Zone1 Losing their religion: why US churches are on the decline

Thus proving man innately knows right from wrong and not proving that Judaism was borrowed from the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

The religion of Ancient Egypt was a polytheistic (many gods) religion with one short period of monotheism (one god). Their religion hosted about 700 different gods and goddesses. In addition, it was not uncommon for deities to be combined to form a new deity. the pharaohs.

You didn't read the link, did you? The Jews emerged as a landless tribe of Canaanites who had a whole pantheon of gods. Through the Old Testament the Hebrews have a hard time with idolatry and are accused of whoring after false gods.

You didn't read the link, did you? The Jews emerged as a landless tribe of Canaanites who had a whole pantheon of gods. Through the Old Testament the Hebrews have a hard time with idolatry and are accused of whoring after false gods.
I did read the link. It didn't discuss the Jews at all.

There is absolutely zero doubt that the Hebrews were the first recorded monotheists. Like I said in another thread, it's perfectly natural when a new belief emerges that it does not emerge overnight but over time. So your argument that throughout the Old Testament the Hebrews having a hard time with idolatry and being accused of whoring after false gods doesn't change this reality. On the contrary it's part of the narrative of a people who cycled through remembering and forgetting God which is the overarching theme throughout the Old Testament.

I believe this graphic perfectly encapsulates the account of the Jews throughout the Old Testament.

1675441189770.png

I did read the link. It didn't discuss the Jews at all.

There is absolutely zero doubt that the Hebrews were the first recorded monotheists. Like I said in another thread, it's perfectly natural when a new belief emerges that it does not emerge overnight but over time. So your argument that throughout the Old Testament the Hebrews having a hard time with idolatry and being accused of whoring after false gods doesn't change this reality. On the contrary it's part of the narrative of a people who cycled through remembering and forgetting God which is the overarching theme throughout the Old Testament.

True, however the link said the 10 commandments were based on the Egyptian Book of the Dead.

True, however the link said the 10 commandments were based on the Egyptian Book of the Dead.
It can say anything it wants. That's like saying that increased atmospheric CO2 leads to catastrophic global warming because temperatures happen to be increasing when CO2 is increasing and using that as your only evidence. Correlation does not prove causation. Proving causation requires a direct linkage independent of the correlation for confirmation of the correlation. Like I said, it is much more likely that disparate peoples independently concluded right and wrong because right and wrong is innate because it is logical.

Morals are effectively standards. For any given thing there exists a standard which is the highest possible standard. This standard exists independent of anything else. It is in effect a universal standard. It exists for a reason. When we deviate from this standard and normalize our deviance from the standard, eventually the reason the standard exists will be discovered. The reason this happens is because error cannot stand. Eventually error will fail and the truth will be discovered. Thus proving that morals cannot be anything we want them to be but are indeed based upon some universal code of common decency that is independent of man.

So it shouldn't be odd that different people arrive at the same conclusion without basing their conclusions on someone else's conclusions. In the case of morals, it should be expected that everyone arrive at the same conclusion independently.

The point is... I believed a liar. You never cared enough to ask any teacher about babies lost in the flood, unless you were chortling and wanted more to chortle over. I don't think I can talk to you again.

The point is... I believed a liar. You never cared enough to ask any teacher about babies lost in the flood, unless you were chortling and wanted more to chortle over. I don't think I can talk to you again.

Fifth Grade.
St. Symphorosa School in Chicago.
Sr. Mary Bonaventure

I didn't want to chortle, we were all fucking terrified of this woman. One time she dragged a girl in front of the class and screamed at her until she pissed herself.

Today, I realize she was a bitter old frustrated lesbian, and thank goodness today gay women aren't shunted into this horrible lifestyle.

Now, yes, I think it's awful that so many women use abortion as birth control... but it's really not any of my business. What people choose to do to their own bodies is their own business. I only really need to worry about my body.

Fifth Grade.
St. Symphorosa School in Chicago.
Sr. Mary Bonaventure

I didn't want to chortle, we were all fucking terrified of this woman. One time she dragged a girl in front of the class and screamed at her until she pissed herself.

Today, I realize she was a bitter old frustrated lesbian, and thank goodness today gay women aren't shunted into this horrible lifestyle.

Now, yes, I think it's awful that so many women use abortion as birth control... but it's really not any of my business. What people choose to do to their own bodies is their own business. I only really need to worry about my body.
You need to get some hobbies. Militant atheism isn't a good look on you.

I have plenty of hobbies.

I write Science Fiction stories.
I keep tropical fish
I like to go fishing up north a couple of times a year.
I enjoy home improvement.

And I like to point out the absurdity of organized religion.
Everything is absurd if we take the extremes of anything and project it as the norm. I don't listen to the hard-core bible or thumpers, I also don't care for the snarky Atheists who believes they are superior beings. because they don't believe "fairy tales". No one I know has died for a week and come back to tell me what it is like, but some believe they have it all figured out.

I have plenty of hobbies.

I write Science Fiction stories.
I keep tropical fish
I like to go fishing up north a couple of times a year.
I enjoy home improvement.

And I like to point out the absurdity of organized religion.
You need more then because you reek of militant atheism.

