Long after death, Confederate spy honored in Ark.

cowman has never read the DOI obviously.

So what are you saying? You're going to try and abolish America?

Are those fighting words? What's your first target? Who is your first target?

We've struck a whole pack of truthbergs!, She's goin' down, all secessionists abandon thread!

Let me ask a hypothetical question here. If say the UK and Germany decided to withdraw from the EU, should the EU decalre war on them to keep them in? If your answer is no, explain why a state withdrawing from the US is any different.

Nazi.Essentially what you are cowman...

No. I good sir, am an American.

It seems to me that quickly, such a term is becoming worse than Nazi to individuals like yourself. You're turning against your country, abandoning all you once loved and fought for.
Then as an American you would know what the DOI says about an oppressive government.Obviously you do not.

Long after death, Confederate spy honored in Ark. - Yahoo! News

As he should be. Great men who fought for the right to determine our own fate,interesting how 150 years later we still have morons in the msm who still think the war was fought over slavery...wonder why they don't make such a huge fuss over white slaves from Britain? I don't agree with slavery and indeed my family as far as I know never owned a slave just like a good majority of Confederate soldiers did not they fought for their homeland and their freedom...today more than ever I do wish we had succeeded.

Slavery is the DIRECT cause of the Southern States leaving the Union. Most if not all of them said SO in the letters they proclaimed their right to leave. The Civil war was fought over slavery.

The supposed State right that the Southern States were protesting was the RIGHT to slavery. They said so in just about every state that left the Union.

Your refusal to understand facts and reality are amusing.

So much stupidity its not even worth refuting you...you won't admit you are wrong anyways..
cowman has never read the DOI obviously.

So what are you saying? You're going to try and abolish America?

Are those fighting words? What's your first target? Who is your first target?

Nope. I have no interest in abolishing anything...either way Amerika is going down the drain of history as we speak...can you not see that? What I want I will get that being a free Southron Republic. Ya know Republic what our founding fathers intended us to have...something that Lincoln and his terrorists destroyed in the interests of big government....you folks need to do some reading up on good ole abe there....oh and why is it that the north had not even banished slavery until after the war? They were trying to fight a war about slavery yet they still allowed slavery...interesting...

MYTH - Only Southerners owned slaves.

FACT - Entirely untrue. Many Northern civilians owned slaves. Prior to, during and even after the War Of Northern Aggression.

Surprisingly, to many history impaired individuals, most Union Generals and staff had slaves to serve them! William T. Sherman had many slaves that served him until well after the war was over and did not free them until late in 1865.

U.S. Grant also had several slaves, who were only freed after the 13th amendment in December of 1865. When asked why he didn't free his slaves earlier, Grant stated "Good help is so hard to come by these days."

Contrarily, Confederate General Robert E. Lee freed his slaves (which he never purchased - they were inherited) in 1862!!! Lee freed his slaves several years before the war was over, and considerably earlier than his Northern counterparts. And during the fierce early days of the war when the South was obliterating the Yankee armies!

Lastly, and most importantly, why did NORTHERN States outlaw slavery only AFTER the war was over? The so-called "Emancipation Proclamation" of Lincoln only gave freedom to slaves in the SOUTH! NOT in the North! This pecksniffery even went so far as to find the state of Delaware rejecting the 13th Amendment in December of 1865 and did not ratify it (13th Amendment / free the slaves) until 1901!

Amazing...Union Generals who were supposed to be fighting to destroy slavery owned slaves! You idiots have no argument that holds water.

Let me ask a hypothetical question here. If say the UK and Germany decided to withdraw from the EU, should the EU decalre war on them to keep them in? If your answer is no, explain why a state withdrawing from the US is any different.

I'll answer that right after I hear some answers on whether the Declaration of Independence justifies a slave rebellion.

MYTH - Only Southerners owned slaves.

FACT - Entirely untrue. Many Northern civilians owned slaves. Prior to, during and even after the War Of Northern Aggression.

Surprisingly, to many history impaired individuals, most Union Generals and staff had slaves to serve them! William T. Sherman had many slaves that served him until well after the war was over and did not free them until late in 1865.

U.S. Grant also had several slaves, who were only freed after the 13th amendment in December of 1865. When asked why he didn't free his slaves earlier, Grant stated "Good help is so hard to come by these days."

Contrarily, Confederate General Robert E. Lee freed his slaves (which he never purchased - they were inherited) in 1862!!! Lee freed his slaves several years before the war was over, and considerably earlier than his Northern counterparts. And during the fierce early days of the war when the South was obliterating the Yankee armies!

