London on Lockdown

No, mo chara, but it's 2011 and the EU has expanded dramatically, and their immigration policy has changed dramatically... Britain is swamped with immigrants from the poorer EU countries. And, with that, has seen a massive increase in crime, costs to its health service, welfare, etc. You cannot have that situation without some kind of occasional backlash by the indigenous people.

It is far, far, far more complex than you appreciate.... you take everything as an insult to the left.... it really isn't meant to be. It is a comment on decades of progressively liberal agendas.

If you want evidence, research it for yourself. I'm not gonna spoon feed you - but I suggest you read actual research and not media articles. And.... I didn't actually say - or mean to infer - that the article was a lie.... just that a 30 year old article is not actually gonna help you understand Britain in 2011.... but I'm sure it helped provide you with bullshit to whine about.

Your opinion is not fact, as much as you wish it to be. The evidence you claim exists isn't evidence at all, it is merely what you wish to believe.

See the post after yours....now that it what evidence looks like.

Evidence? Really? Firstly it only references a proportion of the immigration into Britain. Secondly, It appears to make no reference to the thousands of self-employed brick layers, carpenters, plumbers etc who found themselves without work because the polish immigrants undercut the market. Many customers later found at, at their cost, why it was an unwise decision to employ a foreign and unknown worker. It says nothing about the more significant uncontrolled immigration from third world countries and the drain it makes on the British taxpayer.

It's all very well for you to smugly opine your opinions based on recent news reports, but the fact remains that, not being a resident of Britain, you can only scratch the surface of the deeper knowledge required to gain a better understanding of what is really going on here. You want some facts about how immigration has spiralled out of control under Labour and more importantly why...then read this. Something we British already knew about, but clearly you didn't.

The huge increases in migrants over the last decade were partly due to a politically motivated attempt by ministers to radically change the country and "rub the Right's nose in diversity", according to Andrew Neather, a former adviser to Tony Blair, Jack Straw and David Blunkett.
He said Labour's relaxation of controls was a deliberate plan to "open up the UK to mass migration" but that ministers were nervous and reluctant to discuss such a move publicly for fear it would alienate its "core working class vote".
As a result, the public argument for immigration concentrated instead on the economic benefits and need for more migrants.
Critics said the revelations showed a "conspiracy" within Government to impose mass immigration for "cynical" political reasons.
Mr Neather was a speech writer who worked in Downing Street for Tony Blair and in the Home Office for Jack Straw and David Blunkett, in the early 2000s.

Sir Andrew Green, chairman of the Migrationwatch think tank, said: "Now at least the truth is out, and it's dynamite.
"Many have long suspected that mass immigration under Labour was not just a cock up but also a conspiracy. They were right.
"This Government has admitted three million immigrants for cynical political reasons concealed by dodgy economic camouflage."
The chairmen of the cross-party Group for Balanced Migration, MPs Frank Field and Nicholas Soames, said: "We welcome this statement by an ex-adviser, which the whole country knows to be true.
"It is the first beam of truth that has officially been shone on the immigration issue in Britain

Labour wanted mass immigration to make UK more multicultural, says former adviser - Telegraph

And here is what Alan Johnson had to say about his OWN party's immigration policy:

Alan Johnson, the Home Secretary, has admitted for the first time that the Government has been inept over its handling of immigration which has increased pressure on local jobs and services

The comments echo long-standing concerns from some local authorities who say their limited resources, such as housing, education and health, have been severely hit by sudden influxes of large numbers of migrants in to their communities.

Mr Johnson also appeared to criticised some of his predecessors for allowing a backlog of failed asylum seekers and unreturned foreign national prisoners to build up.

It emerged in 2006 that there was a backlog of up to 450,000 so-called "legacy cases" that officials are now having to work through. At the time, John Reid, the then Home Secretary, described the immigration and asylum service "not fit for purpose".

Government 'maladroit' on immigration, says Home Secretary - Telegraph

There's an old adage...a little information is a dangerous thing. This thread proves the point!

colin, free movement in the eu concerns citizens of the eu.

i posted that study in response to the brat's queefing (#822) about the immigration of eu citizens.

you demonstrated a nice case of confirmation bias, too.

The rocket science intellect on display with comments such as 'free movement in the eu concerns citizens of the eu' is seriously underwhelming. :lol:

One study is not confirmation. Confirmation is the decades of studies that clearly showed huge damage being done to the most vulnerable in Britain's society - research that even the Labour Government could not deny. So much so that they changed their own policy. And yet, American Liberals think they know better. Fucking laughable. :lol:

Your opinion is not fact, as much as you wish it to be. The evidence you claim exists isn't evidence at all, it is merely what you wish to believe.

Evidence? Really? Firstly it only references a proportion of the immigration into Britain. Secondly, It appears to make no reference to the thousands of self-employed brick layers, carpenters, plumbers etc who found themselves without work because the polish immigrants undercut the market. Many customers later found at, at their cost, why it was an unwise decision to employ a foreign and unknown worker. It says nothing about the more significant uncontrolled immigration from third world countries and the drain it makes on the British taxpayer.

It's all very well for you to smugly opine your opinions based on recent news reports, but the fact remains that, not being a resident of Britain, you can only scratch the surface of the deeper knowledge required to gain a better understanding of what is really going on here. You want some facts about how immigration has spiralled out of control under Labour and more importantly why...then read this. Something we British already knew about, but clearly you didn't.

And here is what Alan Johnson had to say about his OWN party's immigration policy:

Alan Johnson, the Home Secretary, has admitted for the first time that the Government has been inept over its handling of immigration which has increased pressure on local jobs and services

The comments echo long-standing concerns from some local authorities who say their limited resources, such as housing, education and health, have been severely hit by sudden influxes of large numbers of migrants in to their communities.

