Losing Can Be Liberating

After his defeat in Britain’s 1945 general election, Winston Churchill’s wife Clementine consoled him: “It may well be a blessing in disguise.” Churchill replied, “At the moment it seems quite effectively disguised.”

As do any blessings to be found in last Tuesday’s election result. The country faces four more years of Barack Obama in the Oval Office, with an increased Democratic majority in the Senate, as a debt crisis bears down upon us at home and our enemies ramp up their efforts abroad. One hopes, for the sake of the country, that on some key issues the president can be persuaded to do the right thing—or, at least, that politics and reality will conspire to pressure the president to do the minimally acceptable thing

Losing Can Be Liberating | The Weekly Standard

Crying about the debt is the only thing republicans have to offer. That and fear. Japan has a way higher debt to gdp ratio than we do and she is doing just fine. In fact, she's the third largest economy in the world. Time to turn off hate radio and fox news. These know nothings have turned republicans like you into a know nothing.

Japan is "doing just fine"........? :lol:

Japan has a greater Debt to GDP ratio than Greece....the outlook is quite bleak....

03-japan-debt-to-gdp.jpg

Japan doesn't have the poverty rate as USA or Greece. They also have universal health care. There doing ok and far better than most low wage southern red states thats for sure.

Last edited:
I just hope Obama doesn't assassinate me without my Constitutional right to due process like he has done in the past.

Worry about whom you are palling around with. Just sayin'.

Regards from Rosie

Yeah cuz "the land of the free" should kill its own people without a trial or anything because of who they hang around with instead of if they've actually harmed someone.

It is 100% guaranteed that Anwar al-Awlaki, his son, his Press Secretary and other al Queda wannabes killed with them will never imperil the life of another American. You are a fool if you put any trial above the lives of potential terrorist victims.

Protecting Americans from those who would kill them, for whatever crazy reason, is the #1 duty of the President.

Regards from Rosie

Worry about whom you are palling around with. Just sayin'.

Regards from Rosie

Yeah cuz "the land of the free" should kill its own people without a trial or anything because of who they hang around with instead of if they've actually harmed someone.

It is 100% guaranteed that Anwar al-Awlaki, his son, his Press Secretary and other al Queda wannabes killed with them will never imperil the life of another American. You are a fool if you put any trial above the lives of potential terrorist victims.

Protecting Americans from those who would kill them, for whatever crazy reason, is the #1 duty of the President.

Regards from Rosie

So there is this thing called a logical fallacy. One of those is called "an appeal to probability". That is what you have done. You are assuming that because something could happen that is will happen. That is not a logical argument.

If the man is a criminal, show me a victim. You can't. Even if he IS a criminal, we don't just kill our own people here, they get due process and a trial and things of that nature. That is what the supreme law of the land says has to happen.

By your logic we should just shoot on sight any person convicted of a crime.

Quit taking your liberties for granted.

Be prepared to be free as a bird in '14. :lol::lol::lol:

Gloating is not maturity level we should expect in any of our citizens now. We have a task at hand and that is bringing our country together for the good of our country. Let's lay off that laughing and start talking about answers we can all agree upon.

That wasn't gloating; that was laughing at a poster that didn't learn the lesson of the election and is still drinking the kool-aid. I post messages like you suggest all the time and they get scoffed at by people like the OP. This time I wanted to make fun, K?

When does the "fun" stop and we start talking about issues we can agree on and talking about compomises?

Gloating is not maturity level we should expect in any of our citizens now. We have a task at hand and that is bringing our country together for the good of our country. Let's lay off that laughing and start talking about answers we can all agree upon.

That wasn't gloating; that was laughing at a poster that didn't learn the lesson of the election and is still drinking the kool-aid. I post messages like you suggest all the time and they get scoffed at by people like the OP. This time I wanted to make fun, K?

When does the "fun" stop and we start talking about issues we can agree on and talking about compomises?

The problem with compromise is you want a bunch of people who have no desire to raise spending and no desire to see more money redistributed and no desire to have more of their earnings taken from them by force to do just that...

The problem with compromise is you want a bunch of people who have no desire to raise spending and no desire to see more money redistributed and no desire to have more of their earnings taken from them by force to do just that...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I think this says it all from the left wing nuts.

A doctor who recognizes that his most burdensome patient is now dying without hope of recovery can turn his attentions to someone worth saving, or go golfing for his own peace of mind.

So yes, recognizing that the nation is lost can be quite liberating.

Our nation is not lost. What took hundreds of years to build cannot be swept away that easily. We are facing crises, certainly. Let's all hope and pray that our leaders in Washington take the time to reflect on the seriousness of the issues and simple politics and game playing tactic days are gone.

We heard from the president he intends to reach across the aisle. I hope the Republicans do the same in return. This is one promise that just may determine this president's legacy for years to come.

You actually believe that shit? When was the last time he told you the truth?

After his defeat in Britain’s 1945 general election, Winston Churchill’s wife Clementine consoled him: “It may well be a blessing in disguise.” Churchill replied, “At the moment it seems quite effectively disguised.”

