Local To Me: Police Shoot Wrong Man, In Black Friday Shooting...

but they didn't say if it was justifiable or not
I wait for the evidence before I go burning/looting/lynching

Let me begin by saying how much I dislike agreeing with Vastator on this issue. Even in the slightest. Especially since he shares many of the same views with you. I don’t know if this is an awakening on his part, or you being your usual combative self, but either way, I don’t like it.

I must admit, you wanting to wait for information, or evidence, before jumping to conclusion is laughable. Considering that anytime a Black person cuts off a White in traffic you’re on here screaming about how the Blacks have all the trouble coming to them because of their criminal nature etc.

Unsurprising, you find there is nothing wrong with an innocent, legally armed, citizen getting shot down for trying to help people escape the shooter. Now, we don’t have the police side of it, but we do have a long history of what the police do when they have evidence. They rush that evidence out to show that the shooting was justified, thus taking the wind out of the sails of those who would otherwise rally support to protest. Instead, they are sitting on any video, and not briefing the press on what the initial investigation has discovered. That usually means that the cops don’t look too good in the situation. Especially if they did stop a Nurse from providing first aid to the victim of their mistake.

Now, we’re all dancing around the subject, but we all know that the cops aren’t going to be charged. No way in hell. Not unless the video clearly shows the victim waving his hands, with his gun in his belt, trying to get the targets away from the shooter. In that case, if the police rolled up, and without warning fired, then they might face some official misconduct charges. But it is more likely that they’ll be fired, or resign, and take a job with another department.

It’s one of the reasons I never call the cops about anything I don’t absolutely have to. One example, and about the only time I’ve called the cops in the last decade, was to report that I had been in a minor fender bender and give my location for the police report. Even then, I was wary, because I was armed at that time. I presented the officer with my CCW, and followed his instructions. But that was a daylight calm incident where everyone was behaving calmly, and even then I was concerned that the cop might overreact.

The times, they are a changing, and the standards for the police use of force, are going to be changing too, tightening down, becoming more restrictive. And that will probably upset you to no end. Since it may mean fewer innocent black people dead.
......black cutting off a white = stupid shit--has nothing to do with this and not even CLOSE to comparable

I ask you, so people/cops should be guilty without a trail/charged without evidence?

Why not, you demand the same of every black that is accused of any crime at all.
got it--guilty without a trial/etc
and the COPS are the bad guys......??!!!!! :rolleyes-41:
I just watched Hang em High where they hang an innocent man
maxresdefault.jpg

And what a travesty that was eh? But a black man shot down for what? Who cares right?
Hang em High--no trial --no anything
and --what does the COLOR of the person have to do with it!!!!!!!!!?????????
there--RIGHT there is bullshit --BLACK

This is what a two tier justice system results in. Now I gotta put up with this shit.

All this shit could be avoided if we had one law to rule them all.

Hoover officials met with the family of the man that was mistakenly shot, as an active shooter on Black Friday. Today’s Christmas tree lighting was indefinitely postponed. They claim it was in honor of the slain; but the reality is that it was because of the still ongoing protests.
Alabama mayor, councilman apologize to family of man fatally shot at mall on Thanksgiving

This shit is already effecting my income. I make a sizable amount of my money in Hoover. Business has been disrupted since this event.

Things are really heating up here locally, and it’s quite a big deal here. Hoover is already bracing for a sizable lawsuit. And ALEA still isn’t releasing any footage. Not a “good sign” in my opinion, and the opinion of many of us here locally. The secrecy is really serving to promote a sense of misconduct/damage control.
Is this story making headlines anywhere else? Or is it mostly just a locally notorious event?

Hoover officials met with the family of the man that was mistakenly shot, as an active shooter on Black Friday. Today’s Christmas tree lighting was indefinitely postponed. They claim it was in honor of the slain; but the reality is that it was because of the still ongoing protests.
Alabama mayor, councilman apologize to family of man fatally shot at mall on Thanksgiving

This shit is already effecting my income. I make a sizable amount of my money in Hoover. Business has been disrupted since this event.

