Looky what we gots here, Safire...

Dafuck is a "Katyusha"?
th

And what do these have to do with Bill Safire?
Quit stalling.
Sapphire. You know, the Kingfish's wife. Holy Mackerel, Andy!!

Quit stalling.

Whattaya think I am, 140 years old?

"Holy mackerel Andy" --- my father (RIP) used that expression. I never knew where it came from, until now.

Still don't get the title. It says "Safire", whose books are all over my shelf. Can't see how he's related.
"Sapphire" doesn't make any sense either.

Enjoyed that show when I was a young'un.

Been tempted to get the series on DVD, but have other priorities
I will always remember in the 40s the streets would be deserted when Amos n' Andy was on the radio. Same thing when they got their TV show. Nobody would miss the show. Much like NCIS these days.

Enjoyed that show when I was a young'un.

Been tempted to get the series on DVD, but have other priorities
I will always remember in the 40s the streets would be deserted when Amos n' Andy was on the radio. Same thing when they got their TV show. Nobody would miss the show. Much like NCIS these days.
Always listened to them on the table top Zenith. We couldn't afford a TV....great show...

But, the NAACP had to bitch about the demeaning roles the characters were playing, and got it banned.

Only real difference between it and the Honeymooners was the color of their skin.

IN fact, Amos and Andy had better jobs than Ralph and Ed

As I remember it, it was more like , Holy mackle, saffire

Quit stalling.

"Holy mackerel Andy" --- my father (RIP) used that expression. I never knew where it came from, until now.

Still don't get the title. It says "Safire", whose books are all over my shelf. Can't see how he's related.
You claim you worked in radio and you didn't know about Amos & Andy, one of the most famous radio programs ever? Wanna come clean now?

Quit stalling.

You claim you worked in radio and you didn't know about Amos & Andy, one of the most famous radio programs ever? Wanna come clean now?

I didn't work in radio in the fucking 1700s, dear. That's waaaaaaaaaaaaay before my time. And I know it's way before yours too. Of course I know about the show historically, but it doesn't have a fucking thing in the world to do with Bill Safire.

But, the NAACP had to bitch about the demeaning roles the characters were playing, and got it banned.

Only real difference between it and the Honeymooners was the color of their skin.

IN fact, Amos and Andy had better jobs than Ralph and Ed

"Banned" huh?

Who "banned" it?

/offtopic

CBS caved to pressure from the NAACP and pulled it from networks in1957.

CBS caved to pressure from the NAACP and pulled it from networks in1957.

1953 actually, but how is a commercial enterprise making a business decision a "ban"?

A "ban" prevents something from existing. Who prevented ABC, NBC or Dumont from running the same show?

Forum List

Back