LOL GOP Leader Cantor Doesn't Know How Bills Become Law

Are all these democrats angry at the failure of Pork-ulus 1, pork-ulus 2, Obama's Mortgage Care, Tarp 2, the GMC takeover, Clunkers, perpetual Obama Unemployment, 14 trillion in debt or the illegal increase in wars around the world.....it is so hard to tell anymore.........

I was tricked by BUSH!!!!!

This is funny. GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor seems to have forgotten (or maybe he never knew) how bills become law. First comes the House, then comes the Senate, then they negotiate. If they reach an agreement, the bill goes to the President to sign. Cantor thinks the House GOP can bypass the Senate and the President.

Cantor Debuts Bill That Would Make GOP Budget Law Of Land Should Shutdown Become Imminent

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans will introduce legislation, likely by the end of this week, that would make it so that if Congress is unable to come to an agreement over an operating budget, the GOP’s version would simply become law of the land.

The bill, titled “The Government Shutdown Prevention Act,” is designed for the purposed described in its title. In terms of partisan equity, it’s lacking.

Announced by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) on Wednesday, the legislation would make it so that “if the Senate fails to pass a measure before April 6, 2011 providing for the appropriations of the departments and agencies of the Government for the remainder of fiscal year 2011, H.R. 1 (as passed by the House on February 19, 2011) becomes law.” The bill also stipulates that Members of Congress and the President will not get salary payments in the event of a shutdown or the U.S. debt limit being reached.

The idea that Congress would use the GOP’s preferred spending levels as a de-facto fall-back should a shutdown become imminent (the government runs out of funds on April 8) ignores the fact that Senate Democrats have rejected passing HR1 since the onset of the government funding debate. Why not, as Democrats are bound to do, insist that the current spending levels be the law of the land should no agreement between the parties be reached?

This from a liberal who supports the fascist punk obama.The same obama who thought there is 57 states in the union,lol

So, because I understand how laws are made, I must be new to this? What does that make you?

The Act and the Budget are separate.

They have not passed the Act, they did not pass the Budget. The Act has not even become a Bill yet.

If they make the Act a Bill, then pass that and make it a Law, they will have voted to accept the Budget they refused in its own Bill. Then the President still has to sign it.

Cantor knows it cannot pass, but it was a brilliant move to keep the heat on the Senate, which is all it was intended to do. Where you came up with all of this "Cantor doesn't understand the process" crap is anyone's guess, but it obviously did not come from understanding the process well enough to see that Cantor's Act is a completely separate action from the Bill that sits idle in the Senate, and that passing or vetoing one does not exclude the other.

Its ok to be wrong.

That's how you learn.

You seem to be learning a lot lately. :)

Paint it how you wish. Cantor made a fool of himself. He can say it's symbolic; that it's meant as a motivator. But the fact of the matter is that he just looks like an ass.

And you look like even more of an ass for your staunch defense.

So, because I understand how laws are made, I must be new to this? What does that make you?

They have not passed the Act, they did not pass the Budget. The Act has not even become a Bill yet.

If they make the Act a Bill, then pass that and make it a Law, they will have voted to accept the Budget they refused in its own Bill. Then the President still has to sign it.

Cantor knows it cannot pass, but it was a brilliant move to keep the heat on the Senate, which is all it was intended to do. Where you came up with all of this "Cantor doesn't understand the process" crap is anyone's guess, but it obviously did not come from understanding the process well enough to see that Cantor's Act is a completely separate action from the Bill that sits idle in the Senate, and that passing or vetoing one does not exclude the other.

Its ok to be wrong.

That's how you learn.

Paint it how you wish. Cantor made a fool of himself. He can say it's symbolic; that it's meant as a motivator. But the fact of the matter is that he just looks like an ass.

You really still do not get it, do you?

Sigh......

Be clueless. You're not the first, and won't be the last.

Hate the guy, but hate him for a reason that doesn't show your ignorance.

That is EXACTLY how it works.

You just don't understand the process.

Its ok, son.

You'll get it, one day.

Really? Show me where it says that something becomes the law of the land after only one house of Congress passes it. I'll wait......

Look ass hole! If Cantor's bill passes the House, Senate and is not vetoed by the President, the budget, as passed by the House, becomes law. The language that circumvents the Senate and the President is written into this act. Passing this act, in effect, passes the house budget.

Oh and I have been voting since 1970 when I turned 21

Look, twat-stain, the Senate will not pass Cantor's bill; the president will not sign Cantor's bill.

After reading the Democrat supporters responses here, the answer to obama's 14 trillion dollar debt, Obama inflation, Obama unemployment, Obama's unconstitutional stolen healthcare, and 4 wars in the middle east is for men to suck each others cock?

Really? Show me where it says that something becomes the law of the land after only one house of Congress passes it. I'll wait......

Look ass hole! If Cantor's bill passes the House, Senate and is not vetoed by the President, the budget, as passed by the House, becomes law. The language that circumvents the Senate and the President is written into this act. Passing this act, in effect, passes the house budget.

Look, twat-stain, the Senate will not pass Cantor's bill; the president will not sign Cantor's bill.

