Lost Colony of Roanoke

to understand history one must study more than dates...you need to integrate it with social movements and cultural awareness....you have several layers of history....social, cultural and economic

one always wants to demonize what they want to destroy or eradicate

did ya know scalping was introduced by the french
I do know that before you can kill someone you first have to hate them.

I learned this at boot camp with my bayonet in a field with straw men.

I still hate those straw men !!!

great place to toss out a body.....if the gators dont get ya...the snappers will

blog-merchants-friends-gator.jpg
These turtles have figured out that when you hang out with the bully on the block you have no fears.

Same as Canada.

:D

let me remind you..history was written by the white dude the winner...who need to rationalize and justify what they were doing....
Very true. But who says that stuff was false? Who do you believe? any mini miny mo?
History has ALWAYS been written by the "winner" Does that mean you don't believe any of our history?
People come up with excuses to believe what they want.

a lot of history can be judged with common sense....history is written by the winner but as they say the devil is in the details and much of what is said can be reconstructed ...or proven to be false....ie columbus being the first person to discover american....taught in school for how long after the truth was known....look at how the wars in the me was written about....pat tillman comes to mind

let me remind you..history was written by the white dude the winner...who need to rationalize and justify what they were doing....
Very true. But who says that stuff was false? Who do you believe? any mini miny mo?
History has ALWAYS been written by the "winner" Does that mean you don't believe any of our history?
People come up with excuses to believe what they want.
After I read J.M. Roberts' "History Of The World" I next tackled a whole slew of original authors:

- Herodotus

- Thucydides

- Xenophon

- Diodorus

- Pliny

Then I concluded on my own that the ancient Greeks were idiots for insisting on strict local democracy when had they rather followed either the Macedonian or the Roman model they could easily have become the first European superpower instead of Rome.

Forum List

Back