Lone Survivor and Insufferable Anti-American Self-Righteousness

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
By David French, January 15, 2014

When I saw this headline on Real Clear Politics blog, I expected a leftist diatribe. Instead, it turns out the piece is written by a many with many degrees and accolades who is also a JAG captain in the Army reserve.

He then gives us a series of links to the latest Leftist attacks on the movie – and American in general.

snip

Let’s talk reality: When the film shows jihadists storming into a village and lopping off a man’s head, it understates their atrocities. I don’t know what has to be done to penetrate the thick skulls of the willfully ignorant, but the Taliban and their al-Qaeda allies are evil to a degree Americans (obviously) have trouble comprehending. I’ve relayed this litany before, but it bears repeating. Here’s a (partial) list of al-Qaeda actions in my unit’s area of operations between 2007–2008: Decapitating women and children, recording the murders up-close, and shrieking “Allah Akhbar” as they sawed off each innocent head; shooting an infant in the face with an AK-47 as a warning against collaboration with Americans; raping women to “dishonor” them, then strapping bombs on their bodies as the only way they could redeem themselves; and putting bombs in unwitting children’s backpacks then remotely detonating them at family events. Let’s also not forget the years-long suicide-bombing campaigns where civilians weren’t collateral damage – they were the target.

Snip

If you want to read more, go to Lone Survivor and Insufferable Anti-American Self-Righteousness | National Review Online

Forum List

Back