CDZ Lincoln: Hero or Villain?

He was a somewhat simplistic man who had been prescribed mercury by a quack doctor. So it's hard to know exactly what his character was. His actions were a mixed bag however. And he recieved some very good council from others that helped improve his reputation greatly:

Lincoln: Hero or Villain

Let’s Debate.
War Criminal and Tyrant. EVERYONE needs to read The Real Lincoln.
See, go read my first post , he was a Man, flawed at best, and had to do what ever he could to save this country from the people who wanted to tear it apart. Sounds just like what the Democrats are trying to do again, just with a different president...
He tore the country apart, the north and south were and still are 2 COMPLETELY different places and we will NEVER be united.
That is the Democrat Party......Never united, always divided....
Nope, that's just the way things are. I am no democrat, never have been, never will be. It's just the facts, you can't make something wholly united that was never united to begin with. EACH STATE voluntarily joined the union and had every right to leave the union.
Down here in Floor E Da, we have had an influx of EX New Yorkers showing up at our 2020 Trump rallies,(i mean protests) and they are now confirmed Republican voters because they are tired of the Democrat shit going on. Funny how the people unite against the common enemy of the United States when Evil shows its ugly face....
I will hopefully be one of them in about a year.
Come on down....You too, can be a winner on the Floor E Da is right...

Let’s Debate.
See, go read my first post , he was a Man, flawed at best, and had to do what ever he could to save this country from the people who wanted to tear it apart. Sounds just like what the Democrats are trying to do again, just with a different president...
He tore the country apart, the north and south were and still are 2 COMPLETELY different places and we will NEVER be united.
Nope, that's just the way things are. I am no democrat, never have been, never will be. It's just the facts, you can't make something wholly united that was never united to begin with. EACH STATE voluntarily joined the union and had every right to leave the union.
Down here in Floor E Da, we have had an influx of EX New Yorkers showing up at our 2020 Trump rallies,(i mean protests) and they are now confirmed Republican voters because they are tired of the Democrat shit going on. Funny how the people unite against the common enemy of the United States when Evil shows its ugly face....
To Florida? That's the one thing I hate about the South is the humidity and Florida is HORRIBLE the farther south you go. I remember being in Miami and I couldn't breathe!
My daughter runs to the car and runs to the store and runs to the car and runs to the...well, you're right!

Let’s Debate.
To Florida? That's the one thing I hate about the South is the humidity and Florida is HORRIBLE the farther south you go. I remember being in Miami and I couldn't breathe!
Yeah that humidity sucks....
JacksonvilleBeach.jpg

What is really telling about the supposed "History" bunch here trying to armchair quarterback what happened under extreme circumstances over 100 years ago. They sit behind their computers, typing on plastics, using energy that is provided because this country did move away from slavery. If the Southern White Democrats did win, expanded slavery into the new territories, would the United States still be relying on those poor souls instead of the machines that put US into the 21st century? We dont know, but lazy liberals who had slaves do all their work, might not of "evolved" to the lazy liberals today who have all of US doing the work, so they can steal from our labor....

What is really telling about the supposed "History" bunch here trying to armchair quarterback what happened under extreme circumstances over 100 years ago. They sit behind their computers, typing on plastics, using energy that is provided because this country did move away from slavery. If the Southern White Democrats did win, expanded slavery into the new territories, would the United States still be relying on those poor souls instead of the machines that put US into the 21st century? We dont know, but lazy liberals who had slaves do all their work, might not of "evolved" to the lazy liberals today who have all of US doing the work, so they can steal from our labor....
Lazy Liberals still have slaves in their fancy houses and apartment in Manhattan.

Let’s Debate.
Yeah that humidity sucks....
View attachment 354677
It is and you know it. I LOVE the beaches on the gulf I was born in Pensacola and we went back 2 years ago first time wife and kids had seen the beach but damn I was happy to get back to the mountains.

Hero...Lincoln knew a divided US would invite an invasion by Britain and/or France.

You don't save a nation by killing almost a million people.

The fucker started a shooting war by breaking the truce at Ft Sumter and many Americans died in his dirty war.
I guess you haven't read any biographies of Lincoln; he felt the survival of the nation was worth the sacrifice and he was right.

Lincoln was wrong and the South was right.

The issues of secession could have been solved without war. It may have taken some time and the filthy ass greedy northern Liberal Republicans may have had to compromise more than they wanted to but the nation could have been saved without a massive war.

That asshole Lincoln broke the truce at Ft Sumter to instigate war and then the sonofabitch declared that he was going to raise and army of 75,000 to kill Americans and that was the real start of the war.

Four of the states that joined the Confederacy first voted in their legislatures not to secede with South Carolina. They then changed their minds when the mad man Lincoln decided to kill Americans to solve a political issue.

Yea, Lincoln was pretty much an asshole.

Hero...Lincoln knew a divided US would invite an invasion by Britain and/or France.

