Loony California

Apr 11, 2006
What's next? "All praise Allah, Allah is great?" At least they'll know what to say if their plane is hijacked.

http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=25997

© 2002 WorldNetDaily.com

In the wake of Sept. 11, an increasing number of California public school students must attend an intensive three-week course on Islam, reports ASSIST News Service.

The course mandates that seventh-graders learn the tenets of Islam, study the important figures of the faith, wear a robe, adopt a Muslim name and stage their own jihad. Adding to this apparent hypocrisy, reports ANS, students must memorize many verses in the Koran, are taught to pray "in the name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful" and are instructed to chant, "Praise to Allah, Lord of Creation."

"We could never teach Christianity like this," one outraged parent told ANS.

Elizabeth Christina Lemings, a teacher in the Byron, Calif., Union School District, was unaware of the course until her seventh-grade son brought home the handouts. Obtained by ANS, the handouts include a history of Islam and the life of Mohammad, its founder. There are 25 Islamic terms that must be memorized, six Islamic (Arabic) phrases, 20 Islamic proverbs to learn along with the Five Pillars of Faith and 10 key Islamic prophets and disciples to be studied.

"We can't even mention the name of Jesus in the public schools," Lemings laments, "but ... they teach Islam as the true religion, and students are taught about Islam and how to pray to Allah. Can you imagine the barrage of lawsuits and problems we would have from the ACLU if Christianity were taught in the public schools, and if we tried to teach about the contributions of Matthew, Mark, Luke, John and the Apostle Paul? But when it comes to furthering the Islamic religion in the public schools, there is not one word from the ACLU, People for the American Way or anybody else. This is hypocrisy."

ANS reports that students are to pretend that they are Muslims, wear Muslim clothing to school, stage their own jihad via a dice game and pick out a Muslim name (to replace their own) from a list of 30.

When asked what they thought about the course, students described it as "fun," while others described Islam as "a pretty culture." Joseph Lemings, 12, told ANS, "the jihad was like playing a video game."

The "fun" description disturbs Elizabeth Lemings, who sees the course as a tool, not only to engender sympathy and support for the Muslim cause, but for recruitment.

"This is not just a class of history of examining culture," she said. "This course is entirely too specific. It is more about indoctrination."

Nancy Castro, principal of Intermediate-Excelsior School of Byron, told ANS that the Islam course (included within "History of Culture") reflects California educational standards. Castro maintains the course "is not religion, but ancient culture and history. We do not endorse any religion; we just make students aware." Castro further emphasized the course textbook is in use throughout California.

The textbook used for the Islamic course, "Across The Centuries," is published by Houghton-Mifflin and has been adopted by the California school system. In it, according to ANS, Islam is presented broadly in a completely positive manner, whereas the limited references to Christianity are "shown in a negative light, with events such as the Inquisition, and the Salem witch hunts highlighted in bold, black type." ANS notes the portrayal of Islam leaves out word of "the wars, massacres, cruelties against Christians and other non-Muslims that Islam has consistently perpetrated over the centuries."

Asked if there was any response from parents about the Islam course, Castro told ANS, "Oh, a couple of parents called to express concerns, three to be exact."

There are so many things wrong with this I would need graphs and charts to go thru it all.

What is wrong with so called academics in this country? Are they just on a mission to bring America down and why?

And Im sure the ACLU will be defending these parents anyday now?????

onthefence said:
Isn't that economy in debt too?

Compared with your KKK State vs. actual output? Not only no, but fuck no! And black children can even get an education here!

theHawk said:
Don't forget to mension all the illegal alien kiddies DF.

HEY! Once Bush pushes through the new bill - they'll all be Citizens...and looking for your job.

theHawk said:
Bwahaha, Catalina Island doesn't count as California :laugh:

Pretty nice place though, the buffalo were cool.

No - it doesn’t, cause the little brown devils can’t swim that far! (kidding!) :bye1:

theHawk said:
Bwahaha, Catalina Island doesn't count as California :laugh:

Pretty nice place though, the buffalo were cool.

across the sea-Santa Catalina is waiting for me" Who did that old song the "Lettermen"? Santa Catalina is the non-smoking area for San Pedro...and Nevada is the smoking area for all of California..... :rotflmao:

Darwins Friend said:
No - it doesn’t, cause the little brown devils can’t swim that far! (kidding!) :bye1:

Of course they can swim! How do you think they got the nickname 'wetbacks'? :happy2:

Artist: Preps Four
Song: 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)

Twenty- six miles across the sea
Santa Catalina is a-waitin' for me
Santa Catalina, the island of romance, romance, romance, romance

Water all around it everywhere
Tropical trees and the salty air
But for me the thing that's a-waitin' there-romance

It seems so distant, twenty-six miles away
Restin' in the water serene
I'd work for anyone, even the Navy
Who would float me to my island dream

Twenty- six miles, so near yet far
I'd swim with just some water-wings and my guitar
I could leave the wings but I'll need the guitar for romance, romance, romance,
romance

Santa Catalina, the island of romance

A tropical heaven out in the ocean
Covered with trees and girls
If I have to swim, I'll do it forever
Till I'm gazin' on those island pearls

Forty kilometers in a leaky old boat
Any old thing that'll stay afloat
When we arrive we'll all promote romance, romance, romance, romance

(Jesus that's gay!)

:dance:

Darwins Friend said:
Artist: Preps Four
Song: 26 Miles (Santa Catalina)

Water all around it everywhere
Tropical trees and the salty air
But for me the thing that's a-waitin' there-romance

It seems so distant, twenty-six miles away
Restin' in the water serene
I'd work for anyone, even the Navy
Who would float me to my island dream

Twenty- six miles, so near yet far
I'd swim with just some water-wings and my guitar
I could leave the wings but I'll need the guitar for romance, romance, romance,
romance

Santa Catalina, the island of romance

A tropical heaven out in the ocean
Covered with trees and girls
If I have to swim, I'll do it forever
Till I'm gazin' on those island pearls

Forty kilometers in a leaky old boat
Any old thing that'll stay afloat
When we arrive we'll all promote romance, romance, romance, romance

(Jesus that's gay!)

:dance:

however...the "Four Preps" were also known as the "Lettermen"...it was common in the late fiftees and sixtees that a group cut records with different names... :teeth:

archangel said:
however...the "Four Preps" were also known as the "Lettermen"...it was common in the late fiftees and sixtees that a group cut records with different names... :teeth:

The Four Preps formed in the early 50s in Hollywood, CA and consisted of founding members Bruce Belland, Glen Larson, Marvin Inabnett and Ed Cobb

By 1960, The Lettermen - now Tony Butala, Jim Pike (whose falsetto pre-dated Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons) and Bob Engemann...

I guess they not only used different band names, but also different aliases for the band members too. :rolleyes:

It appears you got another one wrong Arch!

Darwins Friend said:
Compared with your KKK State vs. actual output? Not only no, but fuck no! And black children can even get an education here!

:bs1:

What an idiotic comment. Maybe you should actually visit the South and find out what it's like.

Forum List

Back