‘Live’ Feed of the Apollo 11 Launch

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
As is, complete with 1969 commercials, 50 years ago today. Aside from the launch, interesting to watch the news of that day. Many topics, but all presented as facts in a monotone voice without bias. 4 hours long, so you can watch the entirety or fast forward to the meat and potatoes.
8 years prior to this man hadn’t even reached space yet.
Unless you’re 55+, you probably don’t remember when man hadn’t walked on the moon.

Last edited:
I remember well. I was in a house of ill repute in Juarez and executed a landing the same time as Apollo11.

As is, complete with 1969 commercials. Aside from the launch, interesting to watch the news of that day. Many topics, but all presented as facts in a monotone voice without bias. 4 hours long, so you can watch the entirety or fast forward to the meat and potatoes.
Unless you’re 55+, you probably don’t remember when man hadn’t walked on the moon.

I was 12 years old, not only remember the launch [I believe it was referred to as "blastoff" back then and eventually changed to "liftoff"] but I also rmember the lunar landing...my mother worked for Grumman Aerospace who built the LEM they drove around on the moon, she was in charge of the electrical harness for the vehicle that bears her initials, a bit of bragging yes but true. thanx for the video

As is, complete with 1969 commercials. Aside from the launch, interesting to watch the news of that day. Many topics, but all presented as facts in a monotone voice without bias. 4 hours long, so you can watch the entirety or fast forward to the meat and potatoes.

I was 12 years old, not only remember the launch [I believe it was referred to as "blastoff" back then and eventually changed to "liftoff"] but I also rmember the lunar landing...my mother worked for Grumman Aerospace who built the LEM they drove around on the moon, she was in charge of the electrical harness for the vehicle that bears her initials, a bit of bragging yes but true. thanx for the video

Future Father-in-Law was an Engineer on the 2nd stage. Have a number of pictures of him standing around looking at blueprints with a number of the astronauts. I watched the landing with my grandma, who survived the San Francisco quake and remembered when cars came to town for the first time. And of course remembered the news of the Wright brothers.

I was 4, but I do remember watching it with my parents.
Grew up as a rocket geek as my childhood was watching many launches.
Really disappointed in our current space program. Thought we would have been further along by now

Really disappointed in our current space program. Thought we would have been further along by now
Yeah, when you look at the leaps of technology from 1840 - 1970 and compare it to 1970 - present, we have a definite decline.

Yeah, when you look at the leaps of technology from 1840 - 1970 and compare it to 1970 - present, we have a definite decline.
At the pace we had in the 1970's, I thought by now we would be building larger vehicles in orbit with Mars already visited.
Now we are hitching rides from the Russians.

Nothing much more left to do in space that we are capable of...the Japanese are looking into new types of rocket propulsion systems that are tiny in size but more concentrated for better propulsion through space with short bursts instead of steady streams and we are looking into a way of harnessing energy from everything in space that emits energy in an attempt to send humans as deep into space as possible and allow them to stay there longer...the moons of the 4 outer planet show some promise but the planets themselves are a bust as they are just gaseous giants with no way of landing a spacecraft.

I was 13 during the Apollo 11 voyage, personally I thought it was a pretty boring event on TV.

It took forever, Armstrong et al walked around so slowly.

Compared to "Lost in Space" , it just wasn't a very entertaining program.

I was 13 during the Apollo 11 voyage, personally I thought it was a pretty boring event on TV.

It took forever, Armstrong et al walked around so slowly.

Compared to "Lost in Space" , it just wasn't a very entertaining program.
I can agree with that! We all didn't recognize the meaning as 13 year olds. today, however, I would cherish the repeat of the event. the mars rover for instance!!!!

Forum List

Back