Things are really heating up here locally, and it’s quite a big deal here. Hoover is already bracing for a sizable lawsuit. And ALEA still isn’t releasing any footage. Not a “good sign” in my opinion, and the opinion of many of us here locally. The secrecy is really serving to promote a sense of misconduct/damage control.
Is this story making headlines anywhere else? Or is it mostly just a locally notorious event?

This one is more local, those who are interested have to search to find the news about it. That doesn’t make it less tragic, just swamped with other news which is viewed nationally by those who decide that sort of thing, as less important than Trump, Trump, Trump, and the cold weather, and storms, and how they’re all Trump’s fault.

There are a lot of stories that are like that. Interesting, but swamped by Trump, Trump, Trump, another naked photo shoot by a Kardashian, and of course Trump. I agree this one is more important than a lot of the Trump is awful nonsense, but that doesn’t change the news. I also agree that the delay in releasing information including any video, looks bad, and probably is bad. Remember Chicago refused to release the video for Jason Van Dyke shooting Laquan Macdonald. When it was finally released, it proved nothing that the cops had said, and everything that the detrators had said. I’m afraid that Alabama is now going to enjoy the same sort of thing. Probably for the same reason.

I said before, I don’t like agreeing with you. I still don’t. However, I like truth, far more than I dislike individuals because of beliefs. And you are speaking truth in the thread. Keep posting the updates, and if nobody else is interested, I am. Then again, I have to search google for Asia Bibi news too, so this may just join that search every couple days.

these are very dynamic situations--
..this Black Friday shooting is perfect example

reminds me of the Tacoma Mall shooting:
.....the guy HOLSTERED his weapon and tried to ORDER the shooter to put down the weapon.......???!!!!
Tacoma Mall shooting - Wikipedia
Most shootings have a Dynamic element to them. My problem is with the response by Gov., and the departments when something like this happens. Cops almost always get a pass on killing the wrong man. If it were Mike the CCW’r, or Joe homeowner... He be going to jail at the very least. He’ll be paying for his own lawyer, probably lose his job while awaiting trial... And there will be a trial. Not for the cop. He gets an extended period of paid time off to cry it out, while countless tens of thousands of dollars are spent on his behalf, in order to protect him and his department from the consequences of his actions. It’s pretty disgusting really. Especially in light of the fact that police are supposed to be trained to react in “dynamic” situations that involve guns. The regular guy, often isn’t.
Well the job of being a Cop is getting easy to get into. Many Dept are loosing Patrolmen to the Civilian sector because being a LEO has become a bad job, you have poor Bosses, Broward County is a good point, and the hate from certain segments are a pain to put up with. Time has changed you are on your own. Many LEOs are not in a hurry to serve you. Many drive the speed limit, no chargeable accidents, and most of the time the killing, or shooting has stopped, they run out of ammo. You write your report and turn it over to the Homicide people. In some special cases if another LEO calls for help and the person is a known pain in the ass for blowing follow officers in for violations, they are on their own. Sad but true in todays LEO world. I really can't blame them the Liberal have taken the job quit or get promoted. With a Liberal as a boss just do the job and shut up.

Update: turns out the guy was a Vet, and police issued no orders before shooting him in the face, and denying him medical treatment...
Police ‘saw young black man with a gun’ and shot him, father says after Galleria police killing
representing the family
father says
the father and the attorney representing the ''victim'' said this
they would not be unbiased :rolleyes-41:

and Mike Brown had his hands up
AND his friend/witnesses said blah blah blah which were found to be lies
I'll wait for credible evidence, not this
this is your typical MSM CRAP = no evidence
fool me/you once.......
along with this pic
MQSDA6JJTNCKJEKEBBKNWEV4V4.jpg
Looks like the Pix is posed. Just does not look right.

