Listen to your young republicans

The Reagan generation is middle aged now.

The youth of America are looking longer term and realizing that there isn't much room in that revolution for them, I think.

You see, they saw their parents going slowly broke and they're not amused.

What a bunch of hogwash.

wrong again, I support a family of 4 on a single income which last year was only 38k. On a good year I might clear 45k.

What class would that put me in?

One that can afford internet access, and cable too I bet!

You are middle class, like I'm sure most of us here are. We do our best for our families, bitch about the economy, and hope like hell change is coming soon!

I agree, but that will not stop me from Voting 3rd party this election.

No reason it should, either.

If there was a third party candidate that I like better than O, I'd vote for him or her.

There isn't.

The greens are idiots, the libertarians likewise.

I want to see a real nationalist party, but one without jackboots or commisars.

I LIKE IKE, damn it!

wrong again, I support a family of 4 on a single income which last year was only 38k. On a good year I might clear 45k.

What class would that put me in?

BLS probably sets the bar lower, of course.

This is just my opinion

But a family of four and only one income?

Bearly middle class, age and career growth potential, dependent, of course.

That's a decent income compared to the American median, but too many other expenses, I'll wager, for investing enough your future.

Unless you started out on second base with family help or something, then who knows?

What a family of four needs, now, to have what I think of as a solid middle class quality of life?

Family of four income of $80K or so.

You know the class of people who REALLY get screwed tax-wise?

Last edited:
BLS probably sets the bar lower, of course.

This is just my opinion

But a family of four and only one income?

Bearly middle class, age and career growth potential, dependent, of course.

That's a decent income compared to the American median, but too many other expenses, I'll wager, for investing enough your future.

Unless you started out on second base with family help or something, then who knows?

What a family of four needs, now, to have what I think of as a solid middle class quality of life?

Family of four income of $80K or so.

You know the class of people who REALLY get screwed tax-wise?

My wife will go back to work sooner or later, Our little girl is only 9 months, our son is 3 years, and Day care cost to much for it to be worth while for here to work.

When I was younger and not married, I managed to save some, and that is where the money I have invested, and my house(which I bought outright about 7 months ago) came from.

Now I struggle to pay the bills, and I do not even have a house payment.

You tell me the class of people who really get screwed. :)

Last edited:
My wife will go back to work sooner or later, Our little girl is only 9 months, our son is 3 years, and Day care cost to much for it to be worth while for here to work.

When I was younger and not married, I managed to save some, and that is where the money I have invested, and my house(which I bought outright about 7 months ago) came from.

Wow, that's great CMain, your house is PAID FOR! And your wife gets to stay home with your children while they are young. You should feel very lucky, many people in America wish they had it so good.

As for stuggling to pay the bills,,,,who isn't? Don't even get me started on my gross vs. take home pay, between Uncle Sam and insurance...eek!

Wow, that's great CMain, your house is PAID FOR! And your wife gets to stay home with your children while they are young. You should feel very lucky, many people in America wish they had it so good.

As for stuggling to pay the bills,,,,who isn't? Don't even get me started on my gross vs. take home pay, between Uncle Sam and insurance...eek!

Yeah it is cool but I am dipping into the last of my savings more and more often to keep it that way. She will have to go back to work soon.

maybe we can leave the kids with you? :p

Yeah it is cool but I am dipping into the last of my savings more and more often to keep it that way. She will have to go back to work soon.

maybe we can leave the kids with you? :p

Sure can, for free from ages 5 to 18, thanks to the government we all bitch about!

The Reagan generation is middle aged now.

The youth of America are looking longer term and realizing that there isn't much room in that revolution for them, I think.

You see, they saw their parents going slowly broke and they're not amused.

Yep. They watched how it was when I had plenty of money during the Reagan years and struggled to pay bills during the 90s.

That's at least 2 that aren't going to buy the snow job.

Damn if I am middle class, this country is Fucked :)

finally you are getting it. hundreds of thousands of people took a step backwards and are now living on what you make. unacceptable when gas, health, food and everything else costs more. not to mention the dollar is worth less.

I make more and have no kids. can't imagine how you do it.

yes I bitch for myself cause I took a step back, but who didn't? engineers, lawyers, doctors, if you work for a living, you took a step back. if you don't work but your money works for you, you made out. this is not america.

ps. I heard there is a group that chaney is connected to that believes democracy is outdated. i'll have to research but will provide evidence if I find it. the gop has been chipping away since reagan. slowly, but all through the 80's and 90's and PNAC is the gop playbook on how to excellerate the process.

I know the dems aren't perfect, but this yr a vote for nader or barr is a vote for mccain. if the dems let us down, vote for whoever in 2012. you gave bush a chance and you were dead wrong. perhaps you are wrong about obama? I haven't been wrong since voting for bill in his first term.

finally you are getting it. hundreds of thousands of people took a step backwards and are now living on what you make. unacceptable when gas, health, food and everything else costs more. not to mention the dollar is worth less.

I make more and have no kids. can't imagine how you do it.

yes I bitch for myself cause I took a step back, but who didn't? engineers, lawyers, doctors, if you work for a living, you took a step back. if you don't work but your money works for you, you made out. this is not america.

ps. I heard there is a group that chaney is connected to that believes democracy is outdated. i'll have to research but will provide evidence if I find it. the gop has been chipping away since reagan. slowly, but all through the 80's and 90's and PNAC is the gop playbook on how to excellerate the process.

