LOL GOP Leader Cantor Doesn't Know How Bills Become Law

Cantor's Act is entirely Constitutional, does not alter the process, and is obviously completely over your head.

You seem to believe that they will be voting on the GOP Budget, which they will not. You need to re-read your own quote, VERY SLOWLY.

Cantor's Act will have to pass the House, then the Senate, then go back to Joint Session, then to the President.

But other than that, cool story bro!

HAHAHA You sure are a faithful little troll aren't you?

Too bad all of that GOP dick sucking didn't help you with reading comprehension.

Cool post bro! If you think failed posts are cool.

Read the quote again. It's crystal clear.

Announced by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) on Wednesday, the legislation would make it so that “if the Senate fails to pass a measure before April 6, 2011 providing for the appropriations of the departments and agencies of the Government for the remainder of fiscal year 2011, H.R. 1 (as passed by the House on February 19, 2011) becomes law.”

And NONE of that is different at all from our current process.

You understand that Cantor's Act is a piece of legislation, don't you?

I'd venture that Eric Cantor has forgotten more about government in the last 20 minutes than you've learned in the last 20 years.

But somehow he can't remember how bills become law (something I learned as a child). And you're still gladly sucking his dick. "Don't listen to them, Mr. Cantor, you're the best *gurgle gurgle*"

Do you honestly believe that Eric Cantor, and his staff, and the entire Congress are not aware of their own rules?
You aren't the most clueless moron on this board. BUt that's only because competition is so stiff. So I guess you fail at even that.

I don't know, ass-stain, how about you ask Cantor? He's trying to say that he can make a bill law without the Senate or the President being involved.

You aren't the most stupid....oh wait, yes you are.

Now get back to sucking that dick. Cock-face.

Federal Judge:

The Democrat House, The Democrat Senate and the Marxist Junior President Oprah voted for and forced through a unconstitutional bill using tax payer bribes, backroom deals and borrowed trillions.......

Abort a democrat

stay Free

Last edited:
Cantor's Act is entirely Constitutional, does not alter the process, and is obviously completely over your head.

You seem to believe that they will be voting on the GOP Budget, which they will not. You need to re-read your own quote, VERY SLOWLY.

Cantor's Act will have to pass the House, then the Senate, then go back to Joint Session, then to the President.

But other than that, cool story bro!

HAHAHA You sure are a faithful little troll aren't you?

Too bad all of that GOP dick sucking didn't help you with reading comprehension.

Cool post bro! If you think failed posts are cool.

Read the quote again. It's crystal clear.

Announced by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) on Wednesday, the legislation would make it so that “if the Senate fails to pass a measure before April 6, 2011 providing for the appropriations of the departments and agencies of the Government for the remainder of fiscal year 2011, H.R. 1 (as passed by the House on February 19, 2011) becomes law.”

And NONE of that is different at all from our current process.

You understand that Cantor's Act is a piece of legislation, don't you?

Are you in denial, are you a liar, or are you just stupid? What don't you understand about that quote? ANd what makes you think it's the same process always used? He says that if the Senate fails to pass a budget measure, the GOP's bill automatically becomes law. ANd you think that's how it works? Sounds like you need to get back to school. Maybe you and Cantor can carpool. :lol::lol::lol:

\

I don't know, ass-stain, how about you ask Cantor? He's trying to say that he can make a bill law without the Senate or the President being involved.

No, he isn't. You WISH he was saying that, but you're too stupid to realize that he isn't saying that at all.

Read it SLOWLY.

The Act, and the Budget are two different things. If the Act passes, the Budget gets implemented. The Act is ALL that is being voted on, and it is being voted on in the House, then the Senate, then the Joint Session, and onto the President.

You WISH he was saying what you're telling us he is saying, but he isn't.

Its ok.

A lot of the nuance of politics and Law doesn't start sinking in until you've been through more than one election.

But somehow he can't remember how bills become law (something I learned as a child). And you're still gladly sucking his dick. "Don't listen to them, Mr. Cantor, you're the best *gurgle gurgle*"

Do you honestly believe that Eric Cantor, and his staff, and the entire Congress are not aware of their own rules?
You aren't the most clueless moron on this board. BUt that's only because competition is so stiff. So I guess you fail at even that.

