LINK: Iraq Connection Helped U.S. Find Bin Laden

An unverifiable article from newsmax full of words like "may have" and "could be". Yeah, that's credible.

Stuff like this just makes the right look desperate and pathetic. Sorry, I meant MORE desperate and pathetic.

What are you talking about?
yea the american people may not be known to most Americans, I wonder why?
Yet the Americans sure knew about GWBs so called military records

My friend I have nothing to be desperate about, and as far as pathetic, I find it pathetic that one American would call another pathetic just because they differ in opinion

kinda early to be hitting the sauce, isn't it?

The post claimed there where allot of "mays" in the column
Many people may not have known about this individual being captured in Iraq because it my not fit the NY times profile
If you have nothing to add other than "hitting the sauce"
Go away

why?

I mean CBS reported days before a presidential election that some in accurate information about Bush and his service record about events that have not taken place on a computer that did not exist at the time

The AP is the source for the story

so whats the problem?

So let me get this straight.

The reason that the Newsmax story is reliable is because CBS did an unreliable story about GW Bush?

lol, good one.

No
I am having a hard time with the liberal mind. They state a story is not accurate, but give no reason why it is not accurate
It is like Time
every-one knows Time and the NY times, Washington Post do not lean left, they are the leading the cause for the left
everyone knows that
but the story no matter how spun out it is usually is true

The Liberal mind gives the impression that this story is what?
wrong?
why?

It's not up to us to prove an unconfirmed, unproven story false.

The reason that the Newsmax story is reliable is because CBS did an unreliable story about GW Bush?

lol, good one.

No
I am having a hard time with the liberal mind. They state a story is not accurate, but give no reason why it is not accurate
It is like Time
every-one knows Time and the NY times, Washington Post do not lean left, they are the leading the cause for the left
everyone knows that

wrong?
why?

I am unsure what this would be called

Phone call by Kuwaiti courier led to bin Laden - Yahoo! News

Then in 2004, top al-Qaida operative Hassan Ghul was captured in Iraq. Ghul told the CIA that al-Kuwaiti was a courier, someone crucial to the terrorist organization. In particular, Ghul said, the courier was close to Faraj al-Libi, who replaced Mohammed as al-Qaida's operational commander. It was a key break in the hunt for in bin Laden's personal courier.
"Hassan Ghul was the linchpin," a U.S. official said.
Finally, in May 2005, al-Libi was captured. Under CIA interrogation, al-Libi admitted that when he was promoted to succeed Mohammed, he received the word through a courier. But he made up a name for the courier and denied knowing al-Kuwaiti, a denial that was so adamant and unbelievable that the CIA took it as confirmation that he and Mohammed were protecting the courier. It only reinforced the idea that al-Kuwaiti was very important to al-Qaida.
If they could find the man known as al-Kuwaiti, they'd find bin Laden.
The revelation that intelligence gleaned from the CIA's so-called black sites helped kill bin Laden was seen as vindication for many intelligence officials who have been repeatedly investigated and criticized for their involvement in a program that involved the harshest interrogation methods in U.S. history.

why?

I mean CBS reported days before a presidential election that some in accurate information about Bush and his service record about events that have not taken place on a computer that did not exist at the time

so whats the problem?

lol, good one.

No
It is like Time
everyone knows that

wrong?
why?

Because it contains unsubstantiated claims, first of all. Second, it doesn't matter if an article comes from AP, The Washington Post, or Newsmax, unless there is verifiable information tying a story to the larger picture, it's meaningless. And third, who was the "official" who spoke to the AP? Was the CIA spilling classified information to Newsmax? Highly unlikely. Connecting the dots undoubtedly does go all the way back to post-911 and AQ-in Iraq, but Newsmax's intent by resurrecting this chain of events is solely to justify the invasion of Iraq, not the trail to capture bin laden.

why?

so whats the problem?

There were all kinds of stories with weak linkages of AQ to Iraq. I'm sure now that bin Laden is dead, we'll see many more of these stories resurrected as people attempt to prove that Bush was mightier than Obama.

Mam with respect thats not the cons intent
Look at the facts thats a no brainier
5% UE vs 9% with the deficit numbers Obama has is as far as I need to go with that
The real conservative is trying to save this country, not comparing the obvious

So you decided to switch subjects?

My friend I have nothing to be desperate about, and as far as pathetic, I find it pathetic that one American would call another pathetic just because they differ in opinion

That's some audacity...asking ME what I'm talking about. Your sentences don't make a lick of sense. Seriously? "The american people may not be known to most Americans?" WTF?

Yes, pathetic. Bush doesn't get credit for getting bin Laden...get over it.

Well actually he does. There was certainly increased intensity among the intelligence agencies following 911 and the disastrous bunch of crap the CIA relied upon to justify the invasion of Iraq. So that was much improved long prior to Obama becoming President. What I find ludicrous is those who continue to attempt to make the connection between al-Qaeda's attacks of 911 and the invasion of Iraq, which is what that Newsmax article is attempting to do.

There were all kinds of stories with weak linkages of AQ to Iraq. I'm sure now that bin Laden is dead, we'll see many more of these stories resurrected as people attempt to prove that Bush was mightier than Obama.

