Looks like the "vetting" process for Perry has begun

How do you get a D in Shakespeare and a C in gym?

Better question is, how do you get D's and C's in Texas? The South is where NY kids go to college when they can't get into NY schools.

Seriously, he probably didn't go to class. At least that's the excuse I'd use if I were Perry.

Best grades conservatives in college can hope for to be honest.

The only way to do better is to become a parrot.

I am mostly conservative and I got a 3.63 in Chemical Engineering in college, so I think my grades were a bit better than C's and D's.

Degrees such as yours arnt tainted by multiple choice essay answers to test questions.

And it doesn't appear you passed high school English either... STFU.

Someone released his college transcripts from Texas A&M.

Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs and Ds

One reason that might explain his hostility toward the system: He didn't do very well in it. A source in Texas passed The Huffington Post Perry's transcripts from his years at Texas A&M University. The future politician did not distinguish himself much in the classroom. While he later became a student leader, he had to get out of academic probation to do so. He rarely earned anything above a C in his courses -- earning a C in U.S. History, a D in Shakespeare, and a D in the principles of economics. Perry got a C in gym.

Nice little attack piece by huffpo, I guess leaking of personal information is OK as long as you don't like the victim's politics.

did we ever get to see obiedoodlemcfoodle's transcripts?

No, odumbo is still spending millions of dollars keeping his hidden. Some vetting job they did on him... :doubt:

Looks like the dogs are out...

POLITICO Forums:politics: GOP ponders Perry: Savior or flop? - POLITICO.com

Veterans of Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison’s unsuccessful 2010 primary challenge to Perry recalled being stunned at the way attacks bounced off the governor in a strongly conservative state gripped by tea party fever. Multiple former Hutchison advisers recalled asking a focus group about the charge that Perry may have presided over the execution of an innocent man — Cameron Todd Willingham — and got this response from a primary voter: “It takes balls to execute an innocent man.”

The Willingham case is just one episode in Perry’s gubernatorial tenure that could be revived against him in the very different context of a national race, potentially compromising him in a general election.

So their whole argument is going to be

1) He's from Texas (boo, hiss, boo).
2) He's a big meanie who executes people.
3) And he's not a super genius like our guy.

None of which really is important to Americans at this point.

It's like they broke out their playbook for running against George W. Bush forgetting they lost both times they went out against him using that play book.

Is Perry a drunk too who hid his DWI arrest for decades because "he wanted to protect his children"--the ones he didn't have?

Perry was elected Governor of Texas and the people there had their chance to change their mind about him. They didn't. Its either that they are pleased or they are apathetic. Considering they elected Ron Paul who has gotten nothing done in decades in a portion of the State, I would think that Texans don't really care that much about government.

He's a big government independent if you ask me who is playing his right wing supporters for a fool. And they keep saying, "We don't support everything he stands for." Besides job creation which wasn't his sole success (the boomingly profitable commercial petroleum industry is based in Texas), there isn't much to like there except that he's white and he's not Obama.

I wish Huckabee would have run. At least you don't have to wonder where he will be on the issues next week. Can't say that about Perry. I disagree with Mad Scientist a lot but he's right on this one.

Is Perry a drunk too who hid his DWI arrest for decades because "he wanted to protect his children"--the ones he didn't have?

Perry was elected Governor of Texas and the people there had their chance to change their mind about him. They didn't. Its either that they are pleased or they are apathetic. Considering they elected Ron Paul who has gotten nothing done in decades in a portion of the State, I would think that Texans don't really care that much about government.

He's a big government independent if you ask me who is playing his right wing supporters for a fool. And they keep saying, "We don't support everything he stands for." Besides job creation which wasn't his sole success (the boomingly profitable commercial petroleum industry is based in Texas), there isn't much to like there except that he's white and he's not Obama.

I wish Huckabee would have run. At least you don't have to wonder where he will be on the issues next week. Can't say that about Perry. I disagree with Mad Scientist a lot but he's right on this one.

Well, he's not Obama, and that's in his favor, absolutely.

The thing is, it isn't idealogical. Our system ends up pulling everyone to the center, anyway.

My thought on him is that he's a leader, someone who takes charge, gets what he wants to get done effectively. Take this last session of the Texas legislature, he got 90% of what he wanted, the 10% of what he didn't get at least he went to bat for.

Compare that to "Don't call my bluff, Eric" Obama. Presents no plan, takes unreasonable positions, lets a problem fester, and today we are at AA credit instead of AAA. He's not a leader.

