Looks like the "vetting" process for Perry has begun

Oh goody. Man,if they only vetted the Dummie who's in there right now? Who cares though? "Vetting" is just code for vicious Left/Democrat smearing. So see ya in 2012.

Last edited:
Tying our economic position to social issues is a weak, weak hand.

It's too esoteric to get any traction in an election. The message needs to be simple. Good luck trying to convince Americans that returning to Victorian Era morality will put us back in the black.

As for Perry, I don't fault him for being religious. I fault him for using his religion as a campaign issue.

I would invite you to spend five minutes on a place like TownHall.Com. There's a sizeable portion of the country that thinks that is EXACTLY the problem.

Personally, I think they are interrelated both ways. It's easy to live a moral life when you are economically comfortable.

In this fight, Obama is really at a disadvantage, because his economy sucks, and he actually has to pretend he agrees on moral values.

Why would I want to go to an echo chamber? Townhall is full of social conservatives.

Like I said, the social values = economic values talking point will be a hard sell.

The Republican nominee will need social conservatives and fiscal conservatives to win.

All I ask is give the guy a chance, listen to what he stands for and what he is against, objectively examine his record and then make an informed decision.

Forum List

Back