Like I Said, Academia Is In the Shitter

Weatherman2020

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2013
Right coast, classified
A trio of academics, fed up with how badly things have gone awry in the Humanities departments of many universities, set out to gain some insight about just how bad:

Academic journals are caught up in massive hoax involving 20 FAKE papers on ‘dog rape culture’, ‘a conceptual penis’ and re-printing a version of MEIN KAMPF

Their aim was to expose how ‘absurdities’ get published in legitimate peer-reviewed academic papers due to a lack of critical review.

In total the team of three researchers wrote 20 hoax papers on a field of study loosely defined as ‘grievance studies’.

These papers – seven of which were accepted and four published online – were based on just ‘nutty or inhumane’ ideas that they ran with.

The authors claim their prank shows that higher education’s fixation with identity politics has created ‘absurd and horrific’ scholarship, according to an in-depth piece by Wall Street Journal.

They even associated male anatomy with climate change.

Academic journals are caught up in massive hoax involving 20 FAKE papers | Daily Mail Online

Maybe we can ridicule these Leftists back from the brink of insanity. Too bad the popular culture is unwilling to help.

There are two genders people. Only two.

Last edited:
A trio of academics, fed up with how badly things have gone awry in the Humanities departments of many universities, set out to gain some insight about just how bad:

Academic journals are caught up in massive hoax involving 20 FAKE papers on ‘dog rape culture’, ‘a conceptual penis’ and re-printing a version of MEIN KAMPF

Their aim was to expose how ‘absurdities’ get published in legitimate peer-reviewed academic papers due to a lack of critical review.

In total the team of three researchers wrote 20 hoax papers on a field of study loosely defined as ‘grievance studies’.

These papers – seven of which were accepted and four published online – were based on just ‘nutty or inhumane’ ideas that they ran with.

The authors claim their prank shows that higher education’s fixation with identity politics has created ‘absurd and horrific’ scholarship, according to an in-depth piece by Wall Street Journal.

Academic journals are caught up in massive hoax involving 20 FAKE papers | Daily Mail Online
Tell me about it! My wife is getting close to retiring from academia and can't wait. She has had it with her ultra Liberal faculty and constant Trump bashing. Aren't these people supposed to be intelligent? Now all they do is post nastygrams about Trump. How stupid.

Intelligent folk are independents. Smart enough to think for themselves without braindead zombies from either party telling them how to think.

Maybe we can ridicule these Leftists back from the brink of insanity

One thing I've learned from working with mental patients (and mental co-workers) is, the more you attempt to dissuade them from their delusions, the more tenaciously to them they will cling.

A better tactic is to acknowledge the delusion and find a way to coopt it to modify their behavior .

Someone disagrees and you don't like it cuz you are surely right. Then you call names. Sound like a typical liberal or conservative.

Wake up and go to work tomorrow. I shall sleep in and go hunting. Retirement beats working.

You realize this "article" is a copy/paste of an opinion piece...??

No.

Didn't see that?

Yeah, reading... you should try it.

You realize this "article" is a copy/paste of an opinion piece...??

No.

Didn't see that?

Yeah, reading... you should try it.
Enjoy.

One thing I've learned from working with mental patients (and mental co-workers) is, the more you attempt to dissuade them from their delusions, the more tenaciously to them they will cling.

A better tactic is to acknowledge the delusion and find a way to coopt it to modify their behavior .
I prefer to foster the delusion, and embolden their confidence in it. Then lead them willingly to their own destruction. Problem solved...

Yep.....my approach exactly. You take the absurdities and just make them more absurd.

Let face it......a lot of those in academia have found a place where their mental condition will not be identified.:113:

Forum List

Back