Louisiana police refuse to patrol football games after players kneel

A cop is always a cop, and these are just the typical mindless immoral unprofessional thugs.
Urine idiot.
"Scope

This policy applies to all officers of this agency engaged in official duties, whether within or outside of the territorial jurisdiction of this agency. Unless otherwise noted, this policy also applies to off duty conduct as well. Conduct not mentioned under a specific rule, but which violates a general principle is prohibited. This policy is organized into eight principles governing conduct unbecoming an officer. The rationale explaining the principle and a set of rules follow each principle."
Florida Department of Law Enforcement - LE Ethical Standards of Conduct

This kind of "if you are a cop then you are a cop at all times" is the norm. A cop who makes the police look bad is soon not a cop. It just goes with the job.
Look asswipe! The cops we are talking about are off duty cops! They have every right to not volunteer to guard a person who demonizes them. They have no such right if they are on duty. This does not make the police look bad. You just want to walk all over them and you are pissed because you cannot. The NFL can hire their own damn security or support the cops who VOLUNTEER to do so. It's their move.
Off duty or on duty the rules don't change, or change very little. That link has been posted. You can call it unfair if you like but just like the actions of the minister it doesn't count just on Sunday morning. He's on duty 24 x 7 x 365. It goes with the job. If they can't accept that, get another job.

From the article asswipe!

That is a voluntary detail, so I suspect I will have some officers refuse to work the Bonnabel High School games,” Normand continued. “The same way that the Bonnabel players have every right to kneel during the national anthem, my officers have every right not to volunteer to work the Bonnabel high school football game.”
I fail to see a problem here....if someone doesn't want to work the detail, get someone else. I'm sure there's someone who would like the extra money. I bet there's been a seniority system set up for volunteering anyways....just bump some people up the list and push some people down. Easy Peasy.

The City Manager ought to order the Chief of Police to give the officers a choice. Do their jobs, leave honorably, or be placed on Admin Leave and be fired for failure to do their duty.
You should read the OP link before posting. It's a voluntary detail. The officers are not required to work it. Now, if you think they should increase their police budget, pay the police overtime and force them to work it, that's another matter.
Pay is one issue. Them acting like professionals instead of kids called a fag on the playground is another.

A cop volunteers to be a cop on his own time. What is he, a private citizen or a cop? ....
Dude, you're just showing off your bias and ignorance. The detail is sanctioned by the police, but is voluntary. This means the police working the detail are paid, but not paid for overtime. It's primarily a budgetary matter. If it wasn't, why not make the detail mandatory?

I fail to see a problem here....if someone doesn't want to work the detail, get someone else. I'm sure there's someone who would like the extra money. I bet there's been a seniority system set up for volunteering anyways....just bump some people up the list and push some people down. Easy Peasy.
Agreed on the premise. The issue is that LW "Fuck the Police" haters are just having a conniption over it.

Those games are on Friday nights, so I'm sure many off-duty police have other things to do. Despite the authoritarian asshats and nanny-staters like Frank, the fact remains we still live in a free country and off-duty police don't have to work voluntary details.

Police officers refusing Louisiana prep football detail after players kneel for national anthem
Normand said that plenty of officers will still work the extra duty detail, but he won’t force them to work a voluntary detail that they feel disrespects their job. He added that his deputies sometimes won’t volunteer to work during concerts or events if they don’t agree with the artist or message.

Urine idiot.
"Scope

This policy applies to all officers of this agency engaged in official duties, whether within or outside of the territorial jurisdiction of this agency. Unless otherwise noted, this policy also applies to off duty conduct as well. Conduct not mentioned under a specific rule, but which violates a general principle is prohibited. This policy is organized into eight principles governing conduct unbecoming an officer. The rationale explaining the principle and a set of rules follow each principle."

This kind of "if you are a cop then you are a cop at all times" is the norm. A cop who makes the police look bad is soon not a cop. It just goes with the job.
Look asswipe! The cops we are talking about are off duty cops! They have every right to not volunteer to guard a person who demonizes them. They have no such right if they are on duty. This does not make the police look bad. You just want to walk all over them and you are pissed because you cannot. The NFL can hire their own damn security or support the cops who VOLUNTEER to do so. It's their move.
Off duty or on duty the rules don't change, or change very little. That link has been posted. You can call it unfair if you like but just like the actions of the minister it doesn't count just on Sunday morning. He's on duty 24 x 7 x 365. It goes with the job. If they can't accept that, get another job.

That is a voluntary detail, so I suspect I will have some officers refuse to work the Bonnabel High School games,” Normand continued. “The same way that the Bonnabel players have every right to kneel during the national anthem, my officers have every right not to volunteer to work the Bonnabel high school football game.”

Bullshit. A sworn officer is on duty at all times. Period, end of story. There job as peace officers is to keep the peace. They are not hourly workers, they are salaried and many agencies require their officers to carry their service weapon at all times. On shift or not.

s0n....idiots like you ALWAYS fail to recognize the necessary tradeoffs with all the America hating shit. The dynamic is changing as we speak.........and bozo's like you and the kneelers are going to cost many, many black Americans their lives moving forward. That's on you s0n.........take a bow.

