Lmao the Senate overides Obamas veto

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
This is hilarious ...

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/white-house-senate-override-9-183813076.html

White House Press Secretary Josh Earnest on Wednesday called the Senate's override vote on legislation that would allow the families of 9/11 victims to sue Saudi Arabia the "most embarrassing thing" the legislative body has done in decades.

It's "the single most embarrassing thing the United States Senate has done possibly since 1983," he told reportersafter news broke of the Senate's 97-to-1 vote

The first of his presidency

Obama = a bunch, Republicans = 1

Families should be able to sue. Now make it easier to sue giant corporations by getting rid of some protections....will they ever do the right thing and do that?

This is one of the few times I have to agree with O'Bama. This is a bad, stupid, thoughtless law. It will subject U.S. citizens, companies, and the U.S. government itself to countless future lawsuits for actions they have taken overseas. Just as important, the DISCOVERY process in those lawsuits will compel the U.S. defendants (including the Government) to produce mountains of documents and records that should never see the light of day, and will tie up resources for decades.

Furthermore, the victims of "9/11" have already received their personal life insurance payouts, their employment-related life insurance payouts, and millions of dollars (EACH ONE OF THEM!) of borrowed money from the U.S. government.

That's more than enough. People die. Live with it. Move on.

This is one of the few times I have to agree with O'Bama. This is a bad, stupid, thoughtless law. It will subject U.S. citizens, companies, and the U.S. government itself to countless future lawsuits for actions they have taken overseas. Just as important, the DISCOVERY process in those lawsuits will compel the U.S. defendants (including the Government) to produce mountains of documents and records that should never see the light of day, and will tie up resources for decades.

Furthermore, the victims of "9/11" have already received their personal life insurance payouts, their employment-related life insurance payouts, and millions of dollars (EACH ONE OF THEM!) of borrowed money from the U.S. government.

You make a darn good argument. But maybe some accountability will slow those fuckers down. They just do whatever they want, all over the world. Fuck that.

The attack was in the United States.

Also, we didn't do anything to Saudi Arabia. A political/economic war is going to be a lot worse for them than us. Back channel we should tell them to take their lumps and fight it in court or we're going at them politically and economically as well for their helping attack the United States

Let the lawsuits fly. The ones against the US will come in in droves.

You guys have never understood why you don't start trade wars or weapons races, they never pay off.

What's up with this bill popping up 15 years after 911?

that's ^^^ like asking why the 19th Amendment to the US constitution came about in 1920------144 years AFTER the Declaration of Independence was signed

Doesnt matter. You can get these guys to eat a turd if you told them Obama was against turd eating.

Let the lawsuits fly. The ones against the US will come in in droves.

You guys have never understood why you don't start trade wars or weapons races, they never pay off.

Saudi Arabia is guilty of participating in, funding and enabling a major attack on the United States. They'd better tread carefully on this. It's about time there's a consequence for what they did.

Here's some chicken feed, have a nice breakfast

Doesnt matter. You can get these guys to eat a turd if you told them Obama was against turd eating.

You endlessly mindlessly intone this idiocy. What specifically have Republicans opposed because Obama was for it?

I'll pass. Obama had some dog and I will likely pass on that as well. Unlike Trump voters Obama voters don't seek to be just like him as if he were some little god like Trump.

If Trump said beat your wives and I'll win the hospitals would be overwhelmed.

What's up with this bill popping up 15 years after 911?

that's ^^^ like asking why the 19th Amendment to the US constitution came about in 1920------144 years AFTER the Declaration of Independence was signed

You saying the GOP in control after 911 put a stop to any such legislation?

You'd have to back that up. My understanding is that it was always blocked. What are you basing the claim they stopped it after 9/11 based on?

97 Senators are Republican?

And they'll gladly have trump spit in their mouths to wash them down, and then say, "Thank you Sir, may I have another!"

I'll pass. Obama had some dog, I will likely pass on that as well. Unlike Trump voters Obama voters don't seek to be just like him as if he were some little god like Trump.

If Trump said beat your wives and I'll win the hospitals would be overwhelmed.

Since liberals all have the same position on every issue and you justify them with the same talking points, Obamaettes don't need to strive to be like him. You already are

Forum List

Back