Lastly, and most importantly, why did NORTHERN States outlaw slavery only AFTER the war was over? The so-called "Emancipation Proclamation" of Lincoln only gave freedom to slaves in the SOUTH! NOT in the North! This pecksniffery even went so far as to find the state of Delaware rejecting the 13th Amendment in December of 1865 and did not ratify it (13th Amendment / free the slaves) until 1901!

Amazing...Union Generals who were supposed to be fighting to destroy slavery owned slaves! You idiots have no argument that holds water.

Do you deny the content of the Mississippi proclamation of secession, where it bases its secession 1st and foremost on the preservation of slavery?

Nope. I have no interest in abolishing anything...either way Amerika is going down the drain of history as we speak...can you not see that? What I want I will get that being a free Southron Republic. Ya know Republic what our founding fathers intended us to have...something that Lincoln and his terrorists destroyed in the interests of big government....you folks need to do some reading up on good ole abe there....oh and why is it that the north had not even banished slavery until after the war? They were trying to fight a war about slavery yet they still allowed slavery...interesting...

Slavery was made illegal soon after the war, in case your dumb ass didn't realize this. There also existed free states(prior to the war) where owning a slave was illegal, as opposed to slave states. And no, "Amerika" isn't going down the drain of history as we speak. Even if we're no longer a super power, we will still remain a power. And you will not have your "Southron" Republic. We're not going to allow you to take our land, and our people, and our infrastructure.

fZXiG.jpg

God damn, your ancestors killed confederates? Sweet! Why the big hubbub about slavery then?

Last edited:
Most of us are old hands at this topic, weird to encounter such a neophyte as Dissent. He did not even know what he was talking about, just posted a lot of other people's thoughts and then scrammed when the heat was on. This was a pretty common topic back about twelve years ago when I started posting to message boards but it has been a while since anyone has tried it here, kind of nostalgic, wish he hadn't been such a paper tiger.

I'll answer that right after I hear some answers on whether the Declaration of Independence justifies a slave rebellion.

What was that? That noise? Did someone drop a pin?

Considering none of my comments have had anything to do with the DOI, I should ignore you, however the short answer is YES. The DOI basically says that when the government is governing in a way that free men can no longer tollerate, they have a right to sever their ties to that government.

That was a different time and trying to judge them by todays standards is crazy. They did nothing illegal, except try to extracate themselves from a government that by their standards had exceeded its Constitutional authority. Remeber the 10th amendment, it plainly states that there are no implied authorities in the Constitution, the federal government only had the specifically enumerated authorities.

When the federal government started expanding its reach and they had enough, they cancelled the contract that they had entered into. As free soverign states, they had that right, show me in the Constitution where it prohibits a state from succeeding.

Now, answer my question.

Last edited:

Considering none of my comments have had anything to do with the DOI, I should ignore you, however the short answer is YES. The DOI basically says that when the government is governing in a way that free men can no longer tollerate, they have a right to sever their ties to that government.

That was a different time and trying to judge them by todays standards is crazy. They did nothing illegal, except try to extracate themselves from a government that by their standards had exceeded its Constitutional authority. Remeber the 10th amendment, it plainly states that there are no implied authorities in the Constitution, the federal government only had the specifically enumerated authorities.

When the federal government started expanding its reach and they had enough, they cancelled the contract that they had entered into. As free soverign states, they had that right, show me in the Constitution where it prohibits a state from succeeding.

Now, answer my question.

The Supremacy Clause of the Constitution made secession illegal, and the restoration of the Union justifiable.

Now, answer my question.

The answer to your question is, I don't know, I have never read the agreements specific to the European Union's union.

Slavery was made illegal soon after the war, in case your dumb ass didn't realize this. There also existed free states(prior to the war) where owning a slave was illegal, as opposed to slave states. And no, "Amerika" isn't going down the drain of history as we speak. Even if we're no longer a super power, we will still remain a power. And you will not have your "Southron" Republic. We're not going to allow you to take our land, and our people, and our infrastructure.

fZXiG.jpg

God damn, your ancestors killed confederates? Sweet! Why the big hubbub about slavery then?

Its not yours to have. We all belong to the federal government didn't ya know that? Sheesh....I won't need to "take" anything...the US is falling apart the dollar is losing its power and other countries are tired of the US governments shit and we are not gonna be a power for much longer...If I actually had some folks with common sense to debate this with then I would but why waste my breath talking to idiots?

Now, answer my question.

You are somewhat clueless about who the initial aggressors were. By the time that the south fired on fort Sumter every federal customs house, arsenal, shipyard and most federal installations and properties of any kind had already been seized and hundreds of federal employees and troops had either been killed, captured or sent north. After the shelling of Ft. Sumter the confederate war minister proclaimed that the confederate flag would be waving from the capital dome in a month. It was only then that Lincoln issued a call for troops to defend the union. The war of northern aggression my ass. Southern aggression required an answer in kind.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back