Little Green Men??

I wouldn't put much thought into this particular theory of his. I don't feel they'd be hostile if they're that advanced. Most of our wars are a fight over unrenewable resources, and if they're so far advanced that they can reach us, I'm thinking they're well past those sorts of issues.

If an alien ship appeared hovering above Washington DC, tomorrow what actions would be taken by the president, congress, world and religious leaders?

They'd probably stop worrying so much about Mexicans illegals, for one thing.

Then they'd try to figure out a way to off planet the rest of our jobs.

Last edited:
Even if an alien ship hovered over the White House, the government would explain it away as a reflection of the planet Venus through swamp gas and most of you would do a Frank Pentangeli and say "Yeah! Sure!"

This is a little offbeat, but it might be fun.

ABC news reported that in a new Discovery Channel documentary, which premiered Sunday night, British astrophysicist Stephen Hawking said that communicating with aliens could be a threat to Earth. Hawking said it is likely that alien life exists, but a visit from extraterrestrials might be similar to Christopher Columbus' arrival in the Americas. "If aliens visit us, the outcome would be much as when Columbus landed in America, which didn't turn out well for the Native Americans," he said. "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet."

If an alien ship appeared hovering above Washington DC, tomorrow what actions would be taken by the president, congress, world and religious leaders?

Stephen Hawking, considered by many to be one of the most brilliant scientific minds of the day, is a British theoretical physicist, whose scientific career spans over forty years. His books and public appearances have made him an academic celebrity. In 2009 was awarded the Presidential Metal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States.

Stephen Hawking: Alien Contact Could Be Risky - ABC News

That is one potentially valid theory. Still, isn't there a little bit of projection going on in it? Truly superior beings (in that they would have found us rather then we finding them) might very well be better behaved than we would expect based on our own past and present actions.
I say its a craps shoot.
Just like us, we're pretty well fucked, but aren't we anyway?
Worse than us, the end is near!
Wiser, kinder, and more evolved than us...we'd start some shit, and be pretty well fucked.
In the end, Hawkins is probably correct, but maybe not for the reasons he thinks. Maybe, but maybe not.

FLOPPER:
So there is a good chance that we can continue with the belief that we are the center of the universe and the most important of God's creatures.

China thought so once upon a time, and for a good long time too. :eusa_whistle:

Hollywood can continue to make millions on dumb sci-fi flicks and I can try not to start any more dumb discussions like this in a political forum.

I like this thread! You shouldn't try to stop, its helpful to look at different angles of existence and to consider possible what is deemed impossible.

I wouldn't put much thought into this particular theory of his. I don't feel they'd be hostile if they're that advanced. Most of our wars are a fight over unrenewable resources, and if they're so far advanced that they can reach us, I'm thinking they're well past those sorts of issues.

Then again, they could be alienazis with a pseudo-religious commandment to purge the universe of the lesser races. :eek:

I believe aliens are already here AND running our government...

It would make sense to sterilize the planet as the main force makes it's way here... What better way than to use the fedgov to destroy it...lol

How else do you explain Franken's election..??

I believe aliens are already here AND running our government...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGVl-vXdBmM]YouTube - George Bush Senior : Confirmed Reptilian humanoid[/ame]

tinfoil_hat.jpg

Would they be 'people' with rights?

They probably don't think the same as we do. We developed the concept for rights here, they're probably different elsewhere.

Wait, so Asians don't have rights if they don't adhere to Locke's liberalism?

Asians are humans also, and probably think like most humans re: freedom, because they're sentient enough to realize that life is more enjoyable with less restrictions on it.

That some Governments and oppressed societies don't come to..... or grant those realizations..... don't make them any less (or more) desirable.

I saw your thread on "rights." It's not profound at all.

It's only even thought provoking to the Religious. I'm not Religious, I don't believe we were "bred" to think the way that we think by a greater being; thus, I concluded that the concept of "Rights" was a concept developed by humans in an ATTEMPT, albeit never perfect or all inclusive, to develop a more desirable society (in general terms) for our species. It's not that deep, if you don't believe in Gods or Goddesses or Designers-of-us.

They probably don't think the same as we do. We developed the concept for rights here, they're probably different elsewhere.

Asians are humans also, and probably think like most humans re: freedom, because they're sentient enough to realize that life is more enjoyable with less restrictions on it.

Wait, so a species that with super-c travel probably isn't smart enough to develop philosophy? Probably isn't sentient? Probably isn't smart enough to have fun? Probably adheres to the hive-mind and lack of individualism that made the CCCP such a powerhouse of technological achievement compared t the liberal democracies?

Really?
I just asked a question. The answer, it seems, is 'no'- there are no non-religious/non-metaphysical argument for the existence of 'natural rights'. But if you, my little wigger would-be ghetto rapper friend, want to discuss the matter, I suppose I've a few minutes to humour you.

Wait, so a species that with super-c travel probably isn't smart enough to develop philosophy? Probably isn't sentient? Probably isn't smart enough to have fun? Probably adheres to the hive-mind and lack of individualism that made the CCCP such a powerhouse of technological achievement compared t the liberal democracies?

Really?
I just asked a question. The answer, it seems, is 'no'- there are no non-religious/non-metaphysical argument for the existence of 'natural rights'. But if you, my little wigger would-be ghetto rapper friend, want to discuss the matter, I suppose I've a few minutes to humour you.

:lol: You're a tool. Have a nice day.

Right, so your assumptions are questioned and you cut and run. Not surprising that little wigger would-be ghetto rapper couldn't engage in intelligent and fair discussion.

Right, so your assumptions are questioned and you cut and run. Not surprising that little wigger would-be ghetto rapper couldn't engage in intelligent and fair discussion.

You think you should be entertained, with the denigrating shit you say, dude? You talk like a 16 year old punk or some shit.

I'll tell you where I'm coming from: It's very easy to sit and mock from a position of ignorance. It's harder not to. The road you take is _ . So this: -- is the one I'll take, and simply say have a nice day.

And for the record, ass hole, I'm an accountant making pretty decent middle-class money and am happily married to a dental hygienist who, I'd bet dollars to donuts, would blow any chick you've been with out the fucking water as far as looks go. We live in the suburbs, not the ghetto, and you don't have three clues what the fuck you're talking about. I rap, yes. It's a hobby, like many: I also write, I play basketball, dabble in boxing, and I personal train.

Would you like to know more, so that at least the next time you go popping off at the mouth like a jealous little fruitcake with a drippy pussy, you could at least, in your own words, engage in an intelligent discussion?

No? Have a good day. Time to go work-out.

Forum List

Back