Limbaugh v. O’Reilly

Flanders

ARCHCONSERVATIVE
Sep 23, 2010
I first heard about some conservative guy shaking things up on the radio in California. It wasn’t until Rush Limbaugh got his TV show that he bowled me over. That was in the nineties before I got my first computer in 2000. Rush’s TV show was broadcasted in the early AM; so I programmed my VCR (remember them) to tape the show every night. My wife and I would watch the shows on the weekend.

Over the years I listened to Rush’s radio show as often as I could; always when I was in the car while he was on the air. I even got through to his show one time, but the call-screener told me to call back on Open-Line Friday.

Now, let’s fast forward to today.

Nobody was happier than I to read this:

PALM BEACH, Fla. – Rush Limbaugh, the most-listened-to personality on radio, is now considering purchasing time on national television to address America with his conservative political views.

“Folks, I’ve toyed with the idea of going to the networks and saying, ‘I want to buy 30 minutes.’ I actually have,” Limbaugh said on his syndicated radio program Tuesday.

Rush Limbaugh may buy national TV time
Media giant considers reaching people who don't hear his radio show
Published: 13 hours ago
JOE KOVACS

I don’t know how it works, or how much it would cost, but I’d like to see Rush get his own Cable Network. Oprah has Oprah Winfrey’s Network —— OWN. Glenn Beck has The Blaze TV, but that one is subscription TV. (I didn’t care for motivational speaker Beck when he was free.)

Finally, conservatives would love to see Rush stick it to Bill O’Reilly in the ratings.

You know that would happen ONLY if they were on at the same time. Then with the popularity of DVR, ratings might never even enter into the discussion at all.

How stupid do you have to be to believe anything your MessiahRushie says???

To edthecynic: My, my, you put your clever little response in question form. Nobody ever thought of that before! Now show us that you’re not a complete dimwit and say something less plebeian.

Anyone who listens knows Rush will never host a regularly scheduled TV show again, cable or otherwise. He clearly won't trade his golf or other leisure/business pursuits for the way-too-time-consuming rigors of getting a regularly scheduled TV show on the air.

But just plain buying air time for a half-hour, hour, etc. 'spot' is a whole other ballgame. He can certainly afford to do it if he wants to, and no doubt some lefty idiots would go ape shit over it if he did. So, yeah, in my book he should do it just to further hack those loons off.

Anyone who listens knows Rush will never host a regularly scheduled TV show again, cable or otherwise. He clearly won't trade his golf or other leisure/business pursuits for the way-too-time-consuming rigors of getting a regularly scheduled TV show on the air.

But just plain buying air time for a half-hour, hour, etc. 'spot' is a whole other ballgame. He can certainly afford to do it if he wants to, and no doubt some lefty idiots would go ape shit over it if he did. So, yeah, in my book he should do it just to further hack those loons off.

To blastoff: I know that Rush said he would never go back to Network TV. Owning his own Cable Network might change his mind. If he didn’t want to do a full show, I’d like to see him tape a fifteen minute commentary like the radio commentators in my youth. Only Rush could run the spot four or five times a day for people who watch TV at different times.

More importantly, owning the network gives him the clout to hire the people, and to see that liberals did not get away with the crap they get away with in the rest of the vast wasteland —— notably FOX which gives liberals so much face time it has become a liberal-oriented network.

To edthecynic: My, my, you put your clever little response in question form. Nobody ever thought of that before! Now show us that you’re not a complete dimwit and say something less plebeian.
Here's how stupid you have to be. Neither your MessiahRushie nor his audience has even a remote idea what he blathers on about, but they BOTH know it's BRILLIANT! :rofl::lmao:

February 10, 2012
BEGIN TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Jerry on Long Island in New York, welcome to the EIB Network. Hello, sir.
CALLER: Rush, mega, mega dittos from New York. Thank you for taking my call. It's a thrill to be speaking to you.
RUSH: Thank you, sir, very much.
CALLER: A huge thrill. Thank you very much.
RUSH: You bet.
CALLER: I was telling Snerdley, your opening monologues are usually amazing but this morning's was brilliant, and I think it should be distributed to every high school student in this country. Because it was absolutely conservatism on parade this morning, and if our candidates could talk anywhere near what you said this morning, it would be a landslide in November, don't you think?
RUSH: You know, I've forgotten what I said. I thought I opened up talking about the Obama Health and Human Services, the abortion thing. What did I say that...? I'm not denying it was great. I just don't remember it.
CALLER: I was never really prompted to call anybody. When I heard it I just thought, "This was conservatism." Everything you said, Rush. Just... I don't know what you said, but it was just conservatism.

