Low Income Workers Seeing Best Wage Hikes in a Decade

Many numbers are very good, indeed.

When you aggressively cut taxes, aggressively increase spending, and have the Fed greasing markets with hundreds of billions of dollars, you're absolutely going to stimulate economic activity.

The problem is, there is a long term downside to doing all of that. The candy store can only stay open for so long. Talk Radio doesn't address that, of course, so Trumpsters don't know about it.

But the Trumpsters have been right all along: Trump is no conservative. He's operating to the Left fiscally of freaking KEYNES, of all people. That sure ain't conservative.

Please restate your comment regarding the "extra $10 for a burger". Thanks.

Here it is.

"Consumers will not pay an extra 10 bucks for a burger so that your artificial minimum wage can be maintained.

The market works when people leave it alone."

You just posted it, I do not need to restate it.

Do you agree or disagree that people will not pay an extra 10 bucks for a burger?

They will not be asked to. That is the point of contention here. You've inferred that the result of a minimum wage hike would be a drastic increase in the price of a hamburger. That's not proven by the facts and evidence.

Which is because these places are not willing to raise prices and pass along costs to Consumers, which is the point I was responding to. Instead of doing that they cut jobs and hours for those still working.

You question my reading comprehension skills when you should evaluate your own communication skills. You were not clear in making your point. Try harder.

I cannot help it if you lack the ability to follow the flow of a thread and see what post is being replied to.

Again, they have classes that you can take to help with this.

I read the post you replied to. It doesn't make your weird statement and more clear. Try harder.

You just posted it, I do not need to restate it.

Do you agree or disagree that people will not pay an extra 10 bucks for a burger?

They will not be asked to. That is the point of contention here. You've inferred that the result of a minimum wage hike would be a drastic increase in the price of a hamburger. That's not proven by the facts and evidence.

Which is because these places are not willing to raise prices and pass along costs to Consumers, which is the point I was responding to. Instead of doing that they cut jobs and hours for those still working.

You question my reading comprehension skills when you should evaluate your own communication skills. You were not clear in making your point. Try harder.

I cannot help it if you lack the ability to follow the flow of a thread and see what post is being replied to.

I read the post you replied to. It doesn't make your weird statement and more clear. Try harder.

Your lack of ability is not my responsibility. I am not going to dumb down my post so that you can understand them.

Your lack of ability is not my responsibility. I am not going to dumb down my post so that you can understand them.

Yes. The hallmark of a both sides whiner. Never, ever admit that you've made an error. It is always someone else's fault.

Yes. The hallmark of a both sides whiner. Never, ever admit that you've made an error. It is always someone else's fault.

Not sure what you mean by "both sides" but I have no problem admitting when I made an error. Just the other day I made an error in a calculation and when it was pointed out I thanked for the person for finding my error and admitted my mistake.

But I am not going to admit to being wrong just to help you feel better about your own shortcomings.

Anyone else notice how good news for working folks really pisses off board Dimwingers?

Importing another 25 million illegals willing to work for $5/day while cheating the welfare system will drive up wages.
Raise the minimum wage to fifteen an hour.

You really don't want those lacking job skills to ever get a job...do you, Daniel?
lol. Not if they have to be subsidized in our First World economy so the Richest can rely on Cheap labor.

Unemployment compensation on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States!

So how does this work? You have half the population collecting unemployment while their jobs are all replaced with robots and somehow the other half pays for all of this? You don't have a clue about the real world...do you, Daniel? People need entry level jobs so they can learn job skills. When you raise minimum wage to ridiculous amounts like $15 an hour you decrease the number of entry level jobs. The people that are hurt most are the young and the poor.

And for what? So you can feel good about yourself? You're a bit of a douche only you don't know it!
How many minimum wage jobs are there? It won't be half of the population. Minimum wage jobs are not the solution to the problem of unfilled skilled labor jobs. Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed means more people will be able to learn new skills to fill jobs which require them.

Equal protection of the law is, for what.

Importing another 25 million illegals willing to work for $5/day while cheating the welfare system will drive up wages.

You really don't want those lacking job skills to ever get a job...do you, Daniel?
lol. Not if they have to be subsidized in our First World economy so the Richest can rely on Cheap labor.

So how does this work? You have half the population collecting unemployment while their jobs are all replaced with robots and somehow the other half pays for all of this? You don't have a clue about the real world...do you, Daniel? People need entry level jobs so they can learn job skills. When you raise minimum wage to ridiculous amounts like $15 an hour you decrease the number of entry level jobs. The people that are hurt most are the young and the poor.

And for what? So you can feel good about yourself? You're a bit of a douche only you don't know it!
daniel has stated that if you dont want to work,you dont have to, and you should still get paid unemployment...just because....

How many minimum wage jobs are there? It won't be half of the population. Minimum wage jobs are not the solution to the problem of unfilled skilled labor jobs. Unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed means more people will be able to learn new skills to fill jobs which require them.

Equal protection of the law is, for what.

How does being unemployed suddenly make you have "new skills"?

When you aggressively cut taxes, aggressively increase spending, and have the Fed greasing markets with hundreds of billions of dollars, you're absolutely going to stimulate economic activity.

The problem is, there is a long term downside to doing all of that. The candy store can only stay open for so long. Talk Radio doesn't address that, of course, so Trumpsters don't know about it.

But the Trumpsters have been right all along: Trump is no conservative. He's operating to the Left fiscally of freaking KEYNES, of all people. That sure ain't conservative.

THank you for admitting that many of the numbers are good.

Your concern(s) about the how and the costs of that, sound reasonable.

It is too bad that the discussion is framed by those who are set on denying that anything good is occurring because of Trump's policies. We cannot have a real debate about cost/benefit, in such a climate.

Trump is certainly not governing as a conservative. He is a nationalist and a populist, but not very ideological at all.

SOCIALLY, he is giving conservatives some good judges. Which is important.

The Left can BS voters about a lot of things, but no politician can fool voters about their personal economic situation and that of their neighbors and friends.

Low-earning Americans are seeing the biggest wage gains in a decade.

Doesn't seem to be the case where I am. My wife and I just around the area we lived went past about at least 5 different people with signs they were holding up begging for food. We have a family member who only can find part-time work with no benefits who lives out of her car with her boyfriend and daughter. Homeless shelters are all full and won't accept them. Soup kitchens are packed with too many people.

The Left can BS voters about a lot of things, but no politician can fool voters about their personal economic situation and that of their neighbors and friends.

Doesn't seem to be the case where I am. My wife and I just around the area we lived went past about at least 5 different people with signs they were holding up begging for food. We have a family member who only can find part-time work with no benefits who lives out of her car with her boyfriend and daughter. Homeless shelters are all full and won't accept them. Soup kitchens are packed with too many people.

I live in a rust belt city, one without much history of booming for a long time now, and my personal observations and hearsay, support the story the numbers tell, ie great job market, and rising wages.

They are a family member you should take them in.

It is too bad that the discussion is framed by those who are set on denying that anything good is occurring because of Trump's policies. We cannot have a real debate about cost/benefit, in such a climate.

Trump is certainly not governing as a conservative. He is a nationalist and a populist, but not very ideological at all.

He is not giving them good judges, he is giving them right wing ideologies...sadly that is what people want these days

They are a family member you should take them in.

Depends on the family member. But yes, barring them being dangerously stupid.

My family tree is filled with relocations due to economic hardships. Where I live they can find cheap rooms to rent and many businesses are advertising jobs from blue to white collar like I’ve never seen before in my life. Churches have overflowing food banks to fill gaps. Job training is available just for the asking.

I have little sympathy for people who refuse to help themselves.

He is not giving them good judges, he is giving them right wing ideologies...sadly that is what people want these days

That is your opinion.

My point was that he is giving conservatives, conservative judges.

Forum List

Back