Granted, but it will serve it's purpose of showing that it is democrats, not Republicans that have caused any government shut down.
A side benifit is that it showed just how fucking clueless you are.

Its ok to be wrong.

That's how you learn.

Sigh......

Listen, you presumptuous ass, I never claimed that the bill will become law.I understand how the process works. I realize it's a symbolic move. It's a waste of time. I just think it's funny. And you're damn right I'm going to point it out. Why not? Righties keep bringing up "57 states" every chance their little brains get.

Granted, but it will serve it's purpose of showing that it is democrats, not Republicans that have caused any government shut down.
A side benifit is that it showed just how fucking clueless you are.

A side benefit is that you're a fucking pussy.

Sigh......

Listen, you presumptuous ass, I never claimed that the bill will become law.I understand how the process works. I realize it's a symbolic move. It's a waste of time. I just think it's funny. And you're damn right I'm going to point it out. Why not? Righties keep bringing up "57 states" every chance their little brains get.

Kind of an odd title, and an odd argument, until you changed your purpose, no?

Sigh......

Kind of an odd title, and an odd argument, until you changed your purpose, no?

LOL How did I change the purpose? It's clear from the start that my intention was to make fun of Cantor, not engage in a philosophical debate on the intricacies of the bill process. But while we're talking about it, you're the same guy who argued for multiple pages on another thread that because the House passed a bill defunding NPR, that meant that NPR was defunded, no matter what the Senate said (sounds familiar). Well, as we all know, NPR has not yet been defunded (like I told you over and over). So, if you don't mind, I'll take your opinions on Congress with a teaspoon of salt.

\

LOL How did I change the purpose? It's clear from the start that my intention was to make fun of Cantor, not engage in a philosophical debate on the intricacies of the bill process. But while we're talking about it, you're the same guy who argued for multiple pages on another thread that because the House passed a bill defunding NPR, that meant that NPR was defunded, no matter what the Senate said (sounds familiar). Well, as we all know, NPR has not yet been defunded (like I told you over and over). So, if you don't mind, I'll take your opinions on Congress with a teaspoon of salt.

Got a link to where I said that about NPR?

Didn't think so.

And from your first post, your first few sentences:

This is funny. GOP House Majority Leader Eric Cantor seems to have forgotten (or maybe he never knew) how bills become law. First comes the House, then comes the Senate, then they negotiate. If they reach an agreement, the bill goes to the President to sign. Cantor thinks the House GOP can bypass the Senate and the President.

So you went from that to "it was just to make fun of Cantor," after we pointed out that the reason you were using to make fun of Cantor showed your own stupidity, and not Cantor's.

I'll wait for that link on where I said the Senate's action didn't matter regarding NPR.

Until the 12th of Nevruary, I'm sure.

Cantor Debuts Bill That Would Make GOP Budget Law Of Land Should Shutdown Become Imminent

WASHINGTON -- House Republicans will introduce legislation, likely by the end of this week, that would make it so that if Congress is unable to come to an agreement over an operating budget, the GOP’s version would simply become law of the land.

The bill, titled “The Government Shutdown Prevention Act,” is designed for the purposed described in its title. In terms of partisan equity, it’s lacking.

Announced by House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.) on Wednesday, the legislation would make it so that “if the Senate fails to pass a measure before April 6, 2011 providing for the appropriations of the departments and agencies of the Government for the remainder of fiscal year 2011, H.R. 1 (as passed by the House on February 19, 2011) becomes law.” The bill also stipulates that Members of Congress and the President will not get salary payments in the event of a shutdown or the U.S. debt limit being reached.

The idea that Congress would use the GOP’s preferred spending levels as a de-facto fall-back should a shutdown become imminent (the government runs out of funds on April 8) ignores the fact that Senate Democrats have rejected passing HR1 since the onset of the government funding debate. Why not, as Democrats are bound to do, insist that the current spending levels be the law of the land should no agreement between the parties be reached?

Dude, you don't understand the article you posted at all

Cantor's Act is entirely Constitutional, does not alter the process, and is obviously completely over your head.

You seem to believe that they will be voting on the GOP Budget, which they will not. You need to re-read your own quote, VERY SLOWLY.

Cantor's Act will have to pass the House, then the Senate, then go back to Joint Session, then to the President.

But other than that, cool story bro!

No, you need to reread what Cantor claimed.

The funniest part of this story are the mentally handicapped on the right trying to defend Cantor.

Cantor's Act is entirely Constitutional, does not alter the process, and is obviously completely over your head.

You seem to believe that they will be voting on the GOP Budget, which they will not. You need to re-read your own quote, VERY SLOWLY.

Cantor's Act will have to pass the House, then the Senate, then go back to Joint Session, then to the President.

But other than that, cool story bro!

No, you need to reread what Cantor claimed.

The funniest part of this story are the mentally handicapped on the right trying to defend Cantor.

And another illiterate, politically clueless moron checks in!

Dude, you don't understand the article you posted at all

Why don't explain to us, in detail, what he got wrong.

Entertain us.

Forum List

Back