Live in NJ and want to cut in line for a covid shot? Take up smoking cigarettes

I'm trying to get into the minds of the Far Left governor of New Jersey on why he is pushing chain smokers to the front of the vaccine line. Actually, if the guv wanted to increase tobacco tax revenue, he'd decrease the tax and attract people from other states to pick up their coffin nails in the garden state.

Because every time they increase the cigarette tax, more people quit smoking. I'm guessing the Governor feels it's better to keep as many of them alive now to continue taxing them than increase the tax yet again, and have some quit.

Actually not true, indeed over 40% of the price of cigarettes is excise tax, but that only accounts for less than half the increase in price.
In my opinion, that tx needs to be at minimum twice as high. With all of the excise proceeds going to the treatment of lung cancer/heart disease.
Not just the government pot.

Very little of it goes to treatment for lung and heart disease. For Democrats, it's fun money. When Al Gore was VP, he placed a class action lawsuit on behalf of states that greatly increased the price of cigarettes, so in a way you can call that a tax too. Many states didn't use that money for what they said they were going to use it for. It became a slush fund for most.

A lot of states decided to dedicate taxes of ciggies to "free" medical insurance for kids, so they could explain to their voters that they wouldn't have to pay for this new welfare program- only if they decided to buy smokes.

Of course, it all turned out to be bullshit, funding a program that will cost more and more every year with a tax on a product that is declining in popularity.

That's why DumBama drastically increased cigarette taxes, to help fund the SCHIP's program for kids.

And who is whining about who gets the vaccine first?

People who don't believe the pandemic is real

Claim the virus isn't deadly

Won't wear face coverings

Don't practice social distancing

Fuck off

Just making shit up as you go along again, huh Lush. You don't know who's complaining and who's not, or their political affiliation. For crying out loud, it's Democrats making the vaccine political, not Republicans. You know, that vaccine some Democrats said they'd never take because it was produced under President Trump?
Don't even pretend that what I said above isn't true

Fuck off

Just making shit up as you go along again, huh Lush. You don't know who's complaining and who's not, or their political affiliation. For crying out loud, it's Democrats making the vaccine political, not Republicans. You know, that vaccine some Democrats said they'd never take because it was produced under President Trump?

I don't know if it's true because I don't know any of the people complaining, and neither do you. What I do know is how Democrats politicize everything including the vaccine. In some states they wanted minorities to get it first, in other states the homeless to get it first. Here in Jersey, they want smokers to get it first.

Fuck off

I don't know if it's true because I don't know any of the people complaining, and neither do you. What I do know is how Democrats politicize everything including the vaccine. In some states they wanted minorities to get it first, in other states the homeless to get it first. Here in Jersey, they want smokers to get it first.
What I know...is that MAGArats do NOT take the virus seriously and MAGArats are whining here.

You do the math

What I know...is that MAGArats do NOT take the virus seriously and MAGArats are whining here.

You do the math

Because when a commie makes a post, they want to discuss a topic. When a conservative makes a post, they are whining.

Some didn't take the virus seriously. It was an individual choice. People don't think the same way. If we all did, nobody would be addicted to dope. Nobody would be driving around drunk smashing into people killing them. We wouldn't have a need for political parties because we all believed the same thing.

You do the math

Because when a commie makes a post, they want to discuss a topic. When a conservative makes a post, they are whining.

Some didn't take the virus seriously. It was an individual choice. People don't think the same way. If we all did, nobody would be addicted to dope. Nobody would be driving around drunk smashing into people killing them. We wouldn't have a need for political parties because we all believed the same thing.

I've met a few "lesh" in my life. They are bitter, hateful, racist people who you run away from. They hate themselves and project their own hate everywhere.

Forum List

Back