As do any blessings to be found in last Tuesday’s election result. The country faces four more years of Barack Obama in the Oval Office, with an increased Democratic majority in the Senate, as a debt crisis bears down upon us at home and our enemies ramp up their efforts abroad. One hopes, for the sake of the country, that on some key issues the president can be persuaded to do the right thing—or, at least, that politics and reality will conspire to pressure the president to do the minimally acceptable thing

Losing Can Be Liberating | The Weekly Standard

Be prepared to be free as a bird in '14. :lol::lol::lol:

Face it. Our country will never again be together. I for one will never lock arms with the demonizing left.

Regards from Rosie

So there is this thing called a logical fallacy. One of those is called "an appeal to probability". That is what you have done. You are assuming that because something could happen that is will happen. That is not a logical argument.

If the man is a criminal, show me a victim. You can't. Even if he IS a criminal, we don't just kill our own people here, they get due process and a trial and things of that nature. That is what the supreme law of the land says has to happen.

Talk about logical fallacies! Al-Awlaki was proven to be an accomplice in the murder of 13 Ft. Hood soldiers. His son and pals were accompllices. They were not entitled to a trial being as they were embedded in our al-Queda enemies. (AQAP)

My own personal liberty takes a backseat to saving your sorry ass from dying at the hands of terrorists. Capische?

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

Talk about logical fallacies! Al-Awlaki was proven to be an accomplice in the murder of 13 Ft. Hood soldiers. His son and pals were accompllices. They were not entitled to a trial being as they were embedded in our al-Queda enemies. (AQAP)

My own personal liberty takes a backseat to saving your sorry ass from dying at the hands of terrorists. Capische?

Regards from Rosie

But I already addressed how being in the company of people is not committing a crime? Obama has been in the room with a guy who helped bomb the Capital building should we drop a drone on the White House because of it? (Please don't come after me FBI).

Whatever, fuck freedom, what do you care?

Last edited:
Crying about the debt is the only thing republicans have to offer. That and fear. Japan has a way higher debt to gdp ratio than we do and she is doing just fine. In fact, she's the third largest economy in the world. Time to turn off hate radio and fox news. These know nothings have turned republicans like you into a know nothing.

Japan has a greater Debt to GDP ratio than Greece....the outlook is quite bleak....

03-japan-debt-to-gdp.jpg

Japan doesn't have the poverty rate as USA or Greece. They also have universal health care. There doing ok and far better than most low wage southern red states thats for sure.

The national poverty rate stood at 15.7 percent in 2006, according to first-ever figures released Tuesday by the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry, a fairly high rate for a developed country.

According to an OECD report on poverty rates in the mid-2000s, Japan had the fourth-highest rate of relative poverty among OECD member countries.

First ever poverty rate released by ministry stands at relatively high 15.7% | The Japan Times Online

Yes, Japan's doing great. By comparison, the poverty rate in the US for 2010 was 15.1 percent (CIA Factbook).

03-japan-debt-to-gdp.jpg

The national poverty rate stood at 15.7 percent in 2006, according to first-ever figures released Tuesday by the Health, Labor and Welfare Ministry, a fairly high rate for a developed country.

According to an OECD report on poverty rates in the mid-2000s, Japan had the fourth-highest rate of relative poverty among OECD member countries.

First ever poverty rate released by ministry stands at relatively high 15.7% | The Japan Times Online

Yes, Japan's doing great. By comparison, the poverty rate in the US for 2010 was 15.1 percent (CIA Factbook).

You do realize that part of the reason both countries are so broke (I'd argue why they have such poverty as well) is becuase of thinks like social welfare right?

A doctor who recognizes that his most burdensome patient is now dying without hope of recovery can turn his attentions to someone worth saving, or go golfing for his own peace of mind.

So yes, recognizing that the nation is lost can be quite liberating.

And stupid speaks.

Regards from Rosie

But I already addressed how being an in the company of people is not committing a crime? Obama has been in the room with a guy who helped bomb the Capital building should we drop a drone on the White House because of it? (Please don't come after me FBI).

Here. I Googled AQAP for you:

http://
www.google.com/search?hl=en-US&ie=UTF-8&q=aqap

That is a passel of dead terrorists. None entitled to trial. Avoid terrorists and the Taliban and you keep life as well as liberty.

Dumkopf.

Regards from Rosie

Regards from Rosie

But I already addressed how being an in the company of people is not committing a crime? Obama has been in the room with a guy who helped bomb the Capital building should we drop a drone on the White House because of it? (Please don't come after me FBI).

That is a passel of dead terrorists. None entitled to trial. Avoid terrorists and the Taliban and you keep life as well as liberty.

Dumkopf.

Regards from Rosie

Here I googled the Constitution for you:

nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

Bill of Rights and Later Amendments

Bill of Rights. #5. Check it out.

Dumkopf.

Regards from Rosie

Here I googled the Constitution for you:

nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

Bill of Rights and Later Amendments

Bill of Rights. #5. Check it out.[/QUOTE

Enemy combatants in foreign nations don't fall under US Constitutional protection. Sharia Law camel sucking Yemeni naturalized citizens don't get due process or trials. When they threaten their former nation with terrorism, they get dead.

Thank you, President Obama, for protecting even the mosst stooopid in our homeland from terrorism.

Regards from Rosie

Forum List

Back