Limbaugh: Obamas Enjoy Spending Money 'Without Having To Work For It.'...

Is there some truth to this or is it just a cheap shot?

“The Obamas,” a book by New York Times correspondent Jodi Kantor, reveals that the White House secretly hosted an “Alice in Wonderland costume ball,” considered by some to be poor taste in the middle of a recession.

And while President Barack Obama has been using the language of economic populism to bolster his political standing, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday that the president is just an ordinary politician pursuing the trappings of wealth and power for himself.

“There is something else that explains all of this — the Solyndras, the health care waivers, the entire regime,” Limbaugh said. “I really think it is nothing more complicated than money. I think you have — I’ll never forget Marion Barry at the 1984 Democrat convention, San Francisco. And I don’t know specifically what he was referring to but his speech was, ‘Tonight, tonight we’re on the inside,’ meaning ‘OK finally we got our chance to be in charge of things.’”

And that theory holds especially true for Obama and his wife, Limbaugh said.

“Now I believe in addition to whatever drives Obama and his party ideologically, also near the top of the list is the pursuit of money without having to work for it,” he said. “Be able to pass it out to their friends and set their friends up to be wealthy for the rest of their lives. I think there’s all kinds of that going on too.”

Watch the Video and

Read more: Rush Limbaugh | Halloween Party | Obamas Spending Money | The Daily Caller

A cheapshot........because let's be honest, does Limbaugh "work" for his spending cash? Hell, we can all yap our opinion for 3 hours a day easily. That isn't work. It's pretty light duty and you're lucky if you can get that kind of a job.

Last edited:

“The Obamas,” a book by New York Times correspondent Jodi Kantor, reveals that the White House secretly hosted an “Alice in Wonderland costume ball,” considered by some to be poor taste in the middle of a recession.

And while President Barack Obama has been using the language of economic populism to bolster his political standing, conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh said Monday that the president is just an ordinary politician pursuing the trappings of wealth and power for himself.

“There is something else that explains all of this — the Solyndras, the health care waivers, the entire regime,” Limbaugh said. “I really think it is nothing more complicated than money. I think you have — I’ll never forget Marion Barry at the 1984 Democrat convention, San Francisco. And I don’t know specifically what he was referring to but his speech was, ‘Tonight, tonight we’re on the inside,’ meaning ‘OK finally we got our chance to be in charge of things.’”

“Now I believe in addition to whatever drives Obama and his party ideologically, also near the top of the list is the pursuit of money without having to work for it,” he said. “Be able to pass it out to their friends and set their friends up to be wealthy for the rest of their lives. I think there’s all kinds of that going on too.”

Watch the Video and

Read more: Rush Limbaugh | Halloween Party | Obamas Spending Money | The Daily Caller

A cheapshot........because let's be honest, does Limbaugh "work" for his spending cash? Hell, we can all yap our opinion for 3 hours a day easily. That isn't work. It's pretty light duty and you're lucky if you can get that kind of a job.

First of all, we can all yap for three hours, sure. What we CAN'T do is convince millions of people to listen to us, and thus bring in massive advertising dollars and syndication contracts. That's why HE'S getting millions of dollars a year to be a talk-show host, and we aren't.

Second of all, his job involves a lot more than just running his gums for three hours. Any talk-show host, but particularly one whose show involves current events and political issues, has to put in hours of show prep to find the topics and news stories people will be interested in. Furthermore, you're not heading any enterprise like that without a lot of behind-the-scenes meetings, both with your staff and with the people who actually fork over all that money.

Third and finally, yeah. He earns it, simply because it is money being paid to him contractually in exchange for a job he is doing. You can sit around, eating your liver with envy because it's so much and grousing that "he doesn't really earn it", but that's not your decision to make, because it's not your money. It's also not relevant to any logical, factual discussion of whether or not his income is earned, or merely siphoned off at the taxpayers' expense, a la the high-living Obamas and their fancy vacations and parties, which most assuredly are NOT coming out of or part of the salary we actually pay the President for the job he does. They're much more akin to a corporate executive abusing his expense account, only on a MUCH larger and more obscene scale.

Limbaugh is not really in too good a place to be taking shots at others for enjoying money they don't really work for.

How much does Limbaugh make per hour?

You really don't see the difference, do you?

Leftists don't believe it's possible to work for and earn money over a certain amount. Everything over that amount is, to their minds, just like winning the Powerball: you just somehow got lucky.

The fact that that money is paid to Limbaugh as a fee for bringing in much, much MORE money than that seems to escape them.
I wonder why Carby considers himself to be smart...'cause he ain't.

Limbaugh is not really in too good a place to be taking shots at others for enjoying money they don't really work for.

A LOT... so? You do realize that Limbaugh worked for dirt for YEARS in the early days... and after years of hard work and persistence, he finally hit it big?

I guarantee you Limbaugh has logged 1000 x as many work hours as the Boy King.
And has been fired 7 times in his life until he took the risk to start calling his own shots.

Watch the Video and

First of all, we can all yap for three hours, sure. What we CAN'T do is convince millions of people to listen to us, and thus bring in massive advertising dollars and syndication contracts. That's why HE'S getting millions of dollars a year to be a talk-show host, and we aren't.

