Little piece of info before evryone goes nuts if Repubs reject Obama SCOTUS appt.

Has anyone thought to ask why this fancy-shmancy hunting lodge didn't have any medical personnel on the premises?

One might wonder if the rush to get Scalia "processed" and removed from the ranch might have more to do with the potential for lawsuits than anything else.

Did you actually put any thought into that post? Do you maintain emergency medical personnel at your home 24/7/365?

It is kind of hard to sue someone for dying. What ridiculous scenario are you hinting at?

...Obama voted against both Bush appointees...so...yeah

So you have no problem allowing Obama the same courtesy of a vote?

Actually no...I do not believe it is the Senate's job to outright block an appt. no matter what. My point is before everyone goes crazy when Repubs vote against someone, that Obama voted against BOTH of Bush's appt's.
The 2nd point is top Dems did and said the same thing back in 2007.

Actually no...I do not believe it is the Senate's job to outright block an appt. no matter what. My point is before everyone goes crazy when Repubs vote against someone, that Obama voted against BOTH of Bush's appt's.
Let the Senate do their job and interview and vote on the prospective Justice.

McConnell has said he won't even talk to anyone Obama proposes

And BTW rightwinger - does Obama have any responsibility to NOT appoint someone that he KNOWS will be denied??
We will see...but I will not be surprised that he will purposefully pick a clear leftist judge knowing damn well he/she will not get appointed.
Whose fault will that be?

I think in the end, Obama will get his nominee passed.

He only has to find 14 Pussies in the Republican Party to vote his way...and there are way more Pussies than that in the Establishment Senate of the Republican Party.

I figure he will appoint his Justice Department Hack--a Black Woman he hunted up last year out of oblivion to finish the job of corrupting the Justice Department which Holder so ably began....and then he will wait for about 48 hours before he starts hollering:

Racism!!!!

Sexism!!!!

And then the Republican Establishment Pussies in the Senate will start to fold....Obama will have 14 in his pocket by this summer.

And BTW rightwinger - does Obama have any responsibility to NOT appoint someone that he KNOWS will be denied??
We will see...but I will not be surprised that he will purposefully pick a clear leftist judge knowing damn well he/she will not get appointed.
Whose fault will that be?
He is under no obligation to choose a conservative
He will endorse the judge he thinks is best suited. Just like he did the other two times

Obama can appoint one of those judges that was approved unanimously for a lower court appointment and then make Republicans make fools of themselves trying to come up with reasons that suddenly this guy is evil.

Any Republican incumbent who caves on this will be primaried out office. Best any thinking of caving start writing their retirement statements now and avoid the rush.

Good. Primary the traitors and get even winguttier Republicans to run for the Senate in a Presidential year. Please encourage that nationally.

so in other words no consent

In other words

Republicans do not care who is the proposed Justice. They only care that THEY be the ones proposing the Justice

In other words

Republicans do not care who is the proposed Justice. They only care that THEY be the ones proposing the Justice

that's because they're hacks.

Has anyone thought to ask why this fancy-shmancy hunting lodge didn't have any medical personnel on the premises?

One might wonder if the rush to get Scalia "processed" and removed from the ranch might have more to do with the potential for lawsuits than anything else.

Did you actually put any thought into that post? Do you maintain emergency medical personnel at your home 24/7/365?

It is kind of hard to sue someone for dying. What ridiculous scenario are you hinting at?

Do you know the difference between a private residence and a resort? Your posts don't indicate that you do.

Forum List

Back