Living Document or Not?

Yawn...
"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."
Anatole France

How prescient, Anatole France saw the Roberts' Court from the past.

Yawn,

Another leftie following Alinsky and trying to score points with ridicule. How trite and tiresome.

The Kenyan?

see what you have wrought.

If a president is elected who doesnt do your personal bidding they are not even president.

The right not only doesnt believe in the constitution they dont believe in the democracy the founders left us.

You spew constant hate on government unless it does exactly what you want.

You spew hate on the constitution of for an by the people as planned by the founders and pretend you are SAVING the constitution from the Americans who own it.

IT IS NOT YOURS you assholes it is OURS.

Your faction was out voted in how the constitution serves the people.

Move if you hate democracy so much

Did you support the government under President Bush? But when obama starts following the Constitution he will begin to be the President. not until

They each acted on what was best for the country, not what was best for their political party

First of all, what does that have to do with Constitutionality? If the First National Bank was good for the country that excuses a lack of explicit Constitutional permission for it in your view?

Second, are you nuts? The first Adams administration is a case study in naked partisanship.

Yes we know you do not care for the truth you lying hack. You are fine with destroying the Constitution, well except when Republicans are in charge, then you whine like a baby stuck with a safety pin.

How cute , bullshit laced with personal insults.

Heres the deal you asshole, the founders left us the constitution, Not just you right wing hacks but the entire country full of people.

They left us a document that was designed to grow with the people of the future.

It is OUR document not theirs. They intended it that way.

under them most Americans could not even vote.

The one amendment that liberals would love to get rid of

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
Notice those last four words?
shall not be infringed. That means no matter how hard to try, cry complain, sluck, hold your breath, stamp your feet it can never be changed.

Where the fuck did I say I wanted guns banned you fucking asshole?

Now if you are trying to make me FEAR you because you talk about getting rid of me and then talkk about your fucking guns then I have a few words for you.

You are a chicken shit hiding behind a keyboard and talking about killing your fellow Americans because you dont agree with them.

This is the right, you are all about the constitution belonging ONLY to you and all other Americans have no rights.

Go get your fucking gunb abd come after me and see what the fuck happens to you.

You will be dead before you get off one shot on me.
Do you even get how UNAMERICAN that is you rat shit bastard?

They each acted on what was best for the country, not what was best for their political party

First of all, what does that have to do with Constitutionality? If the First National Bank was good for the country that excuses a lack of explicit Constitutional permission for it in your view?

Second, are you nuts? The first Adams administration is a case study in naked partisanship.

Where'd the National Bank and Louisiana Purchase go? John Adams? What?!

Dory3.gif

None of them reduced the concept of "limited national government" to smoking pile of rubbish. So what's your point?

There is no founding precedent for what the left has done in the last 80 years or the last 18 months. Attempting to find a fig leaf to hide behind is unseemly and frankly ridiculous.

The Constitution can be changed but there is a process that must be followed. and approved by the majority of Americans. Not the majority in congress.

It is not changing the Constitution that makes it a living document but the interpretation of the document! The Supreme Court changes the constitution every time it makes a ruling. That is why appointing Justices to the court is so important to the future.

Heres the deal you asshole, the founders left us the constitution, Not just you right wing hacks but the entire country full of people.

They left us a document that was designed to grow with the people of the future.

Amendment II

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
shall not be infringed. That means no matter how hard to try, cry complain, sluck, hold your breath, stamp your feet it can never be changed.

Now if you are trying to make me FEAR you because you talk about getting rid of me and then talkk about your fucking guns then I have a few words for you.

You are a chicken shit hiding behind a keyboard and talking about killing your fellow Americans because you dont agree with them.

This is the right, you are all about the constitution belonging ONLY to you and all other Americans have no rights.

Go get your fucking gunb abd come after me and see what the fuck happens to you.

LOL I do not say anything behind a persons back that I wouldn't say to their face. But I could say the same about you. Brave talk for someone hidden behind a computer screen.

I suggest that you re-read what what you posted and then get back to me.

"They left us a document that was designed to grow with the people of the future."

It is the leberals life goal to get rid of the second amendment.

The Constitution of the United Stated of America is the document that organizes our system of government and secures our rights as citizens of this great Nation. You might have heard or read in recent time that this document is a “Living Document”. You might even recall that Al Gore made this point in 2000 during the presidential campaign. You may also be aware that Barrack Obama supports this concept as he wrote in his book, “The Audacity of Hope”. Many others also support this idea and have written about it over the years but does that make it a reality?

Progressives believe this wholeheartedly as it was they who originally started this concept, going back to Presidents Theodore Roosevelt and Woodrow Wilson as well their Supreme Court Justices Louise Brandeis and Oliver Wendell Holmes. They created the idea that instead of referring to the actual document we could refer to our own case law and their decisions in future matters. They believed they knew better than the founding fathers. These very same progressives were those who supported eugenics’ and it’s use it to eliminate the black race. These initiatives where hidden in plain sight mixed with more tame ideals such reductions in corruption and improvements to government efficiency.

