Low Income Workers Seeing Best Wage Hikes in a Decade

you cant get a booming economy overnight, my friends!
Reagan got a million jobs gained in one month shortly after taking over for that idiot Carter.

It was almost 3 years after taking over from Carter and it was an outlier, to put it mildly. The previous month he lost 318,000 due in part to the ATT strike, which ended the month he adding 1 million...it was all those folks coming back to work.

You hate them more for your bottom line instead of raising prices and passing along costs to Consumers, like usual.

Consumers will not pay an extra 10 bucks for a burger so that your artificial minimum wage can be maintained.

The market works when people leave it alone.

The one you just made. In your previous post. About what we were talking about.

ie that this rise in wages is normal.

I made more than one, that is why I asked.

You need proof that wages go up in a tight labor market?

Really?

THis issue is wage stagnation, that has persisted though good times and bad, ie though multiple economic cycles.

This time, with Trump's attempts at better trade and immigration policies we are seeing better results on wages, especially lower end wages, than we have seen for quite some time.

This expansion is very old. YOu claim that it is normal AT THE END of an expansion to see lower end wages rise at that point.

That is the point you made. Now, can you support it?

I did not say at the end, I said "from an extended economic expansion".

It is basic common economic sense. Low wage workers are the most plentiful and the easiest to replace. Their wages are not going to to up until there is a shortage of even these workers.

Why Wages Are Finally Rising, 10 Years After the Recession

But minimum wages are only part of the story. Ernie Tedeschi, an economist at Evercore ISI, estimates that the minimum-wage increases account for a quarter to a third of low-wage workers’ gains over the past three years. The rest is most likely a result of a tightening labor market that is forcing employers to raise pay even for workers at the bottom of the earnings ladder.

Ms. Gimbel noted that better-paying industries had experienced faster job growth in recent months, while the fastest wage growth had been in lower-paying industries. That could indicate that sectors like health care and manufacturing are snapping up workers, forcing retailers and restaurants to raise pay to compete

Now show that has been occurring in other recent long running economic expansions.

We have not had many recent long running economic expansions, and none this long.

But according to the article in the OP this is the best gain since July of 2008, which was after the end of the last long running economic expansion and before unemployment started to skyrocket.

So, there is your example.

1. We have had several long running economic booms.

2. 2008 seems like an oddity. It was well after the sub prime crash. But accepted.

3. If you now agree that reducing supply increases wages, are you now open to deporting illegals and/or limiting immigration to raise wages?

Reagan got a million jobs gained in one month shortly after taking over for that idiot Carter.

It was almost 3 years after taking over from Carter and it was an outlier, to put it mildly. The previous month he lost 318,000 due in part to the ATT strike, which ended the month he adding 1 million...it was all those folks coming back to work.
So he only gained 682,000 jobs in one month.

Over 3X what Obama ever saw and he had a much larger population.

1. We have had several long running economic booms.

2. 2008 seems like an oddity. It was well after the sub prime crash. But accepted.

3. If you now agree that reducing supply increases wages, are you now open to deporting illegals and/or limiting immigration to raise wages?

1. Not really. Since 1970 only one other than this one has lasted more than 7 years. What we are experiencing is an anomaly.

2. You asked ,I gave.

3. I have never been against either.

Obama was a shitty president, why is he your measuring stick for everyone else? Fuck, Carter was better than Obama.

Obama was a shitty president, why is he your measuring stick for everyone else? Fuck, Carter was better than Obama.
Obama is the poster child of the Democratic Party.

Err, what the hell does that even mean in this context?
Obama gets the credit, that's what it means, brah!

T has slashed investment in science and research. that's devastating to the economy long term, my friend.

5lytn.jpg
if Obama's economy was so worse than Trump's, how come O won re-election? i know Trump wont win a 2nd term, my friends!

The Kenyan won both elections because black voters are racist and voted on skin color. You already knew this though.

The Left can BS voters about a lot of things, but no politician can fool voters about their personal economic situation and that of their neighbors and friends.

Low-earning Americans are seeing the biggest wage gains in a decade.
Perfect time to raise the minimum wage
When it will have the least impact

Could. Or we could double down on the policies that are causing wages to rise naturally, ie better jobs and fewer imported workers.
Nah, we must be able to give the Govt credit. ......Dimwinger's Messiah.

You hate them more for your bottom line instead of raising prices and passing along costs to Consumers, like usual.

Consumers will not pay an extra 10 bucks for a burger so that your artificial minimum wage can be maintained.

The market works when people leave it alone.
It won't be an extra Ten dollars; even the dollar menu won't double.

Importing another 25 million illegals willing to work for $5/day while cheating the welfare system will drive up wages.
Raise the minimum wage to fifteen an hour.

You really don't want those lacking job skills to ever get a job...do you, Daniel?
lol. Not if they have to be subsidized in our First World economy so the Richest can rely on Cheap labor.

Unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States!

Forum List

Back