Lloyd Austin Resignation

This is no big deal. He had surgery that is of a private nature and didn't want the general public to know about it. No harm done.

Let it go.

Parenthetically, I think it is a mistake to appoint a retired General to SecDef. The whole point of the position is that the Armed Forces should be under the management of a civilian. Maybe someone who was an enlisted man, but definitely not a General.

Yes, how dare he get prostate cancer and need an emergency procedure. Better put him in prison. Right away. How dare he have cancer. How dare he.

This is no big deal. He had surgery that is of a private nature and didn't want the general public to know about it. No harm done.

Let it go.

Parenthetically, I think it is a mistake to appoint a retired General to SecDef. The whole point of the position is that the Armed Forces should be under the management of a civilian. Maybe someone who was an enlisted man, but definitely not a General.
The issue isn’t that the public didnt know. The President/WH nor his second knew. That’s the problem. I do t even care if they knew why he was going in for surgery, but the fact that he was and would be unavailable to carry out his duties as cabinet member is relatively important. Can you just not show up for work for a week without telling your boss and it be ok?

There is something really strange going on when the Defense Secy. comes up missing and nobody in the media thinks there is a serious problem in the Biden administration.

Forum List

Back