Looky what we gots here, Safire...

A business decision?

Cancelling a show that had been popular since 1930, or before, on radio and television, isn't a very wise business decision, IMO.

I seem to remember the NAACP had problems with Sanford and Son as well.

A business decision?

Cancelling a show that had been popular since 1930, or before, on radio and television, isn't a very wise business decision, IMO.

I seem to remember the NAACP had problems with Sanford and Son as well.

Whether you think it's "wise" or not is irrelevant --- you described a "ban". Now where was there a "ban"? Who "banned" it?

I pretty much figure canceling a popular show, because of influence from a radical group, for nearly 50 years, a ban.

Don't like it,

put me on ignore

I pretty much figure canceling a popular show, because of influence from a radical group, for nearly 50 years, a ban.

Don't like it,

put me on ignore

I cannot put the English language on "Ignore".

Nor do I care to.

The fact remains, nobody prevented NBC, ABC, Dumont --- or even CBS, from airing the show. Therefore it was not "banned".

Don't like it,

put me on ignore

I cannot put the English language on "Ignore".

Nor do I care to.

Your comprehension sucks.

I said put ME on ignore, not the English language.

I would have to put the language on ignore to pretend the word "ban" has no meaning.

I won't put you on Ignore. That's only for posters with no point.

th

And what do these have to do with Bill Safire?
Quit stalling.
Sapphire. You know, the Kingfish's wife. Holy Mackerel, Andy!!

Whattaya think I am, 140 years old?

"Holy mackerel Andy" --- my father (RIP) used that expression. I never knew where it came from, until now.

Still don't get the title. It says "Safire", whose books are all over my shelf. Can't see how he's related.
"Sapphire" doesn't make any sense either.
You claim you worked in radio and you didn't know about Amos & Andy, one of the most famous radio programs ever? Wanna come clean now?

I didn't work in radio in the fucking 1700s, dear. That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time. And I know it's way before yours too. Of course I know about the show historically, but it doesn't have a fucking thing in the world to do with Bill Safire.
Neither does this thread, dear.

And what do these have to do with Bill Safire?
Quit stalling.

"Holy mackerel Andy" --- my father (RIP) used that expression. I never knew where it came from, until now.

Still don't get the title. It says "Safire", whose books are all over my shelf. Can't see how he's related.
You claim you worked in radio and you didn't know about Amos & Andy, one of the most famous radio programs ever? Wanna come clean now?

I didn't work in radio in the fucking 1700s, dear. That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time. And I know it's way before yours too. Of course I know about the show historically, but it doesn't have a fucking thing in the world to do with Bill Safire.

Thank you Snookums. That's what I said when I got here. :banghead:

Thank you Snookums. That's what I said when I got here. :banghead:
And that's why you got your Katyushas...now go play with them...or yourself.

Forum List

Back