I do notice that this Democrat man often talks about sucking cocks.

Telling really

Democrat men have been feminized

This is funny. GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor seems to have forgotten (or maybe he never knew) how bills become law. First comes the House, then comes the Senate, then they negotiate. If they reach an agreement, the bill goes to the President to sign. Cantor thinks the House GOP can bypass the Senate and the President.

Wow! I bet he as least read it though. You mention one way that Bills become Law, just curious as to when you think the EPA or the IRS gave a Rat's Ass about the Constitution or Due Process. Bitching over the Deck Chair layout of the Titanic, suits you. ;)

Ignoring the fact that Cantor doesn't know how laws are made and desperately trying to change the subject suit you just fine. :clap2:

What Fact? I thought this Thread was a typical Cross Burning? This is really important stuff, run with it, right off the pier! ;)

Wow! I bet he as least read it though. You mention one way that Bills become Law, just curious as to when you think the EPA or the IRS gave a Rat's Ass about the Constitution or Due Process. Bitching over the Deck Chair layout of the Titanic, suits you. ;)

Ignoring the fact that Cantor doesn't know how laws are made and desperately trying to change the subject suit you just fine. :clap2:

What Fact? I thought this Thread was a typical Cross Burning? This is really important stuff, run with it, right off the pier! ;)

He argues that Cantor doesn't how laws are made and completely ignores the fact that Cantor's proposal is labeled an "Act." I wonder if he knows what an "Act" is.

They will vote on his Act, not the Budget.

But that doesn't make as good a story as the hack-rant he is spewing without thinking it through.

It is always funniest to me when someone's ignorance defeats their own intellectual thesis.

\

No, he isn't. You WISH he was saying that, but you're too stupid to realize that he isn't saying that at all.

Read it SLOWLY.

The Act, and the Budget are two different things. If the Act passes, the Budget gets implemented. The Act is ALL that is being voted on, and it is being voted on in the House, then the Senate, then the Joint Session, and onto the President.

Its ok.

A lot of the nuance of politics and Law doesn't start sinking in until you've been through more than one election.

Yeah, ok. Whatever you need to tell yourself. It's right there in black and white. I guess you're too fucking stupid to read now.

By the way, ass-face, I've been voting since 1996.

“What this bill says is it reiterates again the deadline, and that the Senate should act before the deadline, and that’s what the American people are expecting. The bill then says if the Senate does not act, then H.R. 1 [the House-passed bill] will be the law of the land.” - Eric Cantor

So sorry, Mini. That's not how it works.

\

Read it SLOWLY.

Its ok.

Yeah, ok. Whatever you need to tell yourself. It's right there in black and white. I guess you're too fucking stupid to read now.

“What this bill says is it reiterates again the deadline, and that the Senate should act before the deadline, and that’s what the American people are expecting. The bill then says if the Senate does not act, then H.R. 1 [the House-passed bill] will be the law of the land.” - Eric Cantor

That is EXACTLY how it works.

You just don't understand the process.

Its ok, son.

You'll get it, one day.

Read it SLOWLY.

Its ok.

Its ok, son.

You'll get it, one day.

Really? Show me where it says that something becomes the law of the land after only one house of Congress passes it. I'll wait......

I do notice that this Democrat man often talks about sucking cocks.

Telling really

Democrat men have been feminized

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Its ok, son.

You'll get it, one day.

Really? Show me where it says that something becomes the law of the land after only one house of Congress passes it. I'll wait......

It doesn't.

The point you're missing is that they haven't even voted on it once yet. It has been introduced in the House as an Act.

You need to study some Poli-Sci. This is obviously new to you.

This is funny. GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor seems to have forgotten (or maybe he never knew) how bills become law. First comes the House, then comes the Senate, then they negotiate. If they reach an agreement, the bill goes to the President to sign. Cantor thinks the House GOP can bypass the Senate and the President.

Cantor Debuts Bill That Would Make GOP Budget Law Of Land Should Shutdown Become Imminent

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans will introduce legislation, likely by the end of this week, that would make it so that if Congress is unable to come to an agreement over an operating budget, the GOP’s version would simply become law of the land.

The bill, titled “The Government Shutdown Prevention Act,” is designed for the purposed described in its title. In terms of partisan equity, it’s lacking.