Here's how stupid you have to be. Neither your MessiahRushie nor his audience has even a remote idea what he blathers on about, but they BOTH know it's BRILLIANT! :rofl::lmao:

To edthecynic: I see more of the same —— criticizing an ENTERTAINER that does not govern you or anyone else.

Hussein & Company govern you, rip you off, abolish your constitutional Rights, and betray the county at every opportunity. Not a one of them can open their mouth without lying; so perhaps you should apply your debating technique to them by asking yourself: How stupid am I to believe anything they say?

Seeing as every endeavour he's tried in tv was an epic fail, buying airtime is the only way he could do it.

I first heard about some conservative guy shaking things up on the radio in California. It wasn’t until Rush Limbaugh got his TV show that he bowled me over. That was in the nineties before I got my first computer in 2000. Rush’s TV show was broadcasted in the early AM; so I programmed my VCR (remember them) to tape the show every night. My wife and I would watch the shows on the weekend.

Over the years I listened to Rush’s radio show as often as I could;
always when I was in the car while he was on the air. I even got through to his show one time, but the call-screener told me to call back on Open-Line Friday.

PALM BEACH, Fla. – Rush Limbaugh, the most-listened-to personality on radio, is now considering purchasing time on national television to address America with his conservative political views.

“Folks, I’ve toyed with the idea of going to the networks and saying, ‘I want to buy 30 minutes.’ I actually have,” Limbaugh said on his syndicated radio program Tuesday.

JOE KOVACS

To edthecynic: I see more of the same —— criticizing an ENTERTAINER that does not govern you or anyone else.
So then how stupid AND LIBERAL does that make YOU to pine for an ENTERTAINER to feed you more bullshit on television? :eusa_shhh:

December 20, 2007
RUSH: That's a liberal complaint. I'm an entertainer. Don't take me seriously.

December 23, 2007
RUSH: Whoever said those things was essentially repeating the Democrat mantra of all these years: that I am just an entertainer, not an independent thinker

Last edited:

To blastoff: I know that Rush said he would never go back to Network TV. Owning his own Cable Network might change his mind. If he didn’t want to do a full show, I’d like to see him tape a fifteen minute commentary like the radio commentators in my youth. Only Rush could run the spot four or five times a day for people who watch TV at different times.

More importantly, owning the network gives him the clout to hire the people, and to see that liberals did not get away with the crap they get away with in the rest of the vast wasteland —— notably FOX which gives liberals so much face time it has become a liberal-oriented network.

True, though I won't say Fox has become liberal though it does do a good job of presenting all points of the view. It wouldn't command ratings that beat all the other cable news channels combined if it did not provide something other than the liberal point of view.

When Rush had his TV show, cable was in its infancy and the "Big Three" networks were really the only game in town for universal coverage. And as good as Rush's TV shows were, and they were pretty good, he never could get a time slot to generate the audience he needed to be fully successful on TV. The big three networks considered his show to be too much 'over the top' to be successful in prime time. And without prime time exposure, he couldn't be considered really successful. At least back then.

But Rush is far less into conspiracy theories than say Glenn Beck was, and would be far more mainstream in Beck's spot on Fox News. Beck, as controversial as he was, beat all the competition combined in his time slot. "The Five" has successfully filled that slot though since Beck left Fox, and I doubt Fox would take a chance on screwing that up by moving "The Five" and putting Rush into that slot. In fact, Rush is so controversial, I wonder if Fox would even take him on? Glenn Beck wasn't that controversial until he got his show on Fox, and that threw him into the national spotlight and he became controversial. And too 'unmainstream' for Fox's programming philosophy.

But what would Rush do with purchased time? Poliical informercials like the ones Ross Perot once did? Would that be effective this day and age if he pre-empted a popular television show? And would people tune in if there was something else on they normally watch?

I dunno. But if he did a half hour on televsion, I would probably watch. Or at least record it to watch later.

Last edited:

Over the years I listened to Rush’s radio show as often as I could; always when I was in the car while he was on the air. I even got through to his show one time, but the call-screener told me to call back on Open-Line Friday.

