Louisiana police refuse to patrol football games after players kneel

Agreed on the premise. The issue is that LW "Fuck the Police" haters are just having a conniption over it.

Those games are on Friday nights, so I'm sure many off-duty police have other things to do. Despite the authoritarian asshats and nanny-staters like Frank, the fact remains we still live in a free country and off-duty police don't have to work voluntary details.

Police officers refusing Louisiana prep football detail after players kneel for national anthem
Normand said that plenty of officers will still work the extra duty detail, but he won’t force them to work a voluntary detail that they feel disrespects their job. He added that his deputies sometimes won’t volunteer to work during concerts or events if they don’t agree with the artist or message.
I see it as a "cut off your nose to spite your face" moment. They get to watch a free game and get paid at the same time....and they are turning it down. Fine. No problems here. Get someone who wants to see a free game AND get paid.
Yep! Course the the America haters won't be able to name call them to their faces either so it's a win win. If you were calling me names I would choose to not watch your game at any price and I would shove your money up yer ass!

Hate seems to be what describes you. You hate Americans who are using their first amendment rights.

You are an F'n commie (lol, using a right wing ad hominem is kinda fun)
Yes, well, asshole. Cops have first amendment rights too.

Your ignorance is inexcusable, even though your stupidity explains it. Police officers do not have liberty to express their opinions on the job, or off in some circumstances publicly if it brings negative attention to the agency/hiring authority.

They do not have Miranda Rights, silence is determined to be insubordination and a firing offense. Lying to a superior is also a firing offense, as is abuse of any kind under the color of authority - at least in the civilized regions of our nation.
That is not what their chief of police said asswipe! Are you pulling the rules out of your ass? Have you notified the Chief of Police?

Bullshit. A sworn officer is on duty at all times. Period, end of story. The job as peace officers is to keep the peace. They are not hourly workers, they are salaried and many agencies require their officers to carry their service weapon at all times. On shift or not.
Half true. Not bad for you! :D

Yes they are salaried workers, but that salary is based on a 14 day, 84 hour work period. Anything over that is overtime.

Why doesn't the Parish simply make the details mandatory and pay them overtime?

Salary Schedule | Jefferson Parish Sheriff, LA - Official Website
**Based on a 14 day, 84 hour work period

There is a great variety of shifts in LE & OT rules. Many agencies use Comp time in lieu of OT and management staff received in my agency an extra 40 hours each year in leave as compensation.

I see it as a "cut off your nose to spite your face" moment. They get to watch a free game and get paid at the same time....and they are turning it down. Fine. No problems here. Get someone who wants to see a free game AND get paid.
Yep! Course the the America haters won't be able to name call them to their faces either so it's a win win. If you were calling me names I would choose to not watch your game at any price and I would shove your money up yer ass!

Hate seems to be what describes you. You hate Americans who are using their first amendment rights.

Your ignorance is inexcusable, even though your stupidity explains it. Police officers do not have liberty to express their opinions on the job, or off in some circumstances publicly if it brings negative attention to the agency/hiring authority.

They do not have Miranda Rights, silence is determined to be insubordination and a firing offense. Lying to a superior is also a firing offense, as is abuse of any kind under the color of authority - at least in the civilized regions of our nation.
That is not what their chief of police said asswipe! Are you pulling the rules out of your ass? Have you notified the Chief of Police?

No poor little moron, I didn't even suggest that's what the Chief said (too bad your reading skills are below third grade level). You claimed police/LE personnel have First Amendment Rights, I responded to that inaccurate / ignorant claim.

No poor little moron, I didn't even suggest that's what the Chief said (too bad your reading skills are below third grade level). You claimed police/LE personnel have First Amendment Rights, I responded to that inaccurate / ignorant claim.
So you think their first amendment rights have been taken from them? Really?

Well, yet again, the cops are refusing to serve the public, shocking.
Translation: I didn't read the linked article, but since I'm a far Left Wing hater of police just let me say FUCK THE POLICE! FUCK THE POLICE!!!

Dude, those games are voluntary details as anyone who read the article knows.

Here, let me help you find your way:

“That is a voluntary detail, so I suspect I will have some officers refuse to work the Bonnabel High School games,” Normand continued. “The same way that the Bonnabel players have every right to kneel during the national anthem, my officers have every right not to volunteer to work the Bonnabel high school football game.”
Cops should care what a bunch of high school kids do, that isn't illegal? Hire cops with morals and a sense of civic duty not children easily offended who will only do something if paid and on the clock.
:boohoo:

Why bother to pay them for nothing then?
You are an idiot.

the cops are not doing "nothing" they are helping Nature to filter out libtards.
If they don't serve the public then WTH is their job?
You dipshit nitwits never tire of publicly exposing your stupidity.

The game isn't an assigned PD beat. The police volunteer to be there. One is free to volunteer or not to volunteer. Some felt disrespected and decided to do somthing else instead. And that's all there is to it. Feel free to take a knee if you don't like it.
An assignment or not the point is exactly the same, we don't need cops who base their decisions on emotions or what a few kids do that is perfectly legal. We don't need the doctor who says I'm just not interested in saving this guy from chocking to death, while off duty, because his t-shirt offends me.
Talk about emotional.

You are an idiot.

the cops are not doing "nothing" they are helping Nature to filter out libtards.

The game isn't an assigned PD beat. The police volunteer to be there. One is free to volunteer or not to volunteer. Some felt disrespected and decided to do somthing else instead. And that's all there is to it. Feel free to take a knee if you don't like it.
An assignment or not the point is exactly the same, we don't need cops who base their decisions on emotions or what a few kids do that is perfectly legal. We don't need the doctor who says I'm just not interested in saving this guy from chocking to death, while off duty, because his t-shirt offends me.
Talk about emotional.
Nah, I think I would go for "emotionally unstable".

And I have asked this question before. Why is security needed at a football game? The cops aren't the problem are they? Is it the fans or the players? Why do riots break out? Too many libtards go to football games? Shit! I don't blame the cops for refusing to volunteer.

Anytime you have large groups of people you should have security. Isis is everywhere ya know '!!!

Plus it's probably a liability thing.

You are an idiot.

Well congrats to me for hitting the dipshit nitwits nail squarely on its head, huh?

How professional of them !

How dare people think they can be shady and bias .
I hope that it is a liberal hiding in their home from invasive criminals and not getting cops to save them, EACH AND EVERY TIME IT HAPPENS.

Great . And when the cops get shot, maybe the er doctor doesn't feel like treating them. Wouldn't that be great!

Even the Dallas of would cover the game . Cause they have class .

Where are all these cops disrespecting doctors?

They are putting the majority in danger because of the action of a few. They are assholes and should not be cops.
If true, then they should all be fired immediately. Let street justice fix the problem.
The people in the stands are the ones being protected. Are they kneeling too?
Why do the people in the stands need protection?
Why do you ask stupid questions?

Forum List

Back