Second of all, his job involves a lot more than just running his gums for three hours. Any talk-show host, but particularly one whose show involves current events and political issues, has to put in hours of show prep to find the topics and news stories people will be interested in. Furthermore, you're not heading any enterprise like that without a lot of behind-the-scenes meetings, both with your staff and with the people who actually fork over all that money.

Third and finally, yeah. He earns it, simply because it is money being paid to him contractually in exchange for a job he is doing. You can sit around, eating your liver with envy because it's so much and grousing that "he doesn't really earn it", but that's not your decision to make, because it's not your money. It's also not relevant to any logical, factual discussion of whether or not his income is earned, or merely siphoned off at the taxpayers' expense, a la the high-living Obamas and their fancy vacations and parties, which most assuredly are NOT coming out of or part of the salary we actually pay the President for the job he does. They're much more akin to a corporate executive abusing his expense account, only on a MUCH larger and more obscene scale.

You see....the left just doesn't understand all this. They see someone sitting at a desk, talking, and think "wow" i could do that! They don't understand that a job like this is MUCH more than sitting on your ass for 3 hrs...idiots. They think you can just sit yourself down and start talking...well, you can, but you also have to know what your talking about. I know i couldn't do it and still keep everyone's attention!!! ha!

They see rich people that seem to have a very cushy life....they don't understand that there's a good chance those rich people started out as poor as they are, and worked hard to move up in a company and they EARNED the right to have some "cushy" in their life.

Then there's the rich that has had everything handed to them....their parents possibly worked very hard and EARNED the money they were able to leave to their family.

No, not every rich person in America came by it honestly...we all know we have a gazillion crooks out there. But all these idiots that do nothing but bash the rich are just pissed because they're too lazy to go out and make something of themselves. Much easier to have their govt hand over everything they need.

Apples & Oranges. He doesn't get paid in Tax Dollars.

Dunno. Around the same time..Bush clocked about 180 vacation days..and I think Obama's up to 61.

Was Limbaugh complaining about that?

And if he wasn't? What's the difference?

Just a dickish thing said by a dick. Non news story. *snoreeeee*

Watching democrats justify obama's spending is really amusing. It's like they forgot flying a chef in from Chicago once a week for pizza night.

Work is beneath the Obamas. People as intelligent as the Hussein don't need to 'work', they should just be put in charge and be given all the money he wants, because they know whats best for all of us!

Clearly democrats find skin color the ultimate in absolution. He can do anything he wants because being black is an automatic pass.

You see....the left just doesn't understand all this. They see someone sitting at a desk, talking, and think "wow" i could do that! They don't understand that a job like this is MUCH more than sitting on your ass for 3 hrs...idiots. They think you can just sit yourself down and start talking...well, you can, but you also have to know what your talking about. I know i couldn't do it and still keep everyone's attention!!! ha!

They see rich people that seem to have a very cushy life....they don't understand that there's a good chance those rich people started out as poor as they are, and worked hard to move up in a company and they EARNED the right to have some "cushy" in their life.

Then there's the rich that has had everything handed to them....their parents possibly worked very hard and EARNED the money they were able to leave to their family.

No, not every rich person in America came by it honestly...we all know we have a gazillion crooks out there. But all these idiots that do nothing but bash the rich are just pissed because they're too lazy to go out and make something of themselves. Much easier to have their govt hand over everything they need.

Yeah except, I'm a conservative.........just a conservative that has never cared for Rush. In fact, I don't care for any talk radio host of any stripe with the exception of Neal Boortz. Most go over the top and stretch the truth in their favor. Most are willing to talk the talk, but aren't willing to walk the walk. If they are so smart and have the answers, why aren't they running for office and trying to solve the problems? No, most talk radio hosts are armchair quarterbacks who can spout rhetoric, but have no desire to back it up. They have to do what they do in order to keep people listening to get the ratings to keep a pay check. I'll give them that. They have a skill. How hard the work is, that's a different story.

Apples & Oranges. He doesn't get paid in Tax Dollars.

Dunno. Around the same time..Bush clocked about 180 vacation days..and I think Obama's up to 61.

Was Limbaugh complaining about that?

And if he wasn't? What's the difference?

Bush's family all took the same plane. They went to his home in Texas. They didn't take multiple planes with scads of hangers-on to lavish, pricey vacation spots that had to be paid for by the taxpayers.

And let's don't get all hairsplitty and talk ONLY about Obama's vacations. How about the trips his wife, Empress Michelle, takes, which are ALSO on our dime?

I don't think we have a total yet for the Hawaii trip, but the Martha's Vineyard trip was over $50,000 just for the accommodations. And then there was Michelle's $400,000 trip to Spain and $2,000 a night trip to a Colorado ski resort.

The point isn't how much time they spend on vacation. No one cares about that. The President of the United States is never truly away from being the President, especially in the Information Age. The point is how lavishly they spend taxpayer dollars, either on pricey vacations or on fancy parties with celebrities right there in the White House.

Forum List

Back