Looks like the "vetting" process for Perry has begun

martybegan

Diamond Member
Apr 5, 2010
Someone released his college transcripts from Texas A&M.

Rick Perry's College Transcript: A Lot Of Cs and Ds

One reason that might explain his hostility toward the system: He didn't do very well in it. A source in Texas passed The Huffington Post Perry's transcripts from his years at Texas A&M University. The future politician did not distinguish himself much in the classroom. While he later became a student leader, he had to get out of academic probation to do so. He rarely earned anything above a C in his courses -- earning a C in U.S. History, a D in Shakespeare, and a D in the principles of economics. Perry got a C in gym.

Nice little attack piece by huffpo, I guess leaking of personal information is OK as long as you don't like the victim's politics.

One reason that might explain his hostility toward the system: He didn't do very well in it. A source in Texas passed The Huffington Post Perry's transcripts from his years at Texas A&M University. The future politician did not distinguish himself much in the classroom. While he later became a student leader, he had to get out of academic probation to do so. He rarely earned anything above a C in his courses -- earning a C in U.S. History, a D in Shakespeare, and a D in the principles of economics. Perry got a C in gym.

Nice little attack piece by huffpo, I guess leaking of personal information is OK as long as you don't like the victim's politics.

So typical of the left. So very typical.

Best grades conservatives in college can hope for to be honest.

The only way to do better is to become a parrot.

I don't care about his grades in college.

Getting good grades doesn't mean your the smartest guy in the room.

Hell. I know some folks who never went to college but they have more smarts than any college grad I've ever seen.

How's Texas doing with Perry at the helm??

Thats whats important to me.

Best grades conservatives in college can hope for to be honest.

The only way to do better is to become a parrot.

I am mostly conservative and I got a 3.63 in Chemical Engineering in college, so I think my grades were a bit better than C's and D's.

That's a pathetic move by somebody who needs to be found and prosecuted.

This will of course be compared to Obama's grades not being public. I am actually suprised no one has been able to get a hold of those yet.

Perry can run on his record. On the plus side, Texas has created more jobs than any other state over the last few years. On the negative side, unemployment in Texas is not much better than the rest of the country. On top of that, Texas is battling a massive deficit and the long term prognosis only shows the deficit problems becoming worse. Last of all, Texas has the largest number of people without health insurance. Almost 25% of Texas residents have no health insurance. For most other states, that number is around 16%. Things are not as rosy in Texas as some would like to believe.

Perry can run on his record. On the plus side, Texas has created more jobs than any other state over the last few years. On the negative side, unemployment in Texas is not much better than the rest of the country. On top of that, Texas is battling a massive deficit and the long term prognosis only shows the deficit problems becoming worse. Last of all, Texas has the largest number of people without health insurance. Almost 25% of Texas residents have no health insurance. For most other states, that number is around 16%. Things are not as rosy in Texas as some would like to believe.

That..and Texas depends on massive government spending..for it's good employment numbers. :lol:

I've had to fire quite a few people over the years and I'd bet the vast majority of them had sterling college transcripts. Had they been able to handle their jobs as well as they did college they wouldn't have been canned.

I'm stil waiting to see Obama's classroom records, or any of the term papers he's had put under seal.

The left is crapping their pants at the thought of Perry getting in. Absolute panic, their hope was that the GOP would divide itself, allowing "The One" to slide by on his awful record.

So expect a lot of these kinds of attacks, really. And when they find out no one cares.

Looks like the dogs are out...

POLITICO Forums:politics: GOP ponders Perry: Savior or flop? - POLITICO.com

Veterans of Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison’s unsuccessful 2010 primary challenge to Perry recalled being stunned at the way attacks bounced off the governor in a strongly conservative state gripped by tea party fever. Multiple former Hutchison advisers recalled asking a focus group about the charge that Perry may have presided over the execution of an innocent man — Cameron Todd Willingham — and got this response from a primary voter: “It takes balls to execute an innocent man.”

The Willingham case is just one episode in Perry’s gubernatorial tenure that could be revived against him in the very different context of a national race, potentially compromising him in a general election.

So their whole argument is going to be

1) He's from Texas (boo, hiss, boo).
2) He's a big meanie who executes people.
3) And he's not a super genius like our guy.

None of which really is important to Americans at this point.

It's like they broke out their playbook for running against George W. Bush forgetting they lost both times they went out against him using that play book.

Perry is a Globalist in the mold of GW Bush. Former Democrat who still may be one. No fuckin' way I'm voting for him.

If he's the nominee, it's proof that the process is fixed.

College Grades have very little to do with success in your career if you've majored in liberal arts or humanities.

did we ever get to see obiedoodlemcfoodle's transcripts?

Forum List

Back