JOE KOVACS

I don’t know how it works, or how much it would cost, but I’d like to see Rush get his own Cable Network. Oprah has Oprah Winfrey’s Network —— OWN. Glenn Beck has The Blaze TV, but that one is subscription TV. (I didn’t care for motivational speaker Beck when he was free.)

Finally, conservatives would love to see Rush stick it to Bill O’Reilly in the ratings.

I hope so Rush would be a goldmine for comedians.

Seeing as every endeavour he's tried in tv was an epic fail, buying airtime is the only way he could do it.

His television show was a great success. He just didn't want to do all the work it required.

It certainly is hilarious to observe the way all the turds foam at the mouth over the mere mention of his name.

His television show was a great success. He just didn't want to do all the work it required.

It certainly is hilarious to observe the way all the turds foam at the mouth over the mere mention of his name.

I was sorry to see the his tv show to go off the air. It gave America a good look at the fools that idolize this guy. They even bought his power ties to wear on the program. Here he's making millions off these rubes and he still has to hustle them for their chump change. O Reilly's no better with the coffee cups and doormats.

JOE KOVACS

ahoy Flanders and well met,

if Mr. Limbaugh really wants to show how mighty he be, he'll buy a half hour and go head to head with Mr. Stewart's Daily Show.

i'd be curious to see how he'd fare, aye i would.

- MeadHallPirate

True, though I won't say Fox has become liberal though it does do a good job of presenting all points of the view.

To Foxfyre: Every time I surf into FOX I hear a liberal espousing the liberal point of view that I wouldn’t listen to on the other networks. It seems to me that FOX management implemented its own version of the Fairness Doctrine.

It wouldn't command ratings that beat all the other cable news channels combined if it did not provide something other than the liberal point of view.

To Foxfyre: I know it’s about ratings and advertising dollars. If you put a stopwatch to many of FOX’s shows you’ll find that they are 30 minutes product commercial and 30 minutes program. You’ll be lucky if you get a minute of two of actual news in a one hour show; and the crap is repeated over and over again throughout the day. Put all of that aside and you’re left with one thing: FOX does more to put the liberal message into conservatives ears than all of the liberal networks combined. My major beef is FOX’s phoney fair and balanced B.S. To me, fair and balanced is individuals deciding to watch a conservative network or a liberal network.

"The Five" has successfully filled that slot though since Beck left Fox, and I doubt Fox would take a chance on screwing that up by moving "The Five" and putting Rush into that slot.

To Foxfyre: I’m not sure “The Five” is a success. No show with Bob Beckel as a regular can be a success with conservatives who constitute at least half of FOX’s audience. Put it this way. If Beckel was on a liberal network show no conservative would tune in.

Incidentally, I’ve surfed into O’Reilly a few times and there sits Beckel. That tells me The Five needs a bit of pumping up.

Glenn Beck wasn't that controversial until he got his show on Fox, and that threw him into the national spotlight and he became controversial. And too 'unmainstream' for Fox's programming philosophy.

To Foxfyre: Glenn Beck was dumped when FOX decision makers realized a motivational speaker had a show on their “news network.” Beck’s departure was no more than that.

To bripat9643: It doesn’t get better than that!

I was sorry to see the his tv show to go off the air. It gave America a good look at the fools that idolize this guy.

To jasonnfree: Then you should be thrilled if Rush comes back.

They even bought his power ties to wear on the program. Here he's making millions off these rubes and he still has to hustle them for their chump change. O Reilly's no better with the coffee cups and doormats.

To jasonnfree: Nobody is forced to buy anything. On the other hand, you and your kind do not object to the scum who get rich on tax dollars, nor do you object to the parasite class everybody is forced to support. Of course, you could be one of them. If that’s the case you have to be envious of everybody who does well without living on tax dollars. Bottom line: Envy is the foundation for every government’s authority.

if Mr. Limbaugh really wants to show how mighty he be, he'll buy a half hour and go head to head with Mr. Stewart's Daily Show.

To MeadHallPirate: I know who Stewart is, but I don’t know enough about him to lay odds. I’m sure El Rushbo will fare well against any liberal.

JOE KOVACS

WoW!!!

I don't think I've ever witnessed a display of open wilfull ignorance on this board to such a degree before.

This is a new low.

I wonder how many other "ditto heads" are like you.

And BTW, he'd fail miserably even if he bought the airtime.

TV and Radio are simply two different beasts.

But don't let that stop you.

:lol:

*SMH*

Forum List

Back