5% UE vs 9% with the deficit numbers Obama has is as far as I need to go with that

up above there is another link to this story from yahoo
Look one of the items us conservatives have allways had is the amount of, or the lack of story lines we get
It would be ok if all of us did not cast our vote on all that spam. Its like this link, the left is trying everything they can to make this one go away
10 YEAR AGREEMENT WITH PAKISTAN - Google Search

They could have easily captured or killed OBL much quicker if they would have simply put the spot light and rubber hose on the leader of Pakistan.

Absolutely. Musharraf seemed to have some magic ability to be taken seriously, just as Karzai continues to do. What's up with that? I actually hope there are intelligence folks working behind the scenes to find out who put the kill order out for Benazir Bhutto.

No
It is like Time
everyone knows that

wrong?
why?

Then in 2004, top al-Qaida operative Hassan Ghul was captured in Iraq. Ghul told the CIA that al-Kuwaiti was a courier, someone crucial to the terrorist organization. In particular, Ghul said, the courier was close to Faraj al-Libi, who replaced Mohammed as al-Qaida's operational commander. It was a key break in the hunt for in bin Laden's personal courier.
Finally, in May 2005, al-Libi was captured. Under CIA interrogation, al-Libi admitted that when he was promoted to succeed Mohammed, he received the word through a courier. But he made up a name for the courier and denied knowing al-Kuwaiti, a denial that was so adamant and unbelievable that the CIA took it as confirmation that he and Mohammed were protecting the courier. It only reinforced the idea that al-Kuwaiti was very important to al-Qaida.
The revelation that intelligence gleaned from the CIA's so-called black sites helped kill bin Laden was seen as vindication for many intelligence officials who have been repeatedly investigated and criticized for their involvement in a program that involved the harshest interrogation methods in U.S. history.

It's the same AP story, picked up by all news outlets. That's not the point. Why didn't Newsmax include a link to it's "similar story" of 2004?

up above there is another link to this story from yahoo
Look one of the items us conservatives have allways had is the amount of, or the lack of story lines we get
It would be ok if all of us did not cast our vote on all that spam. Its like this link, the left is trying everything they can to make this one go away
10 YEAR AGREEMENT WITH PAKISTAN - Google Search

Why would the left want that story to go away? It more than JUSTIFIES incursion into a sovereign country to take out bin Laden, which Pakistan has been bitching about!! I hadn't seen that. This is GREAT.

That's some audacity...asking ME what I'm talking about. Your sentences don't make a lick of sense. Seriously? "The american people may not be known to most Americans?" WTF?

Yeah, that's why Nancy (the witch) Pelosi personally called Bush and thanked him for helping to track down bin Laden.

Get back in the fucking closet where you belong.

Christ, liberals are fucking idiots!:cuckoo:

Yeah, that's why Nancy (the witch) Pelosi personally called Bush and thanked him for helping to track down bin Laden.

I dont know whats got into them. People who have fell off of the common sense wagon and bumped there head have me so confused
You can state a fact, a fact that has no feelings and only adds to the discussion of an event, and my god the wheels of sanity come off

As far as OBL, the CIA found OBL and the navy seals finished him
not BHO, nor GWB
now policy wise GWB allowed events to take place that cannot be denied helped

I dont know whats got into them. People who have fell off of the common sense wagon and bumped there head have me so confused
You can state a fact, a fact that has no feelings and only adds to the discussion of an event, and my god the wheels of sanity come off

As far as OBL, the CIA found OBL and the navy seals finished him
not BHO, nor GWB
now policy wise GWB allowed events to take place that cannot be denied helped
That is exactly what is driving the loons friggin' bonkers.......Bush's policies worked. Waterboarding worked. And both go totally against what their beloved liberal hero's, too include BHO, were preaching about. They vociferously claimed for years that Bush's policies were ridiculous, and waterboarding absolutely did not work. Now that they have been proven YET AGAIN to be completely wrong, the liberal idiots are freaking out.

I'm finding it to be quite comical, and highly entertaining.

lol this U.S. Official doesn't have a name? Newsmax? Are GOPers tring to spin as we couldn't have caught OBL without going onto Iraq?

Spin?
Its just information, you take what you want from it
Its not just from news max also

Again, this is where the left gets lost. There is information here that is simple and to the point that clearly shows to me there was connections between Iraq and OBL

No
It is like Time
everyone knows that

wrong?
why?

So what's your point? That torture is moral because sometimes it works?

Really?

Really?
Nobody was tortured....they were waterboarded.

And, if non-torterous waterboarding saves even one american life, WATERBOARD THE PISS OUT OF 'EM!

Enough of this god damn whiney, apologist liberal bullshit.

That's because Pelosi is a class act. I don't claim to be. Bush gets no more credit for killing OBL than the guy that made the bolts gets credit for building the Eiffel tower.

Really?

Torture?
we water board our pilots before they fly
Torture?
Its not even funny any more
Look no 9-11, these issues do not exist to start with
try and blame the damn people who caused this mess to start with

Forum List

Back