Mr Johnson also appeared to criticised some of his predecessors for allowing a backlog of failed asylum seekers and unreturned foreign national prisoners to build up.

It emerged in 2006 that there was a backlog of up to 450,000 so-called "legacy cases" that officials are now having to work through. At the time, John Reid, the then Home Secretary, described the immigration and asylum service "not fit for purpose".

There's an old adage...a little information is a dangerous thing. This thread proves the point!

i posted that study in response to the brat's queefing (#822) about the immigration of eu citizens.

Yes, I do know that there is free movement within the EU, but thanks anyway for the lesson! I'm talking about uncontrolled immigration. Confirmation bias? Really? Whatever sails your boat pal.

I just heard that a lot of the looters were employed.

I guess that shoots that theory in the ass.

Better late than never. I posted as much days ago when all the USMB 'experts' were saying it's all about the poor. But hey! What does the word of a local count when those who live in foreign lands know so much more than the likes of those who live here.

Yes, I do know that there is free movement within the EU, but thanks anyway for the lesson! I'm talking about uncontrolled immigration. Confirmation bias? Really? Whatever sails your boat pal.

don't complain about the study not mentioning non eu immigration, when the study concerns immigration of eu citizens, and was posted in response to unsupported spurious bullshit concerning immigration of eu citizens.

if you read at least part of the study, you'd see criticism as well, and the limitations of the study is mentioned as well.

Yeah, well, I guess it is to be expected.

At least Colin made an effort to back up his opinion.

Better late than never. I posted as much days ago when all the USMB 'experts' were saying it's all about the poor. But hey! What does the word of a local count when those who live in foreign lands know so much more than the likes of those who live here.
Wait, I thought you said the Poles took all the jobs? Are these employed people Polish?

don't complain about the study not mentioning non eu immigration, when the study concerns immigration of eu citizens, and was posted in response to unsupported spurious bullshit concerning immigration of eu citizens.

if you read at least part of the study, you'd see criticism as well, and the limitations of the study is mentioned as well.

Perhaps you don't understand the English language too well, but I didn't complain about NOT mentioning EU immigration. I pointed out that the nub of the problem was UNCONTROLLED immigration! Got IT? But go ahead and make something out of something I DIDN'T say. It seems to be the norm on these boards, so why change!

Perhaps you don't understand the English language too well, but I didn't complain about NOT mentioning EU immigration. I pointed out that the nub of the problem was UNCONTROLLED immigration! Got IT? But go ahead and make something out of something I DIDN'T say. It seems to be the norm on these boards, so why change!

It seems to be SOP for some. Accuse others of saying something they didn't say and then creating an issue of it.

Also, it appears that people want to have an opinion without actually having a basic understanding of the country or it's people. You and I have both stated - time and again - that the issue is uncontrolled immigration - but it appears that people cannot see the word 'uncontrolled'. They think we're making it about immigrants. How dumb is that? :lol:

Clueless people - many of whom have not set foot in your country - think they know shit they don't know. They think your system is our system, they think your 'conservatives' are like our 'conservatives'. They don't have any concept of the impact of EU immigration on your country. Nor do they understand the consequence of the EUHRA on Britain. But no doubt they have an opinion. :lol:

"Evidence? Really? Firstly it only references a proportion of the immigration into Britain. Secondly, It appears to make no reference to the thousands of self-employed brick layers, carpenters, plumbers etc who found themselves without work because the polish immigrants undercut the market. Many customers later found at, at their cost, why it was an unwise decision to employ a foreign and unknown worker. It says nothing about the more significant uncontrolled immigration from third world countries and the drain it makes on the British taxpayer."

maybe you need to learn to express yourself more clearly instead of blaming me for not understanding what you meant to express.

Yeah, well, I guess it is to be expected.

At least Colin made an effort to back up his opinion.

Which is ten times more than you've done! :lol:

Wait, I thought you said the Poles took all the jobs? Are these employed people Polish?

You're the expert. You tell me!

"Evidence? Really? Firstly it only references a proportion of the immigration into Britain. Secondly, It appears to make no reference to the thousands of self-employed brick layers, carpenters, plumbers etc who found themselves without work because the polish immigrants undercut the market. Many customers later found at, at their cost, why it was an unwise decision to employ a foreign and unknown worker. It says nothing about the more significant uncontrolled immigration from third world countries and the drain it makes on the British taxpayer."

maybe you need to learn to express yourself more clearly instead of blaming me for not understanding what you meant to express.

Maybe you need to learn how not to distort things to suit your own agenda or mood.

Maybe you need to learn how not to distort things to suit your own agenda or mood.

why so pissy.

read my posts again. it is clear and unambiguously stated what i meant to convey.

you, however, are just spouting.

i bolded one of the many problems you seem to have with the english language.

then take a step back, and think about who in this thread is actually smugly opining.

i have no specific beef with you, but come at me sideways like that, you will get served.

bon appetit.

What I get from this thread.

The right wing-leaning peeps blame everything on:

Liberals
Liberal policies
Blacks
Muslims
Too tolerant an immigration policy
Moral decay

In fact all the things that countries all over the world struggle with and YET NO ONE ELSE, aside from dictator led countries, IS HAVING RIOTS.

why so pissy.

read my posts again. it is clear and unambiguously stated what i meant to convey.

you, however, are just spouting.

i bolded one of the many problems you seem to have with the english language.

then take a step back, and think about who in this thread is actually smugly opining.

i have no specific beef with you, but come at me sideways like that, you will get served.

bon appetit.

Just responding in like terms old boy.

Forum List

Back