Everything is absurd if we take the extremes of anything and project it as the norm. I don't listen to the hard-core bible or thumpers, I also don't care for the snarky Atheists who believes they are superior beings. because they don't believe "fairy tales". No one I know has died for a week and come back to tell me what it is like, but some believe they have it all figured out.

But that's the point, no one who has died for a week has come back to tell us anything.

You have NDE's, but that's just your dying brain giving you a rush, which is why Christians see Jesus, Muslims see Mohammed, etc.

But let's be a bit more serious. The ancient Hebrews didn't believe in an afterlife. Nor did most Bronze age people. "God" or "Zeus" or "Odin" was just how they explained the capricious nature that could kill them at any time. (The ancient egyptians were the exception, of course)

You need more then because you reek of militant atheism.
Tweaking God-Botherers is a hobby.. kind of a fun one.

Last edited:
Yes, I can't respect people who believe in bronze age fairy tales God.
No shit. That's obvious. Now it's my turn...

Atheism proceeds on the basis that the needs of individuals and society in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs and primitive instincts. Militant atheism is a religion. The religious nature of militant atheism explains their hostility towards traditional religions which is that of one rival religion over another. Their dogma is based on materialism, primitive instincts and the deification of man. They see no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure. They practice moral relativity, indiscriminate indiscriminateness, multiculturalism, cultural Marxism and normalization of deviance. They worship science but are the first to reject it when it suits their purposes. They can be identified by an external locus of control. Their religious doctrine is abolition of private property, abolition of family, abolition of religion and equality via uniformity and communal ownership. They practice critical theory which is the Cultural Marxist theory to criticize what they do not believe to arrive at what they do believe without ever having to examine what they believe. They confuse critical theory for critical thinking. Critical thinking is the practice of challenging what one does believe to test its validity. Something they never do.

No shit. That's obvious. Now it's my turn...

Atheism proceeds on the basis that the needs of individuals and society in general do not go beyond the satisfaction of material needs and primitive instincts. Militant atheism is a religion. The religious nature of militant atheism explains their hostility towards traditional religions which is that of one rival religion over another. Their dogma is based on materialism, primitive instincts and the deification of man.

Okay, look guy, if you need to believe in your imaginary sky friend to keep you from going out raping and murdering today, then by all means, keep believing that.

They see no distinction between good and evil, no morality or any other kind of value, save pleasure. They practice moral relativity, indiscriminate indiscriminateness, multiculturalism, cultural Marxism and normalization of deviance.

Except that you don't really explain why those are evil. Some people like the Butt Sex. I personally don't, but some people are into that. That doesn't make them evil, just different. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I'm just not seeing the problem.

Moral Relativity? Hmmm. When was the last time you burned a witch. Because the bible is pretty clear, "Though shall not suffer a witch to live". But I don't see you hunting down the local Wiccan Coven. (And for the records, I think the Wiccans are just as goofy as you are, but they are much nicer about it.) God didn't change his mind, we changed ours. Moral Relativity.

We don't beat our children with rods anymore. That would be child abuse. Moral Relativity.

We don't stone our daughters to death for not being virgins on their wedding night. Moral Relativity.

They worship science but are the first to reject it when it suits their purposes. They can be identified by an external locus of control. Their religious doctrine is abolition of private property, abolition of family, abolition of religion and equality via uniformity and communal ownership.

Really, I love my private property and have no desire to communally own it with anyone. So you'd be wrong again.

They practice critical theory which is the Cultural Marxist theory to criticize what they do not believe to arrive at what they do believe without ever having to examine what they believe. They confuse critical theory for critical thinking. Critical thinking is the practice of challenging what one does believe to test its validity. Something they never do.
It's pretty obvious you don't know what critical race theory is, as you don't even call it correctly.

Okay, look guy, if you need to believe in your imaginary sky friend to keep you from going out raping and murdering today, then by all means, keep believing that.

Except that you don't really explain why those are evil. Some people like the Butt Sex. I personally don't, but some people are into that. That doesn't make them evil, just different. As long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, I'm just not seeing the problem.

Moral Relativity? Hmmm. When was the last time you burned a witch. Because the bible is pretty clear, "Though shall not suffer a witch to live". But I don't see you hunting down the local Wiccan Coven. (And for the records, I think the Wiccans are just as goofy as you are, but they are much nicer about it.) God didn't change his mind, we changed ours. Moral Relativity.

We don't beat our children with rods anymore. That would be child abuse. Moral Relativity.

We don't stone our daughters to death for not being virgins on their wedding night. Moral Relativity.

Really, I love my private property and have no desire to communally own it with anyone. So you'd be wrong again.

It's pretty obvious you don't know what critical race theory is, as you don't even call it correctly.
This is what forcing your beliefs on others looks, Joey.

"We must know how to combat religion..." Vladimir Lenin

This is what forcing your beliefs on others looks like, Joey.

"Marxism is materialism. As such, it is as relentlessly hostile to religion..." Vladimir Lenin

There has never been an atheist state that was not a communist state.

This is what forcing your beliefs on others looks like, Joey.

The Khmer Rouge abolished all religion and dispersed minority groups, forbidding them to speak their languages or to practice their customs. These policies had been implemented in less severe forms for many years prior to the Khmer Rouge's taking power.

Forum List

Back