The fucker started a shooting war by breaking the truce at Ft Sumter and many Americans died in his dirty war.
Lincoln took the action he took to preserve our union. He did what he had to do and, as a consequence, set the stage that made us the strongest nation in the history of the world.

The asshole used war to solve a politcal issue that could have been solved without war.

Lincoln was the worst tyrant in american history. Period.
Shit on the the entire bill of rights. Sent his thugs to burn down widows livlihood and murder their childrens pets.
James wilkes booth was an american hero!

I guess you haven't read any biographies of Lincoln; he felt the survival of the nation was worth the sacrifice and he was right.

Lincoln was wrong and the South was right.

The issues of secession could have been solved without war. It may have taken some time and the filthy ass greedy northern Liberal Republicans may have had to compromise more than they wanted to but the nation could have been saved without a massive war.

That asshole Lincoln broke the truce at Ft Sumter to instigate war and then the sonofabitch declared that he was going to raise and army of 75,000 to kill Americans and that was the real start of the war.

Four of the states that joined the Confederacy first voted in their legislatures not to secede with South Carolina. They then changed their minds when the mad man Lincoln decided to kill Americans to solve a political issue.

Yea, Lincoln was pretty much an asshole.
So why did the South attack Fort Sumpter thus starting the War? Because the Southern White Democrats wanted a war, so they could keep their slaves in chains....

He also felt the survival of the nation depended on getting rid of the negro presence in the US. He was right...

The issue of slavery is used as an excuse of the war because it lends some kind of moral justification. If you ask any uneducated American why the war was fought they will revert to what they were taught in Jr High School and say "to free the slaves". That is a lie.

The great debates over slavery prior to the war was no more than political posturing.

It had to do with political power by the parties.

Slavery was legal on the Federal level in the US prior to the war, during the war and for almost a year after the war. However, it was up to the states if they wanted to do it or not.

The issue was really over political power in the expansion western states. If a state was to be admitted slave then it was going to be dominated by the Democrats. If it was to be admitted free then it would be dominated by the Republicans.

The Southern Democrats opposed any new state to be admitted free because it would give more power to the already majority northern Republicans.

It is similar to the discussion nowadays to admit DC and or Puerto Rico as a state because it will give more power in Congress to the Democrats.

The South did not not want the Republicans to have more power because there was a history of the Northerners using the power of the Federal government to steal money from export cash rich Democrat South.

He also felt the survival of the nation depended on getting rid of the negro presence in the US. He was right...

The issue of slavery is used as an excuse of the war because it lends some kind of moral justification. If you ask any uneducated American why the war was fought they will revert to what they were taught in Jr High School and say "to free the slaves". That is a lie.

The great debates over slavery prior to the war was no more than political posturing.

Slavery was legal on the Federal level in the US prior to the war, during the war and for almost a year after the war. However, it was up to the states if they wanted to do it or not.

The issue was really over political power in the expansion western states. If a state was to be admitted slave then it was going to be dominated by the Democrats. If it was to be admitted free then it would be dominated by the Republicans.

The Southern Democrats opposed any new state to be admitted free because it would give more power to the already majority northern Republicans.

It is similar to the discussion nowadays to admit DC and or Puerto Rico as a state because it will give more power in Congress to the Democrats.

The South did not not want the Republicans to have more power because there was a history of the Northerners using the power of the Federal government to steal money from export cash rich Democrat South.
So you are saying that it is okay to have black people as slaves? Need some clarification here please...

Those rich Southern White Democrats, were they getting rich at the cost of the labor of slaves?

Let’s Debate.
How about this...President Lincoln was a man, all men are flawed. You especially.. President Lincoln tried to be a good man by having all men be equal, freeing them from the tyranny of the Southern White Democrats. you on the other hand, want to destroy what President Lincoln tried to do..
I agree with you Lincoln was right to bring down the southern rebellion and the traitorous south. The slave power needed to be annihilated from the face of the earth.

Honest Abe didn't want to wage a war of annihilation against the South at all. He wanted to reconcile. Modern liberals feel that Lincoln was wrong because he didn't "finish the job" allowing the rebels to surrender.
First your post makes no sense. Those that pursued the war were the liberals of their time who wanted slavery abolished. It were conservative southern Democrats that fought to maintain slavery. It was the descendants of these Democrats that subsequently fled to the Republican Party in the 60s.
Must be why the democrat party harbored multiple klan members until they died....See Robert Byrd.

He can feel any way he wants, but that doesn’t make it right.

Article Three of the US Constitution:
Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the Testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open Court.

Dishonest Abe was a criminal. The penalty for treason is death. Too bad he wasn’t hung in 1861.

Lincoln took the action he took to preserve our union. He did what he had to do and, as a consequence, set the stage that made us the strongest nation in the history of the world.
He was a traitor. Hang him high.

So you are saying that it is okay to have black people as slaves? Need some clarification here please...

Those rich Southern White Democrats, were they getting rich at the cost of the labor of slaves?
Then reread what was written. That is exactly what the poster is saying. Read it twice or have an adult read it to you if you need further clarification.

Forum List

Back