Looks like Obama was correct about Benghazi

Obama's PROMISE To End The Iraq War - Oct. 27, 2007 - "You Can Take That To The Bank" - YouTube

I wonder, are you like RW, in search of the truth? Because I feel like you might argue that Obama's claim of ending the Iraq war as "the FIRST thing he will do" if elected President is not equal to a timetable.... Maybe you believe it was in the top 10 things he did first? Either war I'm pretty sure that makes him a liar, me right and RW supporting a liar "just because."

i cant watch this right now. Watching the Pacific ATM. does he state a date where he will end it?
Yes, He said it will be the first thing he does... I assume that means the day he takes office. Somehow I doubt that's good enough for you, because lets face it, when Obama said "first thing I will do" you thought, If it takes him 2 + years that's prolly the same thing as "first thing I will do."

Let me put another way, in a responsible applicable way. Lets say you run a business, and you tell your employee to sweep a floor and they say "The first thing I will do tomorrow is sweet that floor." Then years later, they sweet that floor. Would you be correct in mentioning that when they said "Tomorrow" the date that "tomorrow" fell on would count as a "timetable"?

Lets see if you have the ability to hold Obama accountable for a lie, just so we know where you stand on the issue of Benghazi. Basically, would you defend Obama no matter what the NYT said, or are you actually looking for truth.

Seem's pretty basic to me.

Obama takes office January 20, 2009

Obama's first action as "President 9 Signed a proclamation declaring 20 January 2009 a national day of renewal and reconciliation." Obama - the first 100 hours | World news | The Guardian

War ends 12/15/11

Obama's "first thing I'll do" was over 2 years late.... Hmm...

That was Bush's timeline anyway Obama didn't do shit but screw up and fail in his own negotiations as a result there was no final agreement with the Iraqi government

The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: "Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq") was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.[1] The pact required criminal charges for holding prisoners over 24 hours, and required a warrant for searches of homes and buildings that were not related to combat.[1] U.S. contractors working for U.S. forces would have been subject to Iraqi criminal law, while contractors working for the State Department and other U.S. agencies would retain their immunity. If U.S. forces committed still undecided "major premeditated felonies" while off-duty and off-base, they would have been subjected to an undecided procedures laid out by a joint U.S.-Iraq committee if the U.S. certified the forces were off-duty

The agreement expired at midnight on December 31, 2011, even though the United States completed its final withdrawal of troops from Iraq on December 16, 2011. The symbolic ceremony in Baghdad officially "cased" (retired) the flag of U.S. forces in Iraq, according to army tradition
U.S.?Iraq Status of Forces Agreement - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

well besides it taking time to wind things down, i really dont blame him. I dont blame Bush for not either. they both ended it as far as i see it and i dont need to make partisan quips about it.

What did I tell you. You people don't care if he lies to your face at all, you care about this opinion piece for one reason, it's all you "kinda" got going for you.

Obama can bomb children, it's cool because the NYT opinion about Obama's opinion is *positive*!

And that's all I'm getting at with this, you guys don't really care, you just need something to attack "the other side" with. I base this on the fact that you hold Obama accountable for nothing... well I take that back, some of you numb nuts blame him for "working with Republicans" lolz.

well besides it taking time to wind things down, i really dont blame him. I dont blame Bush for not either. they both ended it as far as i see it and i dont need to make partisan quips about it.

What did I tell you. You people don't care if he lies to your face at all, you care about this opinion piece for one reason, it's all you "kinda" got going for you.

Obama can bomb children, it's cool because the NYT opinion about Obama's opinion is *positive*!

And that's all I'm getting at with this, you guys don't really care, you just need something to attack "the other side" with. I base this on the fact that you hold Obama accountable for nothing... well I take that back, some of you numb nuts blame him for "working with Republicans" lolz.
no all im saying is im not going to be partisan on this issue. I understand things take time. If you cant respect that then you have issues

So much for the Republican campaign against Hillary

A Deadly Mix in Benghazi - The New York Times

Months of investigation by The New York Times, centered on extensive interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack there and its context, turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault.

What bothers me most about the entire Benghazi attack is that certain Americans felt a need to try to make it a political issue by blaming Americans rather than the people who actually attacked us. We have gotten to a point that it is politics at all cost. We have to be certain to make the other side look bad because we have been convinced by a few idiots on the fringes that it is in our best interest to hate everyone who does not think exactly as we do. The few have led us down this path and they are helping tear us apart at the seams.

Months of investigation by The New York Times, centered on extensive interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack there and its context, turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault.

What bothers me most about the entire Benghazi attack is that certain Americans felt a need to try to make it a political issue by blaming Americans rather than the people who actually attacked us. We have gotten to a point that it is politics at all cost. We have to be certain to make the other side look bad because we have been convinced by a few idiots on the fringes that it is in our best interest to hate everyone who does not think exactly as we do. The few have led us down this path and they are helping tear us apart at the seams.

No we blame because Obama lied and made into what it is. Everything is politics with this guy. the problem is people like you who don't see it, and don't want to see it. It's all about defending Obama at all cost, defend Obama it's pathetic. Never in history has a president been sheltered like this guy

no all im saying is im not going to be partisan on this issue. I understand things take time. If you cant respect that then you have issues

Fine, I respect it, but in the future remember we had this conversation. Don't be a RW/Rtard/FranhasHPV/CHris/TM.