I know the dems aren't perfect, but this yr a vote for nader or barr is a vote for mccain. if the dems let us down, vote for whoever in 2012. you gave bush a chance and you were dead wrong. perhaps you are wrong about obama? I haven't been wrong since voting for bill in his first term.

Did somebody say something?

but really dude, I did not need you to tell me we have problems :)

The Republicans have been wrong on every issue except welfare.

No wonder people have turned their backs on them.

no offense, but you can't afford another 4 yrs of gop in the white house. he'll veto any fixes the dems try to impliment. and since barr doesn't have a chance, you could help mccain get in by not taking a chance on obama.

don't the libertarians want to do away with social security? bush emptied the treasury in hopes to push that idea too.

you can't run government if you don't believe in government.

I worry about people in your tax bracket. I max out my 401k and do 4k a yr in roth. plus my parents have a lot. so I hope you realize I am not just bitching for myself. I liked factory workers making $35 hr. the economy is better when we all do better. it does not work when ceo's make $20 mill and we all make $15 hr. no one buys anything. companies were fine, but they convinced some of us that they couldn't afford to pay so well. they convinced us we had to outsource everything to china, india and mexico.

we can fix what is wrong. but we know mccain won't and barr can't.
you took a chance that bush could do better than gore. he failed us miserably. I really believe obama is an honest smart man.

just consider everything negative you think about obama is just the gop being really good at campaigning and politics. if only they were as good running the country as they are playing politics.

the only way the dems can do worse is if they stay the course the gop is on now, so in a way, you have nothing to lose. mccain as prez assures we stay the course we are on now.

no offense, but you can't afford another 4 yrs of gop in the white house. he'll veto any fixes the dems try to impliment. and since barr doesn't have a chance, you could help mccain get in by not taking a chance on obama.

don't the libertarians want to do away with social security? bush emptied the treasury in hopes to push that idea too.

you can't run government if you don't believe in government.

I worry about people in your tax bracket. I max out my 401k and do 4k a yr in roth. plus my parents have a lot. so I hope you realize I am not just bitching for myself. I liked factory workers making $35 hr. the economy is better when we all do better. it does not work when ceo's make $20 mill and we all make $15 hr. no one buys anything. companies were fine, but they convinced some of us that they couldn't afford to pay so well. they convinced us we had to outsource everything to china, india and mexico.

we can fix what is wrong. but we know mccain won't and barr can't.
you took a chance that bush could do better than gore. he failed us miserably. I really believe obama is an honest smart man.

just consider everything negative you think about obama is just the gop being really good at campaigning and politics. if only they were as good running the country as they are playing politics.

the only way the dems can do worse is if they stay the course the gop is on now, so in a way, you have nothing to lose. mccain as prez assures we stay the course we are on now.

Bobo the fact that you think the Dems will fix anything, or for that matter are actually better for the poor. Is a clear sign of you delusions.

Vote 3rd party screw the Dems and Reps!

No offense of course :)

Yep. They watched how it was when I had plenty of money during the Reagan years and struggled to pay bills during the 90s.

That's at least 2 that aren't going to buy the snow job.

1. you're the only person that struggled during the 90's. companies had to pay us more because we could just go to another company because jobs were plentiful and wages were really up.

2. weren't you the guy that said I was just whining and I was responsible for my position in life? then wasn't it your fault you struggled in the 90's? can't have it both ways.

but it is funny you struggled during the dot com boom.

3. Let me guess, you were in defense?

I liked factory workers making $35 hr.

Don't you think that factory workers making so much, might have something to do with the fact that all our manufacturing jobs are leaving the country? I sure as hell think it has something to do with the failing US auto industry. I knew a guy who made 28 bucks an hour to sweep floors at GM. Not to mention the union got it set up so, they had to let them work Saturday for double time even when there was no NEED for overtime.

Don't you think that factory workers making so much, might have something to do with the fact that all our manufacturing jobs are leaving the country? I sure as hell think it has something to do with the failing US auto industry. I knew a guy who made 28 bucks an hour to sweep floors at GM. Not to mention the union got it set up so, they had to let them work Saturday for double time even when there was no NEED for overtime.

Yea yea, we've all heard the stories, which is how the GOP/Reagan/Bush broke the unions. They talked about how lazy and overpaid they are.

And yes, if you allow a company to go to 3rd world's where they can employ slave labor, sure, paying a great wage would be one reason why the GOP CHOSE to go overseas. They didn't have to.

They also don't have to pay their ceo's $20 million. And their VP's $10 million. And so on down the white collar food chain.

And if people are making $15 an hour, they aren't going to buy anything.

The system worked!!! GM & Ford were profitable in the past. I really believe they purposely have ruined their American market so they could break the unions. Meanwhile, they are over in China making a killing.

This is why this industry needs to be protected. Canada protects industries that are vital to their economy, japan does, australia does, england does, china does, mexico does. Only we don't. Or if we do, the GOP is trying to undo those protections. Free markets!!!!

And they pitted us against our union brothers and sisters. We aren't in unions so we let it happen. Meanwhile, every worker right we have is due to them. Yes the unions got too arrogant and lazy, blabla. But I don't like the alternative.

Don't you think American truckers making so much are why the GOP wants to let Mexican truckers in? They don't have the same safety standards and they don't cost as much.

Don't you think me wanting to make what I make is why my company is outsourcing to India?

Don't you think American toy maker employees are why they want to go to China?

Don't you think American Computer Programmers is why they want more Visa's for indian computer guru's?

ETC

Forum List

Back