Perry can run on his record. On the plus side, Texas has created more jobs than any other state over the last few years. On the negative side, unemployment in Texas is not much better than the rest of the country. On top of that, Texas is battling a massive deficit and the long term prognosis only shows the deficit problems becoming worse. Last of all, Texas has the largest number of people without health insurance. Almost 25% of Texas residents have no health insurance. For most other states, that number is around 16%. Things are not as rosy in Texas as some would like to believe.

That..and Texas depends on massive government spending..for it's good employment numbers. :lol:

Link?

CHICAGO | Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:34pm EDT

(Reuters) - Texas and nine other states could end up with a higher credit rating than the United States.

That is what Moody's Investors Service on Tuesday said could happen if lawmakers in Washington fumble debt talks so badly the rating agency is forced to cut the U.S. rating to Aa1 from its current triple-A level.

Ten states, including Texas, Missouri and Iowa, are not heavily dependent on federal aid and therefore will keep their triple-A ratings even if the United States is downgraded a notch, the rating agency said.​

now i don't recall Obama ever getting vetted.the only reason harry reid pushed him to run was because he was black and spoke in a white dialect.

Best grades conservatives in college can hope for to be honest.

The only way to do better is to become a parrot.

That's not true. They do well in Bible college memorizing scripture.

Oh wait, "parrot"?

Never mind.

I don't care about Perry's grades.

I care about his shameless demagoguery. The country needs less of that sort of nonsense.

Not more.

You mean like talking about private jets and hedge fund managers to promote class warfare?

No. I mean cynical pandering to the religious right by holding prayer rallies.

Perry is missing the boat. Social conservatism is not going to be in vogue in the next election cycle. It's going to be all economics.

Sticking our nose in social issues is a luxury that people who are economically strained do not have.

Someone released his college transcripts from Texas A&M.

Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs and Ds

One reason that might explain his hostility toward the system: He didn't do very well in it. A source in Texas passed The Huffington Post Perry's transcripts from his years at Texas A&M University. The future politician did not distinguish himself much in the classroom. While he later became a student leader, he had to get out of academic probation to do so. He rarely earned anything above a C in his courses -- earning a C in U.S. History, a D in Shakespeare, and a D in the principles of economics. Perry got a C in gym.

Nice little attack piece by huffpo, I guess leaking of personal information is OK as long as you don't like the victim's politics.

So typical of the left. So very typical.
Actually, it's Republicans who pose (better) as....

(...As if we don't have trouble, enough, with Middle Eastern religious nut-jobs.)

eusa_doh.gif

Perry is missing the boat. Social conservatism is not going to be in vogue in the next election cycle. It's going to be all economics.

Sticking our nose in social issues is a luxury that people who are economically strained do not have.

I wouldn't personally make the argument, but some would say the two are intertwined.

If you work on the assumption that there has been a steady decline in America economically in the last 40 years, is it not linked to the decline in moral values? Illegitimacy, divorce, abortion, crass language, coarsened culture.

Now, I'm an agnostic, not really a religious person, but, yeah, I can see a clear decline in values between my parents culture (the world War II Generation) and the current one where you have 30 "children" still living at home with their parents.

Dad's generation went out and saved the world. The younger generation can't seem to leave the nest.

We've lost something, and some are trying to refind it.

I wouldn't personally make the argument, but some would say the two are intertwined.

If you work on the assumption that there has been a steady decline in America economically in the last 40 years, is it not linked to the decline in moral values? Illegitimacy, divorce, abortion, crass language, coarsened culture.

Now, I'm an agnostic, not really a religious person, but, yeah, I can see a clear decline in values between my parents culture (the world War II Generation) and the current one where you have 30 "children" still living at home with their parents.

Dad's generation went out and saved the world. The younger generation can't seem to leave the nest.

We've lost something, and some are trying to refind it.

Tying our economic position to social issues is a weak, weak hand.

It's too esoteric to get any traction in an election. The message needs to be simple. Good luck trying to convince Americans that returning to Victorian Era morality will put us back in the black.

As for Perry, I don't fault him for being religious. I fault him for using his religion as a campaign issue.

Tying our economic position to social issues is a weak, weak hand.

It's too esoteric to get any traction in an election. The message needs to be simple. Good luck trying to convince Americans that returning to Victorian Era morality will put us back in the black.

As for Perry, I don't fault him for being religious. I fault him for using his religion as a campaign issue.

I would invite you to spend five minutes on a place like TownHall.Com. There's a sizeable portion of the country that thinks that is EXACTLY the problem.

Personally, I think they are interrelated both ways. It's easy to live a moral life when you are economically comfortable.

In this fight, Obama is really at a disadvantage, because his economy sucks, and he actually has to pretend he agrees on moral values.

Forum List

Back