whackjobs. Stupid, bigoted move on their part.

In fact, the American Muslim reports that numerous other companies including Gap, Green mountain Coffee, Home Depot, Art Instruction Schools, Amway, and Cumberland Packing say they’re being misrepresented by FFA as companies that agreed to pull ads. Indeed, ad space for the next episode of All-American Muslim is sold out.

There’s good reason for companies to quickly distance themselves from FFA’s claims, namely because the central argument FFA is making is embarrassingly absurd. As The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart noted last night, FFA says it hates the show because it advances Islamic fundamentalism by failing to portray Muslims as terrorists. Stewart took issue with FFA’s claim that the show “paints an issue that’s harmful, education-wise, to the belief structure” of Americans, wondering “is that not the purpose of education vis-a-vis belief structures, to replace your belief structures with facts?”:

Most Companies Not Caving To Intolerance, Will Continue To Advertise On ‘All-American Muslim’

Thanks to Lowe's intolerant actions, I'll be tuning in to the next episode. Morons.

Anyone else find it ridiculous that progressives have a massive problem with conservative Christians but have the up-most respect for Sharia Muslims??

Sharia is only the opposite of liberalism...

There's an "All American Muslim" show? I didn't know that.

I'm German - how about an "All American Kraut" series for us?

I dunno, the public might sauer on a show like that. But then again, what's the wurst that could happen?

It looks like Lowes is the only company to bow to pressure from the Florida Family Whackjobs. Stupid, bigoted move on their part.

In fact, the American Muslim reports that numerous other companies including Gap, Green mountain Coffee, Home Depot, Art Instruction Schools, Amway, and Cumberland Packing say they’re being misrepresented by FFA as companies that agreed to pull ads. Indeed, ad space for the next episode of All-American Muslim is sold out.

There’s good reason for companies to quickly distance themselves from FFA’s claims, namely because the central argument FFA is making is embarrassingly absurd. As The Daily Show’s Jon Stewart noted last night, FFA says it hates the show because it advances Islamic fundamentalism by failing to portray Muslims as terrorists. Stewart took issue with FFA’s claim that the show “paints an issue that’s harmful, education-wise, to the belief structure” of Americans, wondering “is that not the purpose of education vis-a-vis belief structures, to replace your belief structures with facts?”:

Most Companies Not Caving To Intolerance, Will Continue To Advertise On ‘All-American Muslim’

Thanks to Lowe's intolerant actions, I'll be tuning in to the next episode. Morons.

oh brother. have at it.

From the shows TLC page...
All-American Muslim: TLC
All-American Muslim takes a look at life in Dearborn, Michigan--home to the largest mosque in the United States--through the lens of five Muslim American families.

Each episode offers an intimate look at the customs and celebrations, misconceptions and conflicts these families face outside and within their own community.
Not really sure why this is objectionable to some.

Suppose it read this way...
All-American Jew takes a look at life in New York, New York--home to the largest synagogue in the United States--through the lens of five Jewish American families.

Each episode offers an intimate look at the customs and celebrations, misconceptions and conflicts these families face outside and within their own community.

Maybe people just aren't INTERESTED in the All American Muslim.

or the All American Amish, Jewish, etc etc.

my goodness.

I liked Sarah Palin but didn't watch one episode of her reality show.

this is stupid

I completely agree with both points. However, I personally would not have pulled the ad's unless the ratings were lower than I wanted them to be for a time slot my commercial would air.

Why??

I would have pulled the ads just because the show was horse shit and a mockery of our freedom, hence no one wanted to watch it..

Quite frankly I would have never advertised with the program to begin with...

The whole concept was an oxymoron from the start..

Have you watched the show? Or are you making that judgement simply because the show has Muslims in it?

Yeah I have seen parts of the show...

You can't treat young woman and woman like that... I find that totally offensive...

I'm a classical liberal and I don't appreciate that oppressive bullshit. However I suppose if one is willing to submit to that nonsense then that is on them.

We will see how entertaining it is when dad or the boyfriend beheads one of those females..

Funny how Islam can do what they do and progressives defend them but progressives get bent when Christians oppose gay marriage - which Islam opposes too.

Bandwagon assholes...

Maybe people just aren't INTERESTED in the All American Muslim.

or the All American Amish, Jewish, etc etc.

my goodness.

I liked Sarah Palin but didn't watch one episode of her reality show.

this is stupid

The Amish are funny people, I've had a few encounters with them....

The show is just propiganda . They want to show us how Muslims are misunderstood victims.

Next time i need to shop for some tools, fuck home depot, i'm going to lowes .

Anyone else find it ridiculous that progressives have a massive problem with conservative Christians but have the up-most respect for Sharia Muslims??

Sharia is only the opposite of liberalism...

Up-most? What's an up-most? Did you mean utmost?

IDK, I've really never encountered the word...

Thanks....

Up-most seems more logical and grammatically correct tho...

Last edited:
The show is just propiganda . They want to show us how Muslims are misunderstood victims.

IMO, Lowes is way better anyways, I appreciate their position but they have what I need all the time unlike Home Depot...

IMO, Lowes is way better anyways, I appreciate their position but they have what I need all the time unlike Home Depot...

Sometimes they both suck...lol.

I needed a spotlight fixture for my Christmas lights (just the holder on a spike). Lowes was out. Home Depot was out. Sears was out. Target was out. K-Mart was out. The little mom & pop True Value a block from my house that I never shop at had about a hundred in stock. Sure, they were $3.00 more than the others would have been... but they HAD them.

Forum List

Back