Depolicing is getting more popular by the day.........and who can blame them? Most ( operative word in this passage ) don't.:eusa_dance::eusa_dance::funnyface:

hsrJvsL.jpg

That is a classic Vigilante.

Pay is one issue. Them acting like professionals instead of kids called a fag on the playground is another.
Kids called a fag? WTF? Are you losing it, Frank? Do you have sexual preference issues? Do you feel the police didn't protect you in a particular instance such as being bullied by homophobic idiots?

Agreed on the premise. The issue is that LW "Fuck the Police" haters are just having a conniption over it.

Those games are on Friday nights, so I'm sure many off-duty police have other things to do. Despite the authoritarian asshats and nanny-staters like Frank, the fact remains we still live in a free country and off-duty police don't have to work voluntary details.

Police officers refusing Louisiana prep football detail after players kneel for national anthem
Normand said that plenty of officers will still work the extra duty detail, but he won’t force them to work a voluntary detail that they feel disrespects their job. He added that his deputies sometimes won’t volunteer to work during concerts or events if they don’t agree with the artist or message.
I see it as a "cut off your nose to spite your face" moment. They get to watch a free game and get paid at the same time....and they are turning it down. Fine. No problems here. Get someone who wants to see a free game AND get paid.

In this case they did so as volunteers and they can spend their free time however they choose. I am more then sure if something went down at the game that they wouldn't just ignore the call or pretend to be busy elsewhere.

My friend from high school is now a police officer back in my hometown and I asked him about this story. He understood the anger, but said he would still volunteer his time if our team had done the same. When asked why, he said it is a great opportunity to build trusting relationships as well as a bonding experience with people of all ages of the community. I am sure his love of football played a small role too. lol

Last edited:

I see it as a "cut off your nose to spite your face" moment. They get to watch a free game and get paid at the same time....and they are turning it down. Fine. No problems here. Get someone who wants to see a free game AND get paid.
Yep! Course the the America haters won't be able to name call them to their faces either so it's a win win. If you were calling me names I would choose to not watch your game at any price and I would shove your money up yer ass!

Bullshit. A sworn officer is on duty at all times. Period, end of story. The job as peace officers is to keep the peace. They are not hourly workers, they are salaried and many agencies require their officers to carry their service weapon at all times. On shift or not.
Half true. Not bad for you! :D

Yes they are salaried workers, but that salary is based on a 14 day, 84 hour work period. Anything over that is overtime.

Why doesn't the Parish simply make the details mandatory and pay them overtime?

Salary Schedule | Jefferson Parish Sheriff, LA - Official Website
**Based on a 14 day, 84 hour work period

"Scope

Bullshit. A sworn officer is on duty at all times. Period, end of story. There job as peace officers is to keep the peace. They are not hourly workers, they are salaried and many agencies require their officers to carry their service weapon at all times. On shift or not.
Bullshit! Volunteer means volunteer! Write it down. Study it. By an extra lightbulb if necessary!

If they attend a game, their have a duty to keep the peace. If the City/County will not pay to patrol a game, they will surely respond if a riot breaks out, and if any officer on or off duty is ordered to respond, and do not, they can and should be fired.

[willow, you really don't know anything about everything, and that's sad]

Bullshit! Volunteer means volunteer! Write it down. Study it. By an extra lightbulb if necessary!

If they attend a game, their have a duty to keep the peace. If the City/County will not pay to patrol a game, they will surely respond if a riot breaks out, and if any officer on or off duty is ordered to respond, and do not, they can and should be fired.

[willow, you really don't know anything about everything, and that's sad]
I know what the chief of police said! I know that!

And I have asked this question before. Why is security needed at a football game? The cops aren't the problem are they? Is it the fans or the players? Why do riots break out? Too many libtards go to football games? Shit! I don't blame the cops for refusing to volunteer.

Yep! Course the the America haters won't be able to name call them to their faces either so it's a win win. If you were calling me names I would choose to not watch your game at any price and I would shove your money up yer ass!

Hate seems to be what describes you. You hate Americans who are using their first amendment rights.

You are an F'n commie (lol, using a right wing ad hominem is kinda fun)

Hate seems to be what describes you. You hate Americans who are using their first amendment rights.

Yes, well, asshole. Cops have first amendment rights too.

Wow. An agency which supports bigotry in their employees. I bet this agency doesn't spend a whole lot of money on background checks before issuing a badge and a gun.

Yes, well, asshole. Cops have first amendment rights too.

Your ignorance is inexcusable, even though your stupidity explains it. Police officers do not have liberty to express their opinions on the job, or off in some circumstances publicly if it brings negative attention to the agency/hiring authority.

They do not have Miranda Rights, silence is determined to be insubordination and a firing offense. Lying to a superior is also a firing offense, as is abuse of any kind under the color of authority - at least in the civilized regions of our nation.

Forum List

Back