.....the guy HOLSTERED his weapon and tried to ORDER the shooter to put down the weapon.......???!!!!
Most shootings have a Dynamic element to them. My problem is with the response by Gov., and the departments when something like this happens. Cops almost always get a pass on killing the wrong man. If it were Mike the CCW’r, or Joe homeowner... He be going to jail at the very least. He’ll be paying for his own lawyer, probably lose his job while awaiting trial... And there will be a trial. Not for the cop. He gets an extended period of paid time off to cry it out, while countless tens of thousands of dollars are spent on his behalf, in order to protect him and his department from the consequences of his actions. It’s pretty disgusting really. Especially in light of the fact that police are supposed to be trained to react in “dynamic” situations that involve guns. The regular guy, often isn’t.
Well the job of being a Cop is getting easy to get into. Many Dept are loosing Patrolmen to the Civilian sector because being a LEO has become a bad job, you have poor Bosses, Broward County is a good point, and the hate from certain segments are a pain to put up with. Time has changed you are on your own. Many LEOs are not in a hurry to serve you. Many drive the speed limit, no chargeable accidents, and most of the time the killing, or shooting has stopped, they run out of ammo. You write your report and turn it over to the Homicide people. In some special cases if another LEO calls for help and the person is a known pain in the ass for blowing follow officers in for violations, they are on their own. Sad but true in todays LEO world. I really can't blame them the Liberal have taken the job quit or get promoted. With a Liberal as a boss just do the job and shut up.
Additionally the officers are more in service to the body politic, than they are the people.

depends on the situation, yes?
....don't the cops usually call for the person to drop the weapon and/or ID themselves as cops? where as a CCW does not have the same authority?
...I read ''a lot'' of stories where I think the CCW person is guilty, but they get off
Zimmerman for one
..I read one time, some jerk stole a car radio..the owner chased after him, shot him- not guilty..also Florida I think
...Florida loud music shooting, the guy did not report shooting his weapon and that he thought his life was in danger = this is wrong...he was found guilty
...the Walmart [ so many !! ] shooting --found not guilty ..I thought the CCW guy was wrong and should've be found guilty
I have a CCW and had a noise complaint the LEOs in the area were all busy, so I talked with the guy next door. He was about half drunk, he turned down the noise after I just told him that I was going to have a bug party next door and if he wanted to turn up the noise so he can return the favor for me. He turn it down so far you could not hear it. Oh he is from Mexico might not be legal so he did not want a LEO to show up and did not want to have a lot of blk "noise" from next door.

depends on the situation, yes?
....don't the cops usually call for the person to drop the weapon and/or ID themselves as cops? where as a CCW does not have the same authority?
...I read ''a lot'' of stories where I think the CCW person is guilty, but they get off
Zimmerman for one
..I read one time, some jerk stole a car radio..the owner chased after him, shot him- not guilty..also Florida I think
...Florida loud music shooting, the guy did not report shooting his weapon and that he thought his life was in danger = this is wrong...he was found guilty
...the Walmart [ so many !! ] shooting --found not guilty ..I thought the CCW guy was wrong and should've be found guilty

How was Zimmerman guilty?
Zimmerman wasn`t guilty because of Florida`s right to shoot an unarmed man law. It`s not unusual in our former traitor slave states where the ku kluxxers and their supporters get to write the laws.
You should note that the Fed in the 5th Courts rules that anymore than two people beating the hell out of a person is a felonly and he can use deadly force. This is from 1963 a lone LEO was attacked in a Miami parking garage by three brothers, he killed all three with a sidearm. Next case was in Ft Lauderdale a lone plain clothes LEO was beaten up and his sun glasses and gun was taken and he killed two with his hands. Court ruled that the killing was justified because in the incident they became armed by taking his gun, note it was unloaded fake, but this makes no different in the case.

Forum List

Back