Limit Orders

/——/ My gambling grosses me about $4,000 a week. Love my covered calls.

Yes. All the gamblers on the innernetz always win bets, and make ,4000% percent a week on their shrewdness n stuff. Nobody ever loses. lol yet we see trillion dollar + bailouts every 6 to 10 years for you and your heroes.

Yes. All the gamblers on the innernetz always win bets, and make ,4000% percent a week on their shrewdness n stuff. Nobody ever loses. lol yet we see trillion dollar + bailouts every 6 to 10 years for you and your heroes.
/——/ Last year was a 10% loss, but I changed my strategy and January has been a blockbuster thanks to SMCI and DWAC.

/——/ Last year was a 10% loss, but I changed my strategy and January has been a blockbuster thanks to SMCI and DWAC.

Yes, you're jeenyus!! All the right wingers here are very wealthy, even though it's obvious none of them have eve filled out a tax return and never tell us their bets before they make them. lol

Why? You never are. Just bable some more idiot platitudes, pat yourself and the other gamblers on the back like you usually do, then post 50 more one liner questions like a 4 year old following Daddy around in the garage.

You'll be running away like the whiney twat you are?

I'm shocked!

It's just gambling, and produces nothing of value.
Traders reduce risk due to a lack of investors or speculators who are ready and willing to buy the asset. illiquid assets can be difficult to sell quickly, which translates to higher risk when investing. Traders, in general, increase the stability and liquidity within financial markets.

Last edited:
Traders reduce risk due to a lack of investors or speculators who are ready and willing to buy the asset. illiquid assets can be difficult to sell quickly, which translates to higher risk when investing. Traders, in general, increase the stability and liquidity within financial markets.

No, they just buy protection from real free markets from Congress, then preen on the innernetz all about how they're 'investors n stuff'; sounds better than claiming to be degenerate gamblers and admit they're terrified of real free markets.

Any traders here like doing limit orders? Do you have rules when to place them, or do you just trust your gut when is the best time to make them?

Curious.

I have stop limit orders. Meaning if I buy a stock at $50 I can place a stop limit at $35 …just in case the stock falls I sell it at 35 instead of for example of it goes all the way down to 15. Do this in order to avoid losing a huge amount just in case the stock tanks

Dwac had a remarkable rise from about sixteen to over fifty one dollars . Wish I would’ve gotten in there at about 13 but it’s all good.

The question is will that stock get up over 100 or even $150 by election time. Obviously if Trump does go seemingly it will but it’s a bit of a gamble.

Dwac had a remarkable rise from about sixteen to over fifty one dollars . Wish I would’ve gotten in there at about 13 but it’s all good.

The question is will that stock get up over 100 or even $150 by election time. Obviously if Trump does go seemingly it will but it’s a bit of a gamble.
/——/ I also own DWACW which are warrants and much cheaper. You trade warrants like call options. Before buying, Google “Stock Warrants” so you understand how they work.

No, they just buy protection from real free markets from Congress, then preen on the innernetz all about how they're 'investors n stuff'; sounds better than claiming to be degenerate gamblers and admit they're terrified of real free markets.
I don't know who you are referring to but it is not professional traders. They are certainly not protected by Congress. There trades are short term gains which denies them the tax benefit of investors. Unlike long term investors, successful trading requires constant attention to the market and the ability to totally ignore emotions, eliminating greed and fear. As a result at least 89% of traders lose money. Most traders do not last longer than a year. I tried it for nearly two years and lost money. That was over 50 years ago. I became a long term investors and have never regretted it.

Any traders here like doing limit orders? Do you have rules when to place them, or do you just trust your gut when is the best time to make them?

Curious.

Use limit orders when the asset price is experiencing significant volatility.
In my opinion this is gambling, not investing.
Solid investments tend to have less volatility.

Use limit orders when the asset price is experiencing significant volatility.
In my opinion this is gambling, not investing.
Solid investments tend to have less volatility.
Every traders has a bail out point so when the market goes against him so he can cut his loses. That bail out price can be written down in a traders trade book or it can take the form of a stop loss order or a limit order on upside. This is just an instruction in the brokers computer to convert the order to a market order when the market hits the specified price.

There is one time traders should always use stop loss or limit order to exit the market and that is when the trader can not be watching the market. And yes, when the stock is extremely volatile, it can be good idea set a limit or stop loss order.

Every traders has a bail out point so when the market goes against him so he can cut his loses. That bail out price can be written down in a traders trade book or it can take the form of a stop loss order or a limit order on upside. This is just an instruction in the brokers computer to convert the order to a market order when the market hits the specified price.

There is one time traders should always use stop loss or limit order to exit the market and that is when the trader can not be watching the market. And yes, when the stock is extremely volatile, it can be good idea set a limit or stop loss order.
Sorry, I'm an investor not a trader.

Curious.

Never make a trade without them.

Any day of the week something can happen that will make the market move in unexpected directions. Stop loss & limit are going to allow you to exit before you lose your butt.

/——/ You’re both. How can you invest or divest without trading in or out? Stop trying to sound so high and mighty.
I haven't bought a stock in over a year
I haven't sold a stock in 5 years

That's not trading, it's investing.
That you don't know the difference is not surprising.

I haven't bought a stock in over a year
I haven't sold a stock in 5 years

That's not trading, it's investing.
That you don't know the difference is not surprising.
/----/ OK, whatever helps you sleep at night. I trade weekly covered calls and cash secured puts on stocks and ETFs I've held for years.

Forum List

Back