Ansar al-Sharia has also been suspected in the violent attacks in the Mount Chaambi area near the Algerian border, including the killing of eight soldiers last month.

Laradeyh blamed the Salafist movement for liaising with Al-Qaeda's North African affiliate and announced the group as a terrorist group.

Ansar al-Sharia is considered one of the most radical groups that emerged after the secular autocrat Zine al-Abidine Ben Ali was toppled in 2011.

The Ansar leader Saifallah Benahssine, also known as Abu Iyadh, is a former al-Qaeda fighter in Afghanistan sought by police for allegedly inciting an attack on the US embassy in Tunis in September 2012.

Ansar al-Sharia blamed for Tunisia killings - Africa - Al Jazeera English

??????

WTF does any of this mean?

You are really starting to scare me. Do you live alone ? If so, how ????

:dig::dig::dig:

Talk about the subject much?

Like I said that garbage was unrelated to the OP and didn't make any sense.

Maybe instead of crying about my response, you could have tried to explain it, but of course you aren't really here for the discussion ... .

"Obama was right"....so it was a You Tube video!

Thanks NYT!

Gawd, you liberals are so delusional.

Thanks NYT!

What's REALLY delusional is the fact that republicans ... in complete absence of any reliable information about this matter ... steadfastly refuse to let it go.

Meanwhile, the age-old dream of reducing spending, small government, and an armed populous, ready to protect itself continues to take a beating come election time. Why? Because crap issues like this are always front and center and aside from the wing-nutz NO ONE really cares.

I read the article on-line yesterday while at Cheesecake Factory. I recall stating at the time of the attack that it didn't sound like a simple 3rd party video could engender such a response but it looks like it did. The article was incredibly thorough.

The Iraq war was a terrorist attack. Remember the false pretenses that led to the invasion? The Bush administration lied to the UN and the American people to invade a country that was not involved with 9/11. There weren't any WMD to pose an "imminent threat".

Keep it in perspective, Republicans. Your war was illegal from the start and has cost the American people trillions of dollars and thousands of lives, and cost the Iraqi people so much more.

Remember that, Republicans. Remember your lies that resulted in hundreds of thousands of deaths.

Saddam Hussien was a wonderful person and a caring, loving man. It is a shame that he was never awarded a Nobel peace prize. That awful Bush, the United Nations and all of the free world intellegence agencies were completely wrong about him.

He was a great humanitarian and he really didn't poison gas his own people. He didn't really invade Kuwait. The world would be a better place if he were still alive building more palaces while his people did without a few things, like food.

I am certain we can agree on all of these things. After all, we Democrats have to stick together.

You are an absolute moron. You're a parrot of the left and, more importantly, you've never served a day in combat or you would understand how stupid this "book" and it's "assertions" are. 40mm Mortars dropped with absolutely precision done by a "mob". Yeah, right.

Crawl back under your rock, little man.

This is nothing more than the NY Times getting ready to make excuses for Hillary "The Murderer" Clinton.

It was an eccentric militia, probably reacting to earlier embassy protests in the ME, that were obeying calls from the ME's favorite fundy TV personality, to attack US EMBASSIES.

BY DEFINITION IT WAS A TERROR ATTACK, AS OBAMA SAID THE NEXT DAY. SORRY YOUR IGNORANT BRAINS ARE FULL of RW bs- that's why Fox/Rush/Beck etc etc zombies get more ignorant the more they listen. DUMBASS hater dupes...

So taking the cue from President Bill Clinton, the left needs to come to a consensus and first decide what the definition of the word "is" really is. I have never seen so much squirming when it comes to detailing the facts as it unfolded on the time of the attack in Benghazi. An "old school" cop interrogation belief states that if an individual has to consistently change their story, it generally means they are trying desperately to hide something.

Exactly......there were times when we rallied around the flag at times like this. We backed our president and supported his efforts to retaliate

Within hours of the attack it became an issue of........can we impeach over this?

Thanks NYT!

What's REALLY delusional is the fact that republicans ... in complete absence of any reliable information about this matter ... steadfastly refuse to let it go.

Meanwhile, the age-old dream of reducing spending, small government, and an armed populous, ready to protect itself continues to take a beating come election time. Why? Because crap issues like this are always front and center and aside from the wing-nutz NO ONE really cares.

The House committee interviewed the second in command at the Embassy and several American contractors that were there during the attack for their information, and it directly contradicts what is in the NYT article. The NYT reporter interviewed Libyan terrorists for his information. You have chosen who you want to believe and I will do the same.

Last edited:

Thanks NYT!

The House committee interviewed the second in command at the Embassy and several American contractors that were there during the attack for their information, and it directly contradicts what is in the NYT article. The NYT reporter interviewed Libyan terrorists for his information. You have chosen who you want to believe and I will do the same.

Great point - and what were the findings of the House committee? What was their determination with regards to this case?

Any way you slice it, Benghazi is nothing but fodder for the pundits.

Forum List

Back