Ask yourself if our Constitution was intended to be a “Living” Constitution why is that we never heard of witnessed those words until 1937 when Prof. Howard McBain wrote a book with that title. No earlier record shows any reference to this and you certainly will not find this mentioned by any of our founding fathers but our education system teaches this as a guiding principle to our youth. There is no shortage of this concept anywhere you look so to the undiscerning eye this seems like a logical and sound rationale. You will read books and articles by classically trained Authors and journalist referring to this concept like it’s understood fact without regard to the original source documents.

Now the Progressives of the early 20th Century did bring us some key ideas that I will not attempt to challenge here although each can be in great length. They did bring us Child Labors laws and the idea of “Trust Busting” as well as Prohibition. OK, maybe Prohibition didn’t work out so well, but I digress. They also supported Conservationism and Reclamation as well as Union Labor. Even though they are responsible for these changes does not make it right for them to change the entire foundation of our Government. Let us not overlook or dismiss the thoughts and words of those who designed this great nation.

In Federalist 45, ”the powers delegated by the proposed Constitution to the federal government are few and defined. Those which are to remain in the State governments are numerous and indefinite”. The Constitution from its very origin was the frame of a national government made up of special and enumerated powers, and not of general and unlimited powers. Thomas Jefferson said it best, “Let no more be heard of trust in men, but bind them down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” And possibly the most powerful of his arguments, “On every question of construction carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed.”

Do our leaders follow this guideline today? You be the judge.

Cheers.

The ideas behind the 'living constitution' certainly proceed the 20th C. Here's a paper that begins to look back:

http://www.acslaw.org/files/Gillman-Vanderbilt Paper 9-2007.pdf

Political Development and the Origins of the
“Living Constitution”

By Howard Gillman
September 2007

9gbrs1.png

Constitution in Exile

well well well,

turning back the clock is no way to move forward

Yes we know you do not care for the truth you lying hack. You are fine with destroying the Constitution, well except when Republicans are in charge, then you whine like a baby stuck with a safety pin.

Fucktard chimes in and says blah blah blah.

Marxists/Progressives/Leftists say constitution "lives" through courts.... conservatives recognize constitution "lives" through the legislature.. as intended.

Amendment II

LOL I do not say anything behind a persons back that I wouldn't say to their face. But I could say the same about you. Brave talk for someone hidden behind a computer screen.

I suggest that you re-read what what you posted and then get back to me.

"They left us a document that was designed to grow with the people of the future."

It is the leberals life goal to get rid of the second amendment.

Only in your parinoid brain asshole.

I support the right to bear arms.

I dont know one single American who doesnt.

Its bullshit and telling this stupid lie makes you even more of an asshole.

You come at me in real life and see what happens to you.

Im a 50 year + old lady but you will still see fight and NO fright.

You do not scare me in the least so shove your veiled threats up your ass.

Thomas Jefferson - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

This man knew a little about the formation of our government and did the lousiana purchase and the cumberland road.

I think you people dont really know what the founders wanted.

You dare use Thomas Jefferson as a source? Liberals using Jeffeson is like Tits on a bull.

OK here are a few quotes from Jefferson

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.
Thomas Jefferson

Leave no authority existing not responsible to the people.
Thomas Jefferson

A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.
Thomas Jefferson

All tyranny needs to gain a foothold is for people of good conscience to remain silent.
Thomas Jefferson

Commerce with all nations, alliance with none, should be our motto.
Thomas Jefferson

Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.
Thomas Jefferson

Every government degenerates when trusted to the rulers of the people alone. The people themselves are its only safe depositories.
Thomas Jefferson

shall I continue?

The Constitution can be changed but there is a process that must be followed. and approved by the majority of Americans. Not the majority in congress.

It is not changing the Constitution that makes it a living document but the interpretation of the document! The Supreme Court changes the constitution every time it makes a ruling. That is why appointing Justices to the court is so important to the future.

Never said it was a living document I just said it can be changed and we have certain steps or procedures that must be followed when that happens

Dear asshole tell me why he saw the Lousiana purchase and the cumberland road as fitting into his definition of the constitution?

I say actions speak much louder than words and you are obviously taking his words to mena what they dont huh?

It is a living document just like the previous poster said.

The Scotus has to do this with every decision.

They are a arbitors of the final definition of the constitution.

They have already desided that what is being done under the constitution in this country today are within its bounds.

YOU people who insist something wrong is being done today are Anti constitution by the boundries of the laws of this country.

YOU DO NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO DESIDE , the SCOTUS did it already.

Only in your parinoid brain asshole.

I support the right to bear arms.

I dont know one single American who doesnt.
Then how does all those gun grabbers get elected to office if these type of poeople do not exist?

Its bullshit and telling this stupid lie makes you even more of an asshole.
What lie?

You come at me in real life and see what happens to you.
Your fatal mistake if that ever happened

Im a 50 year + old lady but you will still see fight and NO fright.

You do not scare me in the least so shove your veiled threats up your ass.
Never mind I don't lay hands on a woman, unless they are threatening my life and have the means and are capible of carring out their threat.

Dont go arround threatening your fellow Americans no matter what equipment they bare.

Now face the facts that Jefferson KNEW how to interpret the constitution into action better than you do.

Forum List

Back