Long Cons: G.O.P.'s Trademark

Grumblenuts

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2017
Not that the Dems have anything to crow about, but the Repugs sure do take the cake here:
We unpack alotta long cons on today's BradCast, some of them decades in the making. Among them: Trump's new position on U.S. war in places like Syria, versus his position before he became President; GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan's position on deficit spending before he and Congressional Republicans exploded the deficit and he announced on Wednesday he's retiring from the U.S. House; And, Royal Dutch Shell's position on the dangers of global warming before a new, recently revealed treasure trove of internal company documents going back to the 50's revealed their realposition on the matter.
Any G.O.P. apologists care to try and defend any of this?

Not that the Dems have anything to crow about, but the Repugs sure do take the cake here:
We unpack alotta long cons on today's BradCast, some of them decades in the making. Among them: Trump's new position on U.S. war in places like Syria, versus his position before he became President; GOP House Speaker Paul Ryan's position on deficit spending before he and Congressional Republicans exploded the deficit and he announced on Wednesday he's retiring from the U.S. House; And, Royal Dutch Shell's position on the dangers of global warming before a new, recently revealed treasure trove of internal company documents going back to the 50's revealed their realposition on the matter.

built in RW defense mechanism in

BUT CLINTON !

What about face? Have we gone to war with Syria yet?

And of course there is the longest con of all, repealing and replacing ObamaCare.

signing_obamacare.jpg

Day 1: The Signing of ObamaCare

diint.jpg

O no he di'int!

tea_party_11.jpg

Trow da bahstahds out!

boehner.jpg

We're going to put on some theater for the rubes and repeal ObamaCare, knowing it will be stopped in the Senate and by Obama.

time_travel.jpg

Time travel forward five years...

ObamaCare is repealed for the 60th time!

ryan_laughing.jpg

The rubes never get tired of this shit!

time_travel.jpg

Time travel forward one year...

292p9q1.jpg

Trump and the GOP win! Now we can REALLY repeal ObamaCare!!!

ryan_shrugging.jpg

I can't REALLY repeal the ACA! That was just a ruse to win the election.

fu7703.jpg
I can't REALLY repeal the ACA. That was just a ruse to win the election!
ryan_3.jpg

You've had SEVEN YEARS to come up with a replacement! And you don't have one!?!?

2eehqv6.jpg

Okay. Plan B. What were all those fixes to the ACA the Democrats wanted that we obstructed?

Last edited:
Your thread would have a lot more meaning if it were posted AFTER the bombs started to fall

It was kind of a dick move to post a list, if you are pretending to want real answers.

But I am a strong Trump supporter and I am very unhappy about him allowing himself to be pushed into an increasing conflict in Syria.

I have repeatedly emailed the White House demanding exit from Syria, and less intervention in general, and suggest to my fellow Trump supporters to do the same.

And of course there is the longest con of all, repealing and replacing ObamaCare.

signing_obamacare.jpg

diint.jpg

O no he di'int!

tea_party_11.jpg

Trow da bahstahds out!

boehner.jpg

We're going to put on some theater for the rubes and repeal ObamaCare, knowing it will be stopped in the Senate and by Obama.

time_travel.jpg

crowd_1.jpg

ryan_laughing.jpg

time_travel.jpg

crowd_1.jpg
292p9q1.jpg

ryan_shrugging.jpg

ryan_3.jpg

fu7703.jpg

You've had SEVEN YEARS to come up with a replacement! And you don't have one!?!?

2eehqv6.jpg

Okay. Plan B. What were all those fixes to the ACA the Democrats wanted that we obstructed?
So true.

It was kind of a dick move to post a list, if you are pretending to want real answers.

But I am a strong Trump supporter and I am very unhappy about him allowing himself to be pushed into an increasing conflict in Syria.

I have repeatedly emailed the White House demanding exit from Syria, and less intervention in general, and suggest to my fellow Trump supporters to do the same.

why ? Trump couldn't bomb Syria with his bullshit mouth if we exit the country.

Unless there is a fool proof majority, anyone thinking such things will come to pass, you are crazy to think he could. He has gutted what he could.

This is what drives me crazy. Thinking Trump or any other president has all the power to get done exactly what they want done, is foolish.
People want to think that the President is the only one that has their hands in legislation. It is true, the last admin used his mighty pen many times, to only be forced by the courts to reverse it. If people want change then they damn well better get out their pocketbooks, and off their haunches to make sure their party gets their candidates needed to force such change into office. Otherwise, no one has a right to gripe.

signing_obamacare.jpg

diint.jpg

O no he di'int!

tea_party_11.jpg

Trow da bahstahds out!

boehner.jpg

time_travel.jpg

crowd_1.jpg

ryan_laughing.jpg

time_travel.jpg

crowd_1.jpg
292p9q1.jpg

ryan_shrugging.jpg

ryan_3.jpg

fu7703.jpg

2eehqv6.jpg

Unless there is a fool proof majority, anyone thinking such things will come to pass, you are crazy to think he could.
Bullshit. Total bullshit.

Ryan and Trump can't claim to have a replacement for Obamacare, and not really have one, and then blame their hoax on not having a foolproof majority.

The GOP massively hoaxed you, man. Wake the fuck up.

It's the fault of rubes not holding them accountable which allows them to get away with this fucking shit.

why ? Trump couldn't bomb Syria with his bullshit mouth if we exit the country.

Is your concern here, war, and the deaths of tens of thousands, min, or are you just here because it gives you a chance to be partisan?

When we have 61 seats, then get back to me.
Unless there is a fool proof majority, anyone thinking such things will come to pass, you are crazy to think he could.

Ryan and Trump can't claim to have a replacement for Obamacare, and not really have one, and then blame their hoax on not having a foolproof majority.

The rubes never once asked Trump to show his ObamaCare replacement, after demanding Obama's birth certificate for eight years.

They DESERVE to be hoaxed.

Did Reagan have a 61 seat majority?

Nope. He had a Democratic Congress and still managed to get what he wanted.

Your excuse is bogus. Totally bogus. It's the excuse of a huckster which you are parroting.

You know how you get shit done? BY HAVING A SUPERIOR PLAN.

Trump and the Republicans have NOTHING. It's all they have had for the past two decades.

Your excuse is bogus. Totally bogus. It's the excuse of a huckster which you are parroting.

Trump and the Republicans have NOTHING. It's all they have had for the past two decades.

Back in those days many Dems weren’t un-American assholes like they are today.

trump_bird.jpg

Where is Obama's birth certificate?

parrots.jpg

time_travel.jpg

trump_bird.jpg

parrots.jpg

trump_bird.jpg

I'm going to give you such great health care and at a tiny fraction of the cost!

parrots.jpg

We want to bleev it, so it must be true!

time_travel.jpg

trump_bird.jpg

Nobody knew health care was so complicated!

parrots.jpg

Damn you Obama!

He did not. He had a Republican majority in the Senate-

The composition of the 109th Congress (2005 - 2007) was as follows: Senate: 44 D, 55 R House: 202 D, 231 R The composition of the 110th Congress (2007 - ) is as follows: Senate: 49 D, 49 R House: 233 D, 198 R Reference:

And back then the parties actually believed in compromise.

Forum List

Back