Announced by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) on Wednesday, the legislation would make it so that “if the Senate fails to pass a measure before April 6, 2011 providing for the appropriations of the departments and agencies of the Government for the remainder of fiscal year 2011, H.R. 1 (as passed by the House on February 19, 2011) becomes law.” The bill also stipulates that Members of Congress and the President will not get salary payments in the event of a shutdown or the U.S. debt limit being reached.

The idea that Congress would use the GOP’s preferred spending levels as a de-facto fall-back should a shutdown become imminent (the government runs out of funds on April 8) ignores the fact that Senate Democrats have rejected passing HR1 since the onset of the government funding debate. Why not, as Democrats are bound to do, insist that the current spending levels be the law of the land should no agreement between the parties be reached?

He was clear it was a symboic measure:

Asked about how a measure facing such Democratic opposition -- and having passed only one chamber — could be deemed the “law of the land,” Cantor responded: “We are trying to say this: We have not had any indication that the Senate is interested in changing the status quo. We’re about trying to cut spending here. We’re about trying to demonstrate to the American people again and again the Republican House has said, look, come work with us. Cut spending. Again, there’s two options here. Either you’re going to keep spending the way you are and you’ve got to raise taxes, so if that’s the case, show us your tax-increase plan. If not, join us in cutting spending.”

House Republicans plan symbolic bill to pressure Senate on shutdown

House Republicans plan symbolic bill to pressure Senate on shutdown - 2chambers - The Washington Post

Shut down the Democrat debt ridden Chinese Borrowed Gov't and instantly gain a 35% pay raise in withheld taxes?

LOL

DO IT NOW!!!!!

Democrat Healthcare Bills become law when you bribe congressmen in backroom deals against the will of the people with borrowed Tax payer monies from your grandkid's future even though the bill is unconsitutional, stealing everyday freedoms from mainstreet Americans, without Democrats actually reading the bill and forcing the vote at 2:00AM in the morning, hiding from the media and the voters before they can prove the bill is a fraud, a lie and the greatest travesty in the last 70 years in American history.

Is that how?

:cuckoo:

Welcome. It's always nice to hear the opinion of one more RW moron. You have made the list (sorry Huggy):

Whitehall
Yota5
LostAmerican
The Seeker
JRK
Slukasiewski

All are brand new members of this message board and RW Fringers. Are there this many this stupid? Or, is the management of the USMB not doing their job (or are they)?

Its ok, son.

You'll get it, one day.

It doesn't.

The point you're missing is that they haven't even voted on it once yet. It has been introduced in the House as an Act.

Exactly. So then, why is Cantor holding press conferences talking about it? I realize it's a symbolic move. I realize it will never happen. Did I ever say otherwise? Show me where I said anything of the sort.

You need to study some Poli-Sci. This is obviously new to you.

So, because I understand how laws are made, I must be new to this? What does that make you?

So, because I understand how laws are made, I must be new to this? What does that make you?

The Act and the Budget are separate.

They have not passed the Act, they did not pass the Budget. The Act has not even become a Bill yet.

If they make the Act a Bill, then pass that and make it a Law, they will have voted to accept the Budget they refused in its own Bill. Then the President still has to sign it.

Cantor knows it cannot pass, but it was a brilliant move to keep the heat on the Senate, which is all it was intended to do. Where you came up with all of this "Cantor doesn't understand the process" crap is anyone's guess, but it obviously did not come from understanding the process well enough to see that Cantor's Act is a completely separate action from the Bill that sits idle in the Senate, and that passing or vetoing one does not exclude the other.

Its ok to be wrong.

That's how you learn.

You seem to be learning a lot lately. :)

“What this bill says is it reiterates again the deadline, and that the Senate should act before the deadline, and that’s what the American people are expecting. The bill then says if the Senate does not act, then H.R. 1 the House-passed bill] will be the law of the land.” - Eric Cantor

Its ok, son.

You'll get it, one day.

Look ass hole! If Cantor's bill passes the House, Senate and is not vetoed by the President, the budget, as passed by the House, becomes law. The language that circumvents the Senate and the President is written into this act. Passing this act, in effect, passes the house budget.

Oh and I have been voting since 1970 when I turned 21

Last edited:

Forum List

Back