Love Story: Apocrypha

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Since vigilantism-daydream comics-adapted films are all the rage in Hollywood (USA) recently, I wanted to create a short 'apocrypha love story' with a vigilante-bent lens (so as to combine Christian-passion themes with vigilantism-flowery themes).

====

Ursa was the Harlot of Babylon and a real cruel queen of Denmark. She had seduced half the guardsmen of the court and was now involved in an extra-marital love affair with Steve Jobs, CEO of Apple Computers. Ursa had a crystal ball which she used to predict the deadly intentions of her rivals. She intended to use her ominous dominion to run her own agenda algorithm for the developing Gog-Magog kingdom conflict in Jerusalem, a conflict which could benefit her financially through a clever narcotics-smuggling political opportunity.

Erik was the valiant street cop of New York City who had heard about Ursa in gossip-talk about the international criminal underworld. Erik had just lost his wife to a drunk-driving accident and was intent on proving he could live out the rest of his life as a mourning widower. Erik suspected that Ursa was going to travel to Jerusalem to tackle this emerging narcotics operation intrigue, and he wanted to be there to see if he could make a difference. Erik joked to himself and called himself 'the Foreign Vigilante.'

Ursa had received news from her henchmen that the daring American street-cop Erik (a man costumed in a silver mask) was walking around Jerusalem as a vigilante and dismantling the narcotics operation Ursa had hoped to capitalize on, so Ursa ordered her henchmen to follow Erik. Meanwhile, Ursa wrote in her diary, "This cop-vigilante Erik interests me; I wonder if I can win the affections of a crusader!" Ursa made a deal with the Devil: "If I can win Erik's heart, I will turn to a life of ethics, but if I fail to win his heart, I will remain a scoundrel."

Erik was still walking around Jerusalem in his vigilante outfit, and his work with the narcotics ring had been successful, and he looked at a picture of his deceased wife in his locket and thought about spiritual optimism. Erik got on the subway train to head to his secret warehouse hideaway one Halloween when he noticed that a beautiful (but weeping) woman with a masquerade-mask made of large purple feathers got on his train. She looked very attractive, and she sat down next to Erik and asked him, "Will you comfort me?"

Ursa was the masked woman who sat down next to Erik, and she followed him to his warehouse hideaway where they made love that Halloween Eve. She never took her mask off, even though he kept asking her why she wanted to keep her identity a secret. As they parted ways, she ominously told him, "One day, I may return to you to see if you'll see me behind my mask." Two months later, Erik and Ursa came face-to-face when Ursa's henchmen brought him in to her fortress. "So, you're Erik the cop! Remember me?" Erik realized Ursa was the masked woman on the train and fainted.

Erik awoke back in the United States. Next to him was a letter (from Ursa) which explained how he fainted and was sedated by Ursa's henchmen and brought back to America where he would be safer. In the letter, Ursa described how she was indeed an evil harlot but that she wanted to see if the love between her and Erik would supersede any ethics considerations and civics complications but realized Erik was a committed cop. The letter also explained that because Ursa had fallen in love with Erik, she wanted to ensure his safe return to America; especially because the escalating narcotics war would see deadly Columbians land, making Erik's mission virtually impossible.

Ursa was in her fortress and missed the man she thought she could build a 'miracle bridge' of love with, and she realized that the Devil won the wager in some small part --- even though she loved Erik, Erik was better off as a mourning widower, safe-and-sound back in America. Ursa always wondered, however, if her little 'love test' would prove useful in the halls of 'Christian debate' and dialogue. Erik would always be her 'dark angel.'